Official TaleWorlds Server Rules (As of April 2nd, 2010)
Offenses which warrant a ban:
1. Any behavior which is also marked as "may result in instant ban" under the forum rules. Piracy, linking to warez, linking to porn, persistent harassment of a racial/sexual/religious nature 1
and so forth.
2. As a last resort, when a player refuses to comply with a reasonable request to desist in breaking the rules2
3. As a last resort, if a player shows persistent rule breaking behavior over a period of time 3
Warnings may or may not be issued depending on the situation. Example: If you are linking to warez or porn, you may not be given a warning as this carries a legal risk for TaleWorlds.
Offenses warranting a kick:
1. Unsportsman-like behavior. This includes but is not limited to: offensive language, obstructing or griefing players, spamming the chat channel, spamming polls, exploiting bugs or similar for an advantage, etc.
2. As a warning, if a player has committed an offense which would usually result in a ban but they are given benefit of the doubt.
3. Harassment via either in game actions or chat of any individual player or group of players. This covers arguing with an admin, deliberately targeting other players with verbal attacks, and similar behavior.
4. Glitching, whether deliberate or not. If for example a player becomes invisible, gets stuck on scenery or whatever, feel free to kick them if they cannot sort it out themselves.
5. AFK. If a player looks to be AFK then a kick will soon reveal if there's any sign of life.1
Key word here is persistent. A bunch of kids calling each other Teh Gay does not constitute harassment, though they may be warned if other players complain about it. Someone joining the server with the name AdolfHitler who proceeds to repeatedly spam the chat with "Jews are teh Untermensch" on the other hand will be banned forthwith.2
Not just "quit being a dick" "no" "BAN". This should mainly be a case of "what you just did should be an instant ban, but I'll give you a second chance," not an ultimatum.3
i.e. As we've had in the past where players have repeatedly and persistently been the cause of problems such that it's easier to simply remove them than be forced to deal with their crap. FF's founding members spring to mind.
Please enjoy your stay.Modified from Archonsod's server admin guidelines.Complaint form
If you wish to report an incident on an official TaleWorlds game server that you feel should be investigated by an administrator, please fill out the following form and send it via PM to an admin (or a few admins) who are in the same geographical region as the server upon which you experienced the incident (EU reports to EU admins, US reports to US admins).
Server: (Example: US_S3_Manual_Block)
Time: (Example: February 29th 20:00 GMT, or 3 PM Eastern Time)
Incident: (Example: A player named ASDASD was team-killing and left the server to avoid ban polls)
That is all of the information necessary for an admin to investigate your issue. Please make sure to provide as much of the information as possible. What is absolutely essential is the server name and a description of the incident. The time can be given as a range, and at the very least we require the date.
A list of the admins and their locations is given below. Please make sure you send a PM to an appropriate admin (EU reports to EU admins, US reports to US admins).EU BasedUS Based
If your problem did not occur on a US_S# or EU_S# server, then please do not submit a report to these admins. They are usually unable to help with issues that arise on privately owned servers. Please direct any complaints you have towards the owner of the private server you were playing on at the time of the incident. Individual owners may respond differently to your complaint.