Author Topic: [SoT] Bug Reports & List of Bugs  (Read 12052 times)

Kyle Aaron

• Regular
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
Re: Bug Reports & List of Bugs
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2010, 11:54:12 AM »
I got the "Unable to lock vertex buffer " error while i was battling my way to conquer a castle. I reckon its because of texture sizes or something similar.
I get that on loadup, can't play at all, just like Astorionar :(

Russik

• Sergeant Knight at Arms
  • I spraech Retardet Engrish
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegir
  • MP nick: Ruslan
  • WB
Re: Bug Reports
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2010, 05:13:58 PM »
when you are making a new char i get 4 or 5 errors

http://img8.imageshack.us/i/mb4b.png/
Its nothing. Happens for me too.

Morcant

• View Profile
    • Letavia
  • Faction: Nord
  • WB
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2010, 09:34:38 PM »
More bug/issues/suggestions:
- an option to disable shield bash and javelin switch would be welcome, both are theorically excellent ideas but ingame are not portrayed in a realistic way, and cause issues. It's quite frustrating when getting bashed by an ally in a melee fight...
- most spears are too long, as it have been noticed recently. I think it could be good to have short spear (around 1m to 1m60), spears (1m80, 2m max) and longspears (more that 2meters), longspears could eventually only be held with both hands
- seax scabbard disappears when the seax is taken out from it
- more barelegged Picts and Gaels (especially) would be welcome
- there is a bit of a ditch between the various legwraps and shoes in terms of protection, some bringing nothing and some bringing up to +15 protection, I think all should bring between 5 (for very bad quality) and 12 (for upper quality) with no real distinction between the 3 sorts/models
- avar helmet (could be renamed to lamellar helmet) is seen nothing ingame, maybe it could appear as a very rare item (maybe it is so currently...) or only with NPCs such as the Wisigothic one
- leather-covered round shield (ingame name simple shield I think) could be seen more often among professional gaelic troops (Cliarthari and upper)
- germanic elite could be equipped with leather boots
- loot could be more balanced with more variety. I once looted 20 shields after killing only 12 Aulue...

To remove: chain vest, arming cap

Antonius Block

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2010, 01:20:00 AM »
  • I'm getting the 1677 error periodically throughout gameplay, but it doesn't crash the game.
  • The hare meat seems to be inedible.  Also, the beer is "inedible" (ha).  If mead can be used as rations, it stands to reason that beer would as well.
  • Some of the banners that are rotated don't work well.  The red Chi-Rho on a white field used for one of the lords of the alcluyd (sic) particularly sticks out like a sore thumb.

I'm loving the release so far; I think I have devoted more time to it than any other mod!  I'm looking forward to the next release.

Adorno

• Grandmaster Knight
  • I am not an animal!
    • YouTube - Adorno1
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: Adorno
  • M&BWBNW
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2010, 09:41:02 AM »
The classic bug: villagers travelling to 'player' (= Adore) :)

(click to show/hide)

Antonius Block

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2010, 07:47:16 PM »
I noticed a couple of more things that fall into a grayish bug-like category:
  • The Gaelic Crested Helmet looks awesome; it probably is my favorite new item, but unfortunately wearing it makes it exceedingly difficult for the player to aim effectively for ranged weapons.  I'm not sure if anything can be done about this without changing the model, which would be a shame, but I wanted to bring it up.
  • I know that the map will be changed in upcoming releases, but I wanted to bring attention to the Firth of Forth area, as numerous parties get perpetually stuck in the water (I've found that if you can reach them, sometimes battles will knock them out of the stuck area).  Currently half of Goddodin's forces are caught on the corners in my game and it makes it difficult to defeat the saxon hordes.

Morcant

• View Profile
    • Letavia
  • WB
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2010, 08:04:32 PM »
The Gaelic Crested Helmet looks awesome; it probably is my favorite new item, but unfortunately wearing it makes it exceedingly difficult for the player to aim effectively for ranged weapons.  I'm not sure if anything can be done about this without changing the model, which would be a shame, but I wanted to bring it up.

