[suggestion] New Desert Terrain to cause fatigue/combat decrease

Users who are viewing this thread

Stratigos001

Sergeant
I think that there should be a speed or damage effect for melee in hot climates with heavy armour in the desert maps. This would balance more light infantry units (Rhodoks). I don't think this should be in the Privy Council because it might spoil it for those non-Warband testers. (Desert enviroment = foreign people) This could also apply to cold climates. Watch out Looters in Vaegir Territory!

But a weather related fatigue system would be great- maybe with a stamina bar that affects speed of attack and running.  :twisted: that would make this terribly addictive and realistic !

:eek:
thread_necromancer.png

I agree on this, and casualtie to weather are called attrition. Have you ever played Napoleon: Total War? If you do, then during winter time when your troops were in Russia or over the Alps then they will take casualties of winter attrition, or in the Egyptian desert during summer, they take deset attrition.

aboulutley, and there could be 2 attrition systems. Like when you have an army of nords or vaegirs invading the sarranids, the battle map should automatically cause some soldiers to die off, and when fighting, have them be lazy :smile:

I'd add a painful negative moral modifier at harsh environment like taiga and desert (like 20 points every day unless resting in a city or castle for a day).

This would not go for the original faction. (Sarranids for desert, Vaegirs for taiga) Nords would suffer only the half or 1/3 of the winter modifier, and same would go for Khergits in the desert. Swadians and Rhodoks - not your lucky day, you don't get anything this time! :smile:

Kerecsen said:
I'd add a painful negative moral modifier at harsh environment like taiga and desert (like 20 points every day unless resting in a city or castle for a day).

This would not go for the original faction. (Sarranids for desert, Vaegirs for taiga) Nords would suffer only the half or 1/3 of the winter modifier, and same would go for Khergits in the desert. Swadians and Rhodoks - not your lucky day, you don't get anything this time! :smile:
agreed in 100% :smile:

and if it doesn't work with original factions they would be put to advantage. and i don't think other lords have morale...

Back
Top Bottom