Author Topic: Consolidated Brainstorm list for Future SoD Versions  (Read 28024 times)

saiyanwarrior

• Recruit
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nord
Re: Consolidated Brainstorm list for Future SoD Versions
« Reply #195 on: July 06, 2011, 12:49:07 PM »
How about giving the native mercs a bit of a boost stat wise and equipment wise with a final unit upgrade, for example merc cav become, free knights, sword sisters become sister superiors, hired blades, become great/master blades and merc sharp shooters become merc snipers, obviosuly these are names I've just come up with on the fly but as cheap and easy fodder the native mercs are the best I've found.

AntiChrono

• Veteran
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
  • M&B
« Reply #196 on: July 07, 2011, 04:50:25 PM »
Sword of Damocles 5.01 Beta - expanding Prisoner capacity

4. Siege Tactics:
iii.
   Deploy a Regiment during Siege Battles—Regiments can be annoying at times. [...snip] And second, when your ladders or tower are ready, click on Party and tell a low level troop to form regiment.  VERY IMPORTANT—this regiment will not join the battle if you start it right away.  You must continue the siege and as quickly as possible click on the castle to go back to siege options.  In the lower left corner of the screen it will tell you in light blue letters that your regiment has joined the battle. Now you can start the battle knowing that you won’t lose any prisoners.  Even if that regiment is killed the prisoners will be in a regiment of zero.  (Maybe in the future you can deploy a regiment in the party screen and it will be in the battle without having to go to the campaign map. Until then always make sure the game tells you they are in the battle.)

Here's another idea, simpler & more elegant : letting us directly modify Leadership bonuses in scripts.txt (where the *%!# is it ?!)

Yes, it's "Leadership", not "Prisoner management", and searches on "Leadership" & "Prisoner" yield a few posts asking for this tweak, which are either met with "use the Search button" or silence.

I'm not sure the "create a 1-man regiment to hold your prisoner overflow" was an intended feature, but definitely a clunky work-around to the Prisoner cap.

Please give a more direct, obvious, & elegant solution to the problem.

Thank you.

Computica

• "Cosmic Kalypso!"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swadian
  • MP nick: Computica
  • M&BWBWF&S
« Reply #197 on: July 08, 2011, 01:11:27 AM »
@AntiChrono :lol: That's pretty funny! The thing about this mod is that it is no longer really supported. When I get the chance I'll go back and make some updates. But I'm not sure when I'll get around to doing that.

"The God you don't believe in does not exist"
"No need for bombs, when hate will do."

AntiChrono

• Veteran
    • View Profile
  • M&B
« Reply #198 on: July 08, 2011, 06:40:53 AM »
@AntiChrono :lol: That's pretty funny! The thing about this mod is that it is no longer really supported. When I get the chance I'll go back and make some updates. But I'm not sure when I'll get around to doing that.

I'm not looking for an update, just the "83rd tweak" to bump up Prisoner capacity [EDIT : in SOD 5.0]...

Thank you
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 09:23:09 AM by AntiChrono »

Migdalin

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 23, 2011, 02:09:39 PM »
When in a town or castle, allow players to upgrade all units that they have the ability to upgrade.  Right now, it's a bit painful having to leave a town and go into camp mode to upgrade various mercinary troops.  If you have permission to upgrade them, then you should be able to upgrade them while in town.  Basically, this just saves having to switch back and forth between "camp -> take an action -> upgrade mercenaries" and "enter town -> go to marketplace -> upgrade troops."

As a nice to have:  allow players to upgrade straight from troops with a + to the next level, without having to manually move + troops to being * troops.  This would alleviate some of the switching back and forth between the Party screen and the camp/town upgrade screens.  It would also remove at least some of the pain of "you have too many different kinds of troops in your army to upgrade these units."

deutrino

• Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: December 25, 2011, 09:43:55 AM »
Just reading the description on this mod send shivers on my spine. There is complicated (wich is fun) and overcomplicated (wich isn't).
Really? Relation with every single village/castle/town, lord, other factions (5 of them), plebs, clergy, global faith, population, nobles, merchants, merc guilds (few of them), edicts, laws....QUESTING for ALL of them to keep relations....WHEN will i play the game???
It seems like QUEST-QUEST-QUEST (to keep relations and upgrade your troops), GRIND-GRIND-GRIND (to make some money for upgrade), FIGHT-FIGHT-FIGHT (to defend your castle/town), BUILD-BUILD-BUILD (to ugrade it)  and then LOSE-LOSE-LOSE everything (when the invasion start). I want to conquer, not to be invaded!
And 25 special units, when I can use only 1? Do I have replay this mod 25 times? 25 times to start again??? Seriously?
By the way - ALL of the invaders units are special, only ONE of main!? And if I want half-ballanced army I need high relations with my neighbours when I fight them AND the invaders??? HOW?

My suggestions/questions are:
1. Can this mod be simplified? Leaving only basic stuffs - merc guilds, cool new troops, new town upgrades... And trowing away all overcomplicated things like religion, propaganda, clergy/nobles sh*ts, ultra-uber-crazy invasion and so on?
2. What is the game which give birgth on all this ideas? May be if I find and play it, I will understand the logic behind everything, and may be will like it?

Best regards, and pleace don't be mad at me.  :D

manekemaan

• Knight at Arms
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegir
  • MP nick: manekemaan
  • WB
« Reply #201 on: December 25, 2011, 10:10:41 AM »
quests? Its absolutely not necesairy to do any quests. They are random events that pop up. You make a decision and continue on your way.

Your troops can be upgraded in an easy way, at any of your castles/towns when you have the right facilities.

Listen... i could go into al of your options but PLS just try to mod first instead of just describing its features in the weirdest way i ever saw. SOD aint that hard...

lord_Nelson

• Regular
  • drop of water
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 29, 2012, 12:25:05 PM »
Can this mod be modified for "mount&blade: with fire and sword"? Because many feature of WFAS are amazing.
Bracing behind the shield and wait for the enemy to charge, or charging onward on your horse with your lance couched is braver?