The Great and Powerful Original Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
well I'm kinda done rigging and the texture needs some overhaul with burn and dodge but when I try to export my mesh from Blender, I get some error saying to check the console... see this:
puckblendererror.png
Im using eierkopf's BRF export.
When I try to export with that old SMD exporter, i get no errors in blender, but in OpenBRF, see this:
OpenBRFerror.png
when I click "ignore" or "retry", it is crashing and "abort" is causing it to simply close.
When i try to import it into BRFEdit, i just get an "empty" mesh (nothing is shown in the preview).

so I didn't have a chance to test it ingame yet... by the way, I'm pretty sure rigging the wings to the feet will look quite odd :razz:
here is a lil preview of pucks body with a somewhat "beta-texture" if you will:
PuckBeta.png
I know I know, almost no details :razz:
I suck at texturing so if anyone else is willing to alter the texture for me, he's welcome to do so :wink:
about the model, its basically the native man_body, less muscular but a lil paunchy :mrgreen:

Percus said:
well I'm kinda done rigging and the texture needs some overhaul with burn and dodge but when I try to export my mesh from Blender, I get some error saying to check the console... see this:
puckblendererror.png
When I try to export with that old SMD exporter, i get no errors in blender, but in OpenBRF, see this:
OpenBRFerror.png
when I click "ignore" or "retry", it is crashing and "abort" is causing it to simply close.
When i try to import it into BRFEdit, i just get an "empty" mesh (nothing is shown in the preview).

so I didn't have a chance to test it ingame yet... by the way, I'm pretty sure rigging the wings to the feet will look quite odd :razz:
PuckBeta.png
I suck at texturing so if anyone else is willing to alter the texture for me, he's welcome to do so :wink:
about the model, its basically the native man_body, less muscular but a lil paunchy :mrgreen:
Paunchy? Do you mean that Puck has a health amount of elf fat?(Not a gut or anything though)

Hmm is the error only happening when you try to rig the feet to the torso?  Puck may eventually need a couple of bones added to his skeleton for his wings.  But that would be for his flying in place animation and a flying somewhere animation.
Its okay if Puck's body isn't superdetailed.  Maybe he would look less muscular if you simply took man_body texture(-pants) and reduced the contrast while upping brightness.  Nice work on the wings by the way.  They look awesome.

Here's another update. I finished texturing the mountains and added some hills and other elevation. I also smoothed out the rivers and lakes, but the rivers still need a lot of work. Mainly so that the width of the rivers match the length of the bridges.

mapeditor20090930235508.jpg

I also managed to add rolling hills without realizing it.

mapeditor20090930235639.jpg

Tomorrow I'm going to sharpen up the mountains so they appear more rocky. Also going to finish up texturing the map. Adding forests, steppes, etc.

Berserker Pride said:
Percus said:
puckblendererror.png

OpenBRFerror.png

PuckBeta.png

Paunchy? Do you mean that Puck has a health amount of elf fat?(Not a gut or anything though)

Hmm is the error only happening when you try to rig the feet to the torso?  Puck may eventually need a couple of bones added to his skeleton for his wings.  But that would be for his flying in place animation and a flying somewhere animation.
Its okay if Puck's body isn't superdetailed.  Maybe he would look less muscular if you simply took man_body texture(-pants) and reduced the contrast while upping brightness.  Nice work on the wings by the way.  They look awesome.
aye, with paunchy (seen this in my dictionary) I meant that he has "a health amount of elf fat", hehe.

I've imported the man_body.smd (rigged + skeleton) into blender and tried to export it again, right away without altering ANYTHING but I still got these errors. No idea what's causing it :sad:

kakihara0513 said:
Honestly I see no problems with that puck texture.  It's not like he has a very detailed body in the manga...
Berserker Pride said:
Exactly.  And he is so small the only time you will see anything but a bright blur is if you pause and go into edit mode.
alright then... I just wish I could somehow make those wings transparent... :razz:

You can.  Textures can be transparent which would make you see through the mesh.  Try turning transparency on your wing texture up and seeing the effect.
EDIT:
Did you assign a basic material to the mesh sorry.

A suggestion to for the new map. Could you make the settlemnt positioning a bit more realistic (than Native for example). By this I mean that villages should be close to their asociated castles and towns. This way we could get a better felling when stumbling in a dark unhospitable wood (with no humans nearby).
But since the map is larger, you could put in some ruins to fill in the larger gaps (that would require custom sceens though). Ideally these ruins would differ (temple, castle, village, town ruins) with custom events (like being attacked by the undead or an apostole) taking place when you visit any of these (and some secret chests or rewards in it).
Aditionally it would be great if the locations of these places yould be hidden UNLESS you discover them yourself or someone tells you about them.
Perhaps you could also make EVERY town, village and castle hidden until discovered by the player or being told by someone (like a traveler) or only their names (and faction) hidden.

Berserker Pride said:
You can.  Textures can be transparent which would make you see through the mesh.  Try turning transparency on your wing texture up and seeing the effect.
EDIT:
Did you assign a basic material to the mesh sorry.
yea, I guess I did that.

are you sure you can have transparency in textures? I mean, I tried it but in Blender it just shows me pucks wings-part to be more pale instead of transparent :razz:

Yes you can, your texture has to have an alpha channel or you can create a texture sheet that'll be used as an alpha map. As for the settings in Blender... well I can't remember right now as I don't have it on this PC atm.

i have a problem that i can only see the modules that use installer not extracted like zip or rar so i cant find it  :cry: so can some 1 copy paste it in messege

I just realized that the black armor in the OP screenshots doesn't look like the actual black armor Guts wears when he gets it.

check page 188 of volume 27, it was my main reference... the armor when Gutts is wearing it for the first time (with that skull and straight "lower-jaw") will just stay like this for a few pages, then the beast within him changes the shape. the only thing we left aside were the gloves, as gutts is mostly not wearing them. (this also applies for the helmet, I know but this helmet just looks too cool, dont you think? :wink: )

skull knight is done as far as modeling and texturing is concerned, damn skinning now

SK5.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom