Users who are viewing this thread

This is just too unreadable for me. Don't use Caps Lock except for the beginning of sentences and personal names. And second what amade said. For my texturing tutorial I used different fonts, font sizes, screenshots and spoilers.

I'm very sorry about this, but were can I find ItemEditor, version 1.0.0.0?
I've already tried looking for it but was unsuccessful.
Could someone hand me a link to the forum topic, or maybe download perhaps?

My texture just ends up as a White and grey-blue route field...
And how do i change the Module to work on on OpenBRF?

ninjabojk said:
My texture just ends up as a White and grey-blue route field...

Under the settings menu there's an analysis tool which will tell you why your texture isn't showing up.
Also, openBRF only reads DXT1, DXT3 and DXT5 DDS formats. Though other formats have been known to work in M&B, so even if you can't see it in openBRF it'll probably still be viewable in game (provided you referenced them correctly of course).

ninjabojk said:
And how do i change the Module to work on on OpenBRF?

I don't understand what you mean here.

I don't understand what you mean here.
Well in the Right corner it say    "Module:Native" that means that it works with the Native module, and i want to change it to my own mod, if that is any help. I remember i was able to do this in BRFEdit

That's easy, just load a BRF from your mod's resource folder. The BRF must contain in the resource folder and the module.ini of that mod must list the BRF in its module.ini. openBRF will read the module.ini and determine which other BRFs are used by that mod as well.

TY so muchhh!!! I shouted like crazy!
Finally,I've seen my sword! And it's in my character'hand,not in Wing3D.

Anyway,my character seems to be a superman, he can swing a sword as big as a tree. :cry: Wrong .obj size,guess so :oops:

TY!

EB can you do a tutorial on how to make swords with sheaths?  So that when you draw the sword from the sheath the sheath stays and doesn't disappear. 

Would be cool if you could do a tutorial on how to animate things as well.

EvolutiveBrain said:
Teala said:
EB can you do a tutorial on how to make swords with sheaths?  So that when you draw the sword from the sheath the sheath stays and doesn't disappear. 

Would be cool if you could do a tutorial on how to animate things as well.

Here's an overview of how you can do it, I may do a video of course, but this will give you and overall idea of how things work:

You do both things separately, on Wings 3D, first you do the sword, then the sheaths (the scabbard).
After that just compare both items to ones from the game for proper alignment.
Then create both textures(.dds) and save this textures on the "Textures" folder of the mod you want the sword to be.
crusader_sword.jpg

Now you'll go to OpenBrf, and import both meshes(sword, and scabbard)
Then import the two textures(.dds) to OpenBrf, and then create the two "materials" and Diffuse the two textures to them, and assign this two "materials" to the two "meshes"
Save the file, and close it.

Open ItemEditor and open "items_kinds1", and select a sword that uses a scabbard on the game, like for example the "Nordic Sword", just copy it to the end of the list, edit the names accordingly to your sword mesh (then on that same place, change the name of that scabbard to the one you have for your sword). Then save the file, and close it.

After that you'll see the sword on the merchants, just buy it , and that's all.
Your sword will appear on game inside of the sheaths, then when you grab your sword the sheaths will stay right on position as it's supposed do do, and the sword can be putted right back if you want as it's also supposed to work.

That's not how it's done. What he needs to do is vertex animate the scabbard so that it displays the scabbard wit and without the sword properly. When the agent sheathes the sword the sword mesh simply disappears while the scabbard "pops out" a hilt. The hilt itself actually scales from inside the scabbard.

Al_Mansur said:
Is there someone who knows how to put our own buildings in the game ? The items editor is not to do that.

Answer lies in module_scene_props.py and using the in-game scene editor.

ninjabojk said:
how do i make the item show up in the ModuleSystem python thing?
You must use the module system to make the item. If youuse the item editor or manually edit the .txt files you won't have it in the module system.
Open module_items.py, find an item similar to the one you're making, copy it to the end of the list BEFORE the final bracket (this is the final bracket, it's in the bottom of the file - ] ), change the values and compile. An if you want it to show up (in shops), make sure it's got the tag "itp_merchandise"*

*If you don't understand, I've got a link in my sig that can help you.

By the way, this tutorial is very nice now. Good job, EvolutiveBrain.

EvolutiveBrain said:
Lumos said:
By the way, this tutorial is very nice now. Good job, EvolutiveBrain.
Thanks for your comment, I appreciate it a lot. And thanks for helping to solve other user questions.
I took sometime to fix the tutorial, and it may still need some adjustments. But it does the work so far. Now I'm doing a "Sword with a working scabbard to the game" tutorial. Will post it today during the late hours of the night (maybe earlier). And along with that tutorial, I'll post a pack for download, it is the "EB_swords_and_scabbards" pack. So check it out later. And thanks again, it's an honor.

Thanks to all those who leave comments, asking or solving questions, kudos to all!
That's awesome, as I'm making the items for my mod and another OSP pack will be cool. I'll definitely check it out.

Back
Top Bottom