How to use edit mode

Users who are viewing this thread

Go into windowed mode(either ctrl+enter or alt+enter, just try both) and press ctrl+e. Then press the help button and most of your questions should be answered.

So what's supposed to happen?  Kicked over to windowed mode, hit ctrl+e (even tried using left and right ctrl to see if that made a diff) and got nothing...the only thing i can see edit mode added was a terrain button in the lower left.

My MnB is through steam...does that maybe make edit mode not work or something?

Scene making/ Edit Mode Tutorial - edited by Akselst (originally by Ursca)

How to get to Edit Mode

First, start M&B, and go to 'configure' at the beginning. In the last tab (Advanced), click the tick-box for 'edit mode'.
To set up a blank slate for your scene, go to your M&B folder > Modules. Copy the native folder, paste it and rename it ’My mod scenes' or something.
Start M&B again. Choose the 'My mod scenes' mod (that one you made) from the menu, and click play. Make a quick character and go to any city you like.
Now press alt + enter to go into windowed mode. Press Ctrl + E to open the edit mode window.

You're in!
Your screen should look something like this:

tutorial1.png

I used the 4 ways inn instead

Controls

Click and drag = look around
Right click = Select object
W = forward
A = left
S = back
D = right
F = Up
C = down
B = scale objects
B + X, Y or Z = scale in a specific angle
Ctrl + any movement key = go fast!
Delete = Delete object

Start off by clearing the city objects out of the scene by right clicking them and pressing delete. Do this to everything apart from the the yellow arrows.

Adding an object

In the edit mode window (Windowed - alt - enter)
go to edit objects, in the bottom window (Add object) scroll through the list to find an object you would like to place in the scene. We'll choose a bed.
Click the name, and click add object
It should look like this now: 

tutorial2.png

To move the object, hold 'G' and move to mouse to move it on a horizontal plane. Hold 'T' and move to move it vertically.
holding z, x or y and dragging will rotate the object round the respective axis.

Example:

tutorial3.png

To deselect the object, right click off it. If you want to select an object to move, right click it.

Painting the ground texture

Click 'ground paint'. choose a ground texture from the drop-down menu.
Radius changes the size of the 'brush'
Weight changes the opacity of the brush
Hardness changes the softness of the edges of the brush

I would suggest painting most of the ground in the 'village' and dirt textures. Basically everything apart from snow, dried grass and a little normal grass.

I painted it all in village first…

tutorial4.png

Then turned the hardness down to 0 and the weight to 0.25 and added some dirt and path texture:

tutorial4.png

That should be all you need to start on your town editing. If you want to place buildings where people are standing, simply move their arrow to somewhere in the middle and place the object over them.
When you're finished editing, press Ctrl + E to exit and save changes. If you want to test the scene, I'd recommend leaving the town and reentering. That will put all the collision meshes in place.

Contributors: MartinF :wink:

This is the tutorial on how to do scene making.

If anyone wants to do this work for our mod, please contact us!

I am having a small problem with spawn points in the edit mode. If I encounter bandits in naval combat in my mod, then they spawn at the back of the map instead of the meant spawn points on a ship. Can you help me?

And a good tutorial btw.

epsion said:
i think this should be pinned  :smile:

If so not here, this is wrong board for this thread!

This should be moved to The Forge - Mod Development, it has nothing to do with mod projects!

And no prob to everybody!  :smile:

Back
Top Bottom