Polished Landscapes - Mipmap Mod 2 [Test version released]

Users who are viewing this thread

gutekfiutek

Knight at Arms
Test version: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,87617.0.html

Hi all.
Some time ago I've done this:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,37173.0.html

That mod is not fully compatible with new M&B versions, Fei Dao asked me to fix this, I even started to do thiis, but finally I started new mod instead:smile:
I need to leave buildings for some time... I'm little bored with architecture.
Its still just beginning, but I think I can share few screenies:grin:

It's my old idea to make landscapes in early spring/late autumn, so there can be some snow patches and some green plants on one level.
This mean also that I can have leafless trees, or not very dense canopies. So there will be lot of sunlight on the ground, makes it look more interesting (no more flat shadows whenever there is any tree).
This mod will modify ground textures, tree textures, and tree models.
I will replace single trees with tree "clusters", it looks better, and forests look veeery dense sometimes.
There was flora relacement pack, but those trees have too many polys for M&B engine, I'm trying to make my trees have reasonable polycount, so small forest won't kill most of your pc's:smile:
There will be less difference between  different terrain types, all of them will have some snow.
I also will try to make several very different tree types - so whole forests  will feel differend (now i have only 3 types of forests - birch, wcker and very rough pine forest)

This will be totally different from Zaro's texture mod, it will be desaturated, dirty etc.

This mod will probably modify gameplay - I can imagine that infantry hidden between dense trees will be quite safe - suffering less from archer fire or cavalry charge.

It's quite nice when you charge through snowy field, few second later fight in the middle of grassy field and end battle killing enemies on sandy piece of land:smile:

I have several ideas for this mod, need to see what I will be able to do. Probably some water, maybe fog near thr ground, or insects...

So here are few screens (note that it's only 2 day's work, I can name it "sketch")

Wicker/hazel forest

0153168.jpg

363309.jpg

Birch forest

0779d.jpg

04142.jpg

029ff.jpg

4092.jpg

00875.jpg

Pine forest:

598e.jpg

0904y.jpg

0600.jpg

Here you can see effect of sunlight passing almost leafless trees:

005764.jpg

I think that characters blend nicely into this type of environment, like they are "properly dressed" finally:grin:

018124126.jpg

4735r.jpg

010lu.jpg

12107.jpg

Once again you did wonderful job!

:shock:

I love the new flora. I also like the idea of decreasing polies to minimum.

PS: Zajebiste brzozy! :razz:

:shock:

What next? Polished Mount&Blade is only option left :grin:

But seriously: Outstanding, marvelous, awesome, beautiful (give me few minutes with Google translator...)

Za**biste po prostu :grin:

I widać że mamy tu sporo Polaków.  :smile:

Gutek, masz u mnie napój alkoholowy. W piwnicy mam chyba żubrówkę i wyborową. Znajdzie się też parę win.

Rath0s said:
Wtf, it looks like you were just outside and took a picture with a camera, Amazing work again gutekfiutek.  :mrgreen:
Yah, the third one is specially remarkable for that. Also, maybe you can make your own version of zaro's work? (I think this dirty, decadent setting more charming for medieval times)

Do not look here said:
One important question...

How it work? Cause on my outstanding machine it will be surely laggy with 100 battlesize :wink:

Read the first post:

"There was flora relacement pack, but those trees have too many polys for M&B engine, I'm trying to make my trees have reasonable polycount, so small forest won't kill most of your pc's:smile:"

Slawomir of Aaarrghh said:
No way! It's not M&B! I won't belive that!...

Maaaaan, that's soooo beautiful! You're amazing.

:lol:

Do not look here said:
One important question...

How it work? Cause on my outstanding machine it will be surely laggy with 100 battlesize :wink:
Elh parl akt ih vorq tan gen qato em nurtl PC.

Woot, self made bull**** language (no, I didn't just slam the keyboard. I actually though the words out) FTW. I meant that he said it's gonna impact the system just as much as Zaro's GE or something like that

Ninja'd

Ambalon said:
I meant that he said it's gonna impact the system just as much as Zaro's GE or something like that

Not exactly - I won't make bigger texture resolution, maybe I will even throw away some textures:smile:
We'll see.

Colonel_Ryan said:
will it do effects in the map maker like Zaros graphic mod did?

What do you mean?
If map will also change?
Probably, but now Im focusing on battle maps.

gutekfiutek said:
Ambalon said:
I meant that he said it's gonna impact the system just as much as Zaro's GE or something like that

Not exactly - I won't make bigger texture resolution, maybe I will even throw away some textures:smile:
We'll see.
All the better then.  :wink:

gutekfiutek said:
Ambalon said:

We'll see.

Colonel_Ryan said:
will it do effects in the map maker like Zaros graphic mod did?

What do you mean?
If map will also change?
Probably, but now Im focusing on battle maps.

I think that he meant working with map editor

Holy **** man. When the first picture was loading, I'm thinking "Why is he posting a real picture?"

Then I'm like "Ooh... Damn nice graphics."

Back
Top Bottom