Actually it's going to be replaced by more accurate models  :roll:

Antonius Block

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2010, 08:44:04 PM »
The Gaelic Crested Helmet looks awesome; it probably is my favorite new item, but unfortunately wearing it makes it exceedingly difficult for the player to aim effectively for ranged weapons.  I'm not sure if anything can be done about this without changing the model, which would be a shame, but I wanted to bring it up.

Actually it's going to be replaced by more accurate models  :roll:

Oh well, sorry I like it then ;)

I also just realized that it isn't a problem if you switch into first person mode,  that's what happens when you are  operating under sleep deprivation :?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 08:50:08 PM by Antonius Block »

warrior_Lv

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2010, 11:52:23 AM »
hi i have some bugs with my sound and when i create a charater thera are some messeges that is somthing missing and my sound all time are lagging or somthing.what i need to do?
90% of teens today would die if myspace or facebook had a system failure. If you are one of the 10% that would sit and laugh copy this to your signature.
92% precent of teens today have moved on to rap. If you are one of the 8% that still rock out copy this to your signature.

warrior_Lv

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Bug Reports
« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2010, 11:55:24 AM »
Backspace command doesent work. Your party can cross the river without a bridge :).  Tempered spatha doesent appear at your side in inventory window. Briton shield in HUGE! new shields on back are in wrong places.
Dont know is this a bug but while fighting there are some purple things flying around and enemy is changing colour of his armor.
i got this too
90% of teens today would die if myspace or facebook had a system failure. If you are one of the 10% that would sit and laugh copy this to your signature.
92% precent of teens today have moved on to rap. If you are one of the 8% that still rock out copy this to your signature.

RETURNTORUN

• Recruit
  • Nothing better than a Khergit Ambush XD
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Khergit
« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2010, 01:56:32 AM »

Song of Taliesin is my first report bug and post in the taleworld forum, feel so proud.
Well, let's get to it then.    :D
I have started the game just yesterday and within half an hour I found some buggies.
And obvious one is the ability to cross river waters without a bridge at all.

Some invalid Map icon, and some resizing or reshaping of that image on the 2nd image.

Well..... at least it wasn't the nude mod XD. The lords need clothing obviously

Errrmmm... what size would you prefer the images to be anyways?

warrior_Lv

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2010, 10:03:51 AM »

Song of Taliesin is my first report bug and post in the taleworld forum, feel so proud.
Well, let's get to it then.    :D
I have started the game just yesterday and within half an hour I found some buggies.
And obvious one is the ability to cross river waters without a bridge at all.

Some invalid Map icon, and some resizing or reshaping of that image on the 2nd image.

Well..... at least it wasn't the nude mod XD. The lords need clothing obviously

Errrmmm... what size would you prefer the images to be anyways?

i got same bugs :D

RETURNTORUN

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2010, 11:11:05 AM »
I forgot to mention something...
instead of chiefs could you replace it by chieftains?

Somehow I feel I have to review my history on where the saxons invaded britain =.='

Bailian

• Sergeant at Arms
  • Kneel, you ignorant bastards
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rhodok
  • MP nick: Ryann
  • M&B
« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2010, 11:06:28 PM »
hey guys, whenever i try downloading this mod the download 'times out' near the end and just stops, any ideas why? thankyou

RETURNTORUN

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2010, 02:09:14 AM »
Highly depends what browser you're using. In Google Chrome that tends to happen a lot, currently using internet explorer to handle all my downloads. Be sure to have a program that can extract the files. When you add a new mod you need to go into the Mount&Blade folder --> Mod
simply extract the the whole junk in the mod folder, it should make a folder for itself automatically.
When adding patches, simply extract it in its respectable mod folder.
Be sure to read the details in patches, some of them may ask you to insert things in specific folders within a mod's folder.

I hope this covered your question and any questions that could follow that one.
Next time please post something like that in it's respectable part of the forum, which isn't really the bug report.