The official off topic thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

good example of great gameplay (that even now works) UFO: Enemy unknown - old but still good fun

Haha that's old school.  Yeah I must have clocked hours playing Streets of Rage just because it had multiplayer.  Now, talk about multiplayer gameplay?  Goldeneye.  Hilariously fun.  Tried to play that like a week ago lawl and I just didn't remember the framerate being so low...  :mrgreen: 

Also

Rebel Yahoo said:
Picking on the wee men never seems to bore you though,...big lad.

When the youngins need talkin' to, I don't mind giving them a good talkin' to.  When I'm wrong, I also readily admit that, as others here can vouch for.  Young folks need a good push in the right direction sometimes, and I know I can come off as rough but my intentions are genuine.  Russik is a good example, he's calmed down for the most part, give or take a few random spam posts scattered here and there, and now he's a pretty OK member of our little community here.

SwissHalberdier said:
Haha that's old school.  Yeah I must have clocked hours playing Streets of Rage just because it had multiplayer.  Now, talk about multiplayer gameplay?  Goldeneye.  Hilariously fun.  Tried to play that like a week ago lawl and I just didn't remember the framerate being so low...  :mrgreen: 

Also

Rebel Yahoo said:

When the youngins need talkin' to, I don't mind giving them a good talkin' to.  When I'm wrong, I also readily admit that, as others here can vouch for.  Young folks need a good push in the right direction sometimes, and I know I can come off as rough but my intentions are genuine.  Russik is a good example, he's calmed down for the most part, give or take a few random spam posts scattered here and there, and now he's a pretty OK member of our little community here.
You're so completly right, did you like Goldeneye btw was my favourite ps2 game....

Oh yeah, I forgot Rogue Agent even existed.  Huh...

No, I mean Goldeneye, like one of the best games that ever came out on the N64.

SwissHalberdier said:

Yeah I know that one... But I have only played Rogue Agent... Meh. Anyone here plays MTA? (Multiplayer Andreas)

Swiss, you didn't "fix" Russik, he's always been fine(except for grammar, not important on a forum where everyone else does it though). Also, you and me are "youngins", as soon as you stop thinking that, you're even more so the very thing you claim that you aren't.
russik112 said:
SwissHalberdier said:

Yeah I know that one... But I have only played Rogue Agent... Meh. Anyone here plays MTA? (Multiplayer Andreas)
San Andreas? Never got the multiplayer client to work, borked my pirated copy of it, don't care. It was a Canadian satire of America's poorer black communities and illegal immigrants. It was a little funny, but Canada knows nothing about us. Anything they "know" was when they came over here and went back home, the small window of time when the aren't high(*jabjab*).

Aticus said:
Swiss, you didn't "fix" Russik, he's always been fine(except for grammar, not important on a forum where everyone else does it though). Also, you and me are "youngins", as soon as you stop thinking that, you're even more so the very thing you claim that you aren't.
russik112 said:
SwissHalberdier said:

San Andreas? Never got the multiplayer client to work, borked my pirated copy of it, don't care. It was a Canadian satire of America's poorer black communities and illegal immigrants. It was a little funny, but Canada knows nothing about us. Anything they "know" was when they came over here and went back home, the small window of time when the aren't high(*jabjab*).
Uuuhmm okay, the bad grammar skils I have removed. And I know what the bad grammar was, they were the too many ..... right??

Well go on Google (Best freind) And write MTA this one is more like official not like Sa-Mp which just was an box. You should try it, the most fun part of it is the Role Play where you are an normal person, having a job, a house and a gun!

Russik used to spam threads with like 3 posts at a time, Aticus.  There was a point when ealabor thought he was another troll back from the dead.  A few of us roughed him up a little and he calmed down.  Kids learn the hard way, that's just the way it is.  Grammar as well has never really been high on my agenda.  Either way, russik agreed with me himself.

I also realize my age and relative inexperience, which I briefly acknowledged in my post if you actually read it.  I know I can be wrong and I'm perfectly okay with that.  I don't tend to drag on arguments just to stroke my ego either, and my record on that is here for all to see.  When I'm wrong I'm usually first to acknowledge it, and then I back down.  Granted, I can be pretty long-winded and at times I can be pretty abrasive, but I'm not just downright mean to people for the sake of being so.

No matter how you slice it... If you're saying the huge number of people in their early teens (13 - 15) that post on this forum aren't "youngins" to somebody who's out of college, has a job and actually makes his own way in the world, then I'm going to call bull and say you don't know your ass from a hole in the ground.  It's also pretty silly that you'd be preachy on the matter.  That's called irony, folks.

