Author Topic: New News of Note  (Read 7436 times)

Berserker Pride

• Fearless Scripter of the Berserk Mod
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegir
  • MP nick: CoR_Berserker
  • WB
Re: New News of Note
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2009, 05:09:42 AM »
I am almost done with that code.  You automatically have a slightly different troop tree depending on which starting character you are.  Gutts is definitely sword heavy but the infantry are switched out for bakiraka trainee's leading up to the fearsome Iron Assassin.(Silat's bodyguards) if you aren't Gutts.  Lords take your flag and properly get troops as well.  It should make the endgame more interesting trying to keep your men alive.
I have some picks of the Iron Assassin on the screenshots thread.  So now I just have to tweak a couple things.  Release should be soon.

EDIT:Expect the bigger and badder bosses and monsters to have up to a thousand health in the new patch.  I have tweaked regeneration to be lower to account for this.  This also allows me to reduce boss armor so that more than the dragonslayer can damage them.  I can't wait for the Zodd is overpowered thread.   Previously even with almost 300 health the good old DS could take out even the ogre or Grunbeld in two swings.  But this also makes mobbing enemies a viable tactic again.  I don't know how many of you have faced cyclops yet but previously they were almost invulnerable to weapon damage besides their head.  Now mobbing them will work although slowly.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 05:26:21 AM by Berserker Pride »

Danny-Q

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
  • M&BWB
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2009, 01:39:41 PM »
That's good to hear, the fact that even having all your troops swarm some random gribbly would be totally ineffective was a bit much.

dulahan

• Squire
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Khergit
  • M&BWBWF&S
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2009, 05:12:45 AM »
Very, very much looking forward to the new patch!  Between this and some of the other stuff you've hinted at it's getting hard to play the current version out of excitement. 

I'm especially looking forward to some playable campaigns for the non-Gutts characters. 

Keep up the awesome work!  And keep us informed on that next patch's progress! ;)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 06:04:29 AM by dulahan »

dzorro

• Knight at Arms
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2009, 01:35:57 PM »
Holy, kingdom management on an already great mod.  :mrgreen: Can't wait for the new version.  :shock:

Berserker Pride

• View Profile
  • WB
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2009, 01:23:29 AM »
New version will have Gutts Kingdom appear when you play as a regular guy. 
I am done adding new heroes.  Their method of joining you will change in 1.00 but for now it works as it should.  Kingdom management is working great.  Now just need to add Gutts kingdom troops to fill out faction 8.  Be warned Gutts will now be a king and will still never lose in autocalc.  Cause he is Gutts.  I'll probably chuck him like 500 strength too.

MorrisB

• Knight
  • Loremaster of SOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2009, 08:41:49 AM »
Huh, the Branded Kingdom will surely be badass... one big reason to give up becoming an Apostle. After all, who wouldn't like an allied king who never loses ? :P On the other hand, what if Guts declares war on the Apostle Player's kingdom ? Can he be defeated only in a fair battle, or do you plan to add a quickbattle ? I also fear that the "never loses autocalc" makes things imbalanced - after all, Guts won't be alone this time, but rather leading a whole army of professionals... though maybe you know better.
"I am the chronicler. I shall record your adventures in my book of legends. Tell me of your deeds."

Berserker Pride

• View Profile
  • WB
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2009, 09:07:22 AM »
You will still be able to beat him in a proper battle.  Maybe I will tweak it so that he merely has a huge advantage.  Also the rest of his armies will be at a disadvantage to Griffith and beast armies in autocalc so Gutts himself will probably get outnumbered a lot.  I'm not sure I could tweak it so that Gutts has three times strength in autocalc or something.  The Gutts you find early on and the Gutts who leads a kingdom are actually different troops so I can set the autocalc advantage to be different for each.  Also I had a thought.  I knew I wanted a Gutts kingdom to appear but wasn't sure if the same would happen if you played as Gutts.  I can't think of anyone better to lead a separate rebel kingdom than Theresa herself.  She won't be in the upcoming version but it would be cool if she started a rebel kingdom after meeting Gutts for the second time.  You could of course just conquer her after that but it wouldn't be impossible to create an alliance with her.  Even if only a temporary one :wink:.
In 1.00 Gutts will declare war on you if you are an apostle.  This will create a cool situation of three (or four if you count Kushan) powerful enemies tearing the regular kingdoms to pieces.  Good luck surviving that massacre.

EDIT:Ok good thing you mentioned that when you did I hadn't actually set the autocalc advantage yet.  It is set now at 5x.

EDIT:New news that you will all be glad to hear about.  I am currently packaging the mod for release.  This will not take long.  Consider it an early christmas!
Also check out the screenshot thread for a little sample of what is in store.  A lot of changes in this next patch.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 02:53:38 AM by Berserker Pride »

dulahan

• Squire
    • View Profile
  • M&BWBWF&S
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2009, 04:51:24 AM »
What does Packaging it mean?  Like, in the next hour or two?  Or a bit longer of a process?  (And how much of what you've spoken of made it in?  Going Apostle?  Going Struggler?  Kingdom Management?  New Companions?)

Berserker Pride

• View Profile
  • WB
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2009, 09:31:49 AM »
Everything is in but becoming an apostle and the endgame quest for non-Gutts.  Kingdom Management is complete and has full functioning troop trees.   About 34 new companions spread over both quests.  Should be about 20 for each as Gutts also has serpico and the gang.  I also added custom commander, new ai behavior in formations(thanks to thrakkenmarn.)  A lot of the companions will wield unique weapons so feel free to jack them.  I'll try to come up with a more nuanced way to get you special weapons in the Glorious version 1.00(this is going to be .97)

dulahan

• Squire
    • View Profile
  • M&BWBWF&S
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2009, 06:12:39 PM »
Presuming it's not being uploaded as we speak or too late...

Any chance you could go with the 'companions give you a duplicate' of their unique weapon option you'd once bandied? 

Or are there any unique weapons yet for non-Gutts outside of the companions?

Berserker Pride

• View Profile
  • WB
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2009, 07:14:50 PM »
Well you do receive a revolving five shot crossbow from Dasharon when he joins up.  But you know the way I see it you are only going to steal a weapon from one of them as non-Gutts.  I will get a better way to get all the unique weapons ingame in 1.00 but for now at least there are a ton of new powerful weapons.
Mod isn't being uploaded yet I am running through it one more time today then uploading.

dulahan

• Squire
    • View Profile
  • M&BWBWF&S
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2009, 07:22:11 PM »
Crossbow sounds awesome enough.   ;)

Oh!  Did you do something with Knightly orders too?  I remember suggesting that and it being rather positively considered. 

Regardless, really looking forward to this, and praying my laptop can handle M&B while I'm back home for the holidays.  ;)

Berserker Pride

• View Profile
  • WB
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2009, 07:37:19 PM »
No knightly orders yet.  Refresh my memory on how the suggestion went to include them.

dzorro

• Knight at Arms
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2009, 07:58:20 PM »
The new option looks mind boggling. We will need new tactics very soon. :mrgreen: The new companions when thy become lords they don't rebel against the player do they ??

Berserker Pride

• View Profile
  • WB
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2009, 08:08:59 PM »
No not yet.  Although when I include an option to become an apostle expect half your lords to jump ship to Gutt's kingdom immediately.  Along with all their fiefs haha.
Should be a fun time for a while hunting down the traitors and retaking your territories.