Dawn of Fantasy

Users who are viewing this thread

Kire

Recruit
While i was looking on internet i found this game -Dawn of Fantasy. Its MMORTS. It has persistent world, massive battles, city building, economy, see battles, magic, very beautiful wold map =P and much much more. You can play as orc, human or elf and all are very distinct. As reading and seeing on forums it has also very epic gameplay (as had age of empires 2 for its time=)). Dont forget also that map has weather, day/night and even seasons. If you dont want to play online you could also play offline (also some nice skirmish, siege defense/attack .....).

What do you think ppl about this game?=) New era of RTS games came? Well meanwhile we are waiting for warband (if not in beta=P) you can check it out or just give your opinion, if not for Dof  than at least what do you think about MMORTS games.

Edit:removed stuff so it will be less advertlike

Well i think it is an awesome game and would like to hear what other ppl here think ... since also M&B was/is revolutionary. With description i tried to also impress readers like i am =) and to know more about it from start before posting. Would be also advertising if i would post what do you think about x movie? Sure if you dont like description i can only leave link to that site...
And isnt this offtopic, not M&B related forum? At least i am not offering you to buy it or showing where to buy it tho... Beside hearing other opinions is bad?

Until they come up with a better name than "Dawn of Fantasy" they can **** off. I mean it's bad enough they stick with the over-used cliche Elf/Orc/Human types (reckon Dwarves will be in the expansion?) but to then pick the most generic and dull name they could think of is just plain stupid.

I can just imagine the marketing tagline
"Yes, it's another bland Warcraft rip off, but look, we have prettier shinies and persistent online play!".

The dwarf featureing sequel will ineviably be named Dawn of Fantasy: Age of _____ or The Awakening. Dominions three was the only good "Awakening" thing ever to bear that name.

You often can judge a book by its cover. When I hear about movie like "Ninja Assassin" or "The Occurencing" I wonder how creative the writers must be.

Saw this baby back in 2007, not sure how I found it. Rediscovered it after forgetting the name a few months ago.

Anyway, not that I think it looks good. I was quite impressed 3 years ago, but that was before ever owning a PC.

Kire said:
since also M&B was/is revolutionary.

Are you implying that this game is somehow revolutionary?
Because I got the impression (before posting) that this game is an RTS (just like all other RTS') which you can either play online or play on singleplayer.
And in fact the most revolutionary things are night - day, weather and season cycles. Which are at this point as unique as real-time weapon change.

Kire said:
With description i tried to also impress readers like i am

Readers like you? I don't think many of those who register to advertise read other topics.
Hell as much as I know or care (for that matter) you might be a robot or an artificial intelligence who uses all it's time registering on different boards and advertising a mediocre looking more or less indie mmoprg that no one has heard of, thus having no time to read absolutely nothing.

Kire said:
and to know more about it from start before posting.

That's what a description is, unfortunately posting a thread looks like advertising when it's about a certain product and it happens to be your first and only post..

Wtf Kire... I mean, you've already been called out twice so far, but wtf? Your an elite on the Reverie Forums, not some dumb ass newbie forum go-er there, and this is **** pulled by people who are new to a forum and trying to show their balls off. Don't you read the conduct codes on forums?

Devercia said:
The dwarf featureing sequel will ineviably be named Dawn of Fantasy: Age of _____ or The Awakening. Dominions three was the only good "Awakening" thing ever to bear that name.

You often can judge a book by its cover. When I hear about movie like "Ninja Assassin" or "The Occurencing" I wonder how creative the writers must be.

Hey, I take offense to that! Ninja Assassin was pretty good. This doesn't look entertaining at all.

ash12181987 said:
Wtf Kire... I mean, you've already been called out twice so far, but wtf? Your an elite on the Reverie Forums, not some dumb ass newbie forum go-er there, and this is **** pulled by people who are new to a forum and trying to show their balls off. Don't you read the conduct codes on forums?

Well i apologise to make an advertlike tread, it was not intended to be that and i guess i had different opinions what is advertising on forums. I got my lesson and it will never happen again on other games forums. And yes i read rulles on forum but didnt found anything that would be against my post. And i thought it wouldnt be rude since this one is totally different from m&b and tho irrelevant to each other.
And i know if for example someone is fps fan dont like than usually rts and vice versa, so was thinking it would be nice to hear opinion from the other side and i dont troll all forums on the earth with this tho ... i play m&b trial for a long time and watch forums specially now that warband is coming and also some good mods.
I will also change my first post so it will be less like advert. And sorry for big pictures, didnt know how to make them smaller.

And if you say it suck it would be nice to hear what part you dont like or do you know any better like this games or you are just not rts fan?

And to the Radalan: MMO comes when you are put in world together with other players and all you do is persistent, dont think you have that on online skirmishes =).

Back
Top Bottom