The land of Arkanay
in the south-east of Khergit Khanate. There is the land called Arkanay.
There are a 4 major kingdoms in this land namely Hongshawadee, Rattanakorn, Sindthu and Malaska. There is a long history of hostility in this land. There a wars between Rattanakorn and Hongshawadee and others against foreign powers.The War of Pale Elephants
Date - 1512
Location - Rattanakorn, Arkanay
- Kingdom of Hongshawadee and its vassals
- Ramann Thesa
- Tongroo Thesa
- Angon Thesa
- Kingdom of Rattanakorn
- Northern Marches led by Song Kwae
Results - Song Kwae change its diplomatic politic from pro-Rattana to pro-Hongsha.
- Rattanakorn's surrender. Hongshawadee demand five pale elephants from Rattanakorn as a tribute.
- With the loss of pale elephants. Rattana's morale is decreased.
In the year 1512. Hongshawadee under the rule of King Rashinnaung who's trading with Haelmarian for importing firearms to his country, started to invade and conquer neighboured minor kingdoms as a vassal. After the conquest is done. Rashinnaung decided to invade Rattanakorn by using a large army. Rattana Army with Laurian and Sarranid mercenaries are fighting together and try to hold out the invasion in the north and the west. But when Hongsha Army has besieged Rattana allied state of Song Kwae. King Thamraja of Song Kwae decided to surrender to Rashinnaung after He doesn't receive any Rattana reinforcement from the Rattana capital. And then Song Kwae can make a seperate peace while Hongshawadee's invade Rattana land. When Hongsha army march and besiege Rattana capital, Ayodaya. Rattana troops and Foreign mercenaries are fought bravely. Hongsha troops cant even get close to the city walls. When the siege is intensified. The King of Rattanakorn. King Maha Chakrapad decide to sue for peace. King Rashinnaung demand that King Maha Chakrapad must give him five pale elephants as a tribute. Rattana king hesitate but decided to give it afterward. After this war. there is only a ten years of peace when Hongshawadee invade Rattanakorn again. Conquer it and make them a vassal for 15 years under the rule of Song Kwae vassal king.
Pictures (from thai movie King Naresuan)
Rattana forces with foreign mercenaries are holding the line against Hongsha advancing troops.
Rattana Mae-thap(Commander) (you can see Sarranid mercenary cavalry in background)
Bermianese mercenaries (in Laurian armor)with charging Hongsha cavalry.
Rattana cavalrymen from Royal Army (most soldiers from Royal army are wore Laurian armor)
- Arkanay is based on South-east asia and India.
- Rattanakorn is based on Ayutthaya Kingdom while Hongshawadee is based on Pegu.
- The War of Pale Elephants is based on a real war between Siamese and Burmese.
- King Maha Chakrapad's name is based on one of Ayutthayan king. His name is mean "An Emperor".
- King Rashinnaung is based on Burmese king Bayinnaung, the Conqueror of ten directions.
- Song Kwae is based on Thai city of Phitsanulok. Song Kwae is also a Phitsanulok's alternate name. Song Kwae's mean "Two Rivers".