Author Topic: [B] More Metal Sound Mod V2.2 for 1.010/1.011 & Warband 1.105+ *Updated 6/19/10  (Read 182478 times)

Magister79

• Regular
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nord
  • MP nick: Magister / Radamant
  • WB
hey guys , i just want to ask how to make a custom sound mod working properly with crg.
i would make my own sound mod (in italian just for fun) but the only thing i can do is overwrite existent files and run it.
anyone can explain me what these number means ?

"man_grunt_pain_01.ogg 2592
 man_die_01.ogg 2720
  "
..and if i want to add a custom ogg file i need to change some lines in the .txt file?
thx in advance

Rezza

• Recruit
  • With My Sword in my hand, I shall die
    • View Profile
I tried the sound.txt that was posted fixed the battle sounds on the campaing map and the error messages but now i keep hearing horses whenever i move onto some place on the campaign map.

This is seriously frustrating.

I would appreciate any kind of help

Is there anyway i can manually change the horse whinning sound with the normal hooves :D

Problem fixed itself...
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 11:03:03 PM by Rezza »
Bernard Cornwell Fan

Manowar + Mount and Blade = Win!

Crack the Earth, Gods of Thunder
Men and beast will be torn asunder
Into the Fight I own the right
To be the King of kings

Danish General

• Regular
  • Taste my sword.
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: Thane_Danish_of_Niflheim
http://www.mediafire.com/?652hmai1l5qhylm
^ Sawa asked for a more metal sounds file that's compatible with cRPG so I made this
edit: updated for .121
Enjoy your errorless cRPG.

It worked! Thanks! :D
Watch your back... Or my Mamluk horse ride you down...

dexxtaa

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
  • MP nick: Dexxtaa_RS
Can someone tell me how to get it working properly for cRPG, when I try to play mp the second I spawn I get spammed with error messages(it's about the whistle sound) even with the new sound.txt.Any help?

EDIT: Just read the post above mine. Good show x)
~~

It's the whistle.

I asked the server to whistle because I realized it might've been the problem.

There was red scrolling across my screen for the next 2 straight minutes.

I think this mod has a whistle sound in it, too, which is conflicting with the cRPG whistle. So I guess when we find the file, deleting it will solve the issue.

outr4ge

• Recruit
    • View Profile
Highest respect for the ammount of effort you've put into this and the motivation to keep going impresses me, i wasn't a fan sadly, but there was one thing i very muchly so enjoyed... the deep sounds of the horses feet... creates fear! can you rap up a little package just based on the horse? pweaseee :P

McBeanie

• Sergeant at Arms
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: Harðgaeirr inn hávi
  • WB
What sound files modify the, "moving on world map" sounds? the sound is getting annoying and loud. But otherwise, I LOVE the mod

Assassinator1097

• Squire
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: Assassinator
There was some fix around here or something but I forgot. Search the thread.
Is this the real life?
Is this just fantasy?
Caught in a landslide
No escape from reality
what kind of poem is that? free-verse, haiku or what?
It's an epic, notably played in the court of a very successful Queen.

Escolicot

• Recruit
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swadian
It doesn't work for 1.134, there is a strange sound bug on the campaign map.

localoliver

• Recruit
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: Original Sin
  • WB
does it work with 1.133? ;o
Dr. Emmett Brown: Which one's your pop?
Marty McFly: [points him out] That's him.
[they see him getting kicked around by other school bullies]
George McFly: [has a 'kick me' sign on his back] Okay. Okay you guys. Ah-ha-ha-ha, very funny. You guys are being real mature.
Dr. Emmett Brown: Maybe you were adopted.

localoliver

• Recruit
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: Original Sin
  • WB
nah, doesn't work, brother
Dr. Emmett Brown: Which one's your pop?
Marty McFly: [points him out] That's him.
[they see him getting kicked around by other school bullies]
George McFly: [has a 'kick me' sign on his back] Okay. Okay you guys. Ah-ha-ha-ha, very funny. You guys are being real mature.
Dr. Emmett Brown: Maybe you were adopted.

rambo

• Veteran
  • More to come, more to kill!
    • View Profile
    • Travian, a browsergame!
Too hard to install, I ain't gonna try

boba

• Recruit
    • View Profile
when this gonna get updated for the current version ?

OzyTheSage

• Regular
  • Nom
    • View Profile
    • Bay 12 Dwarf Fortress community
  • MP nick: Ozymandias
  • WBWF&SNW
With the release of the new CRPG patch can someone post up a new compatible sounds.txt when they can?

abadgaem

• Veteran
  • juicy
    • View Profile
I tried to take a stab at it but I can't get sounds.txt to work right.  ARGH!!!

dejakritz

• Recruit
    • View Profile
I appreciate the work that went into this but I mostly just have criticsm for the mod, so if you don't want to hear primarily negative commentary then stop reading this post and move to the next one. I tried this mod and want to let people interested in a mostly critical reaction know my opinion before they try it.

First off I did not like the mismatched voicework. I am also critical of the native grunts and yells, but at least they were consistent. The voices were too unrealistic, random, and exaggerated for my tastes. After one battle with this mod I exited the game spent about 20 minutes replacing all the new voices with the old ones. Then I came back and tried a few more battles.

The sword-on-sword, sword-on-flesh sounds and such, individually, are VERY good. But once you have a big battle going it begins to sound very tinny. It sounds more like a bunch of tin pans being beaten on by forks. It doesn't sound like a battle anymore. For whatever reason the combined effect did less for me than vanilla sounds.

Many of the sounds have too much resonance. A shield typically is made of multiple materials and doesn't ring so much, even a metal one. Normally realism isnt -too- important for me, but the effect detracts in my opinion instead of adds. The shield sounds in particular are too dominant/loud/resonant now. When you get a bunch of arrows in your shield you dont really hear anything else like you do with vanilla sounds.

Lastly there is no "thunder" anymore in a large number hoofbeats, its more muffled. Possibly more realistic how a hoof would sound on grass, I'll admit that. And it sounds okay with a couple horses. But the old hoofbeats sound a lot more intimidating in large numbers in my opinon.