SwissHalberdier said:
Russik used to spam threads with like 3 posts at a time, Aticus.  There was a point when ealabor thought he was another troll back from the dead.  A few of us roughed him up a little and he calmed down.  Kids learn the hard way, that's just the way it is.  Grammar as well has never really been high on my agenda.  Either way, russik agreed with me himself
Do you mean when he was worried that he was annoying and that ealabor would ban him? I was there, remember? Even if it wasn't that time, you didn't change him, he changed himself. Also, he agreed with you only that "'youngins' need talking to".
SwissHalberdier said:
No matter how you slice it... If you're saying the huge number of people in their early teens (13 - 15) that post on this forum aren't "youngins" to somebody who's out of college, has a job and actually makes his own way in the world, then I'm going to call bull and say you don't know your ass from a hole in the ground.  It's also pretty silly that you'd be preachy on the matter.  That's called irony, folks.
You're out of college and you work? Do you spend all of your free time on this forum, then? Also, I'm not being "preachy" about it, I know I'm a kid. I implied that fact in my post. I checked yours:
SwissHalberdier said:

Also

Rebel Yahoo said:

SwissHalberdier said:
I also realize my age and relative inexperience, which I briefly acknowledged in my post if you actually read it.
I didn't see it. But since you did in the one right above me, I'm fine. Didn't know you were over the age of 22, I thought you were 17 or 18, based off how often you post and the way you think(no offense intended). Now that I know that, I'm fine with your post 8 posts above this one. *shakes hand*

russik112 said:
Aticus said:
russik112 said:
SwissHalberdier said:

Uuuhmm okay, the bad grammar skils I have removed. And I know what the bad grammar was, they were the too many ..... right??

Well go on Google (Best freind) And write MTA this one is more like official not like Sa-Mp which just was an box. You should try it, the most fun part of it is the Role Play where you are an normal person, having a job, a house and a gun!
No, the bad grammar you had was capitalizing words that don't need capitalization in the middle of a sentence, but it looks you you fixed that too, sorry I didn't notice. :grin:

I don't think you understand, I pirated San Andreas and messed the main.scm file, we got caught pirating games twice and if they caught us a third time, bye bye internet, phone, and TV. Cox Cable has a monopoly in Norfolk, have had one for years and years now. So I will never have it again, nor do I want it again. I've seen the mod you're talking about, but I just don't really like that game much, thanks though.

I have it set to open the board when I open Firefox.  Considering I'm juggling IT management, marketing and some other stuff that's computer-based at a medium size company, I'd say it's pretty easy to fire off a post here and there at times.  Usually in the morning when things are slow or around lunch time.  If I was a kid at school, I've gotta say I'd probably be a good bit busier.  Though I did go to a Willie Nelson concert last night with some friends, that was a nice diversion.  Come to think of it, I think I was supposed to try out Ebin's map addon for PW tonight.  Hey Ebin, you around?

Yeah I'm here. I kind of released the map and then hid under my bed for a few hours to get away from the ever approaching bugs and glitches people were going to have. Not many thank god, considering it is an unfinished map. Just wanted some feedback on certain areas. Anyways, what do you consider a Youngin' swiss? I'm 18 almost 19 and at college. is that a youngin' or just a young adult?

I'd say anything up to about 16.  Maybe a little older.  That's around the time you come of age.  Everything from then on you're obviously still maturing, but you can't just go "oh he's just a kid he doesn't know any better!".  That's what I think of when I think "youngin'", it's just somebody who's young enough where you can just say they don't know any better.

Well, when they're at that age. They don't know any better until you use negative reinforcement  :wink:. Of course you can use positive too :lol: What was that old saying? Spare the spiked leather belt, spoil the child?

Holy ****. It's 4:08 AM here and I haven' been able to get to sleep because of a bad storm. So I go online to the weather channel and  this storm has 4 tornadoes currently on the ground. Luckily enough for me though. They are all in different Counties. But damn :lol:

EDIT: Make that 5, with 2 of them being in Duval county right under the county I'm in.

UPDATE: Alright, so it quit raining at around 4:30, at that time Jacksonville had 3 tornadoes on the ground and there was one off west of ortega. So you know why that sucks? Cause I didn't get to sleep until 5ish and I have classes until 9 tonight :cry:

Spawn Of Achilles said:
You sir, have way too much time on your hands. Responding to 5 different conversations? I applaud you.
1) It took about 10 minutes to post that, not that time consuming. 2) I finish schoolwork at 6:30 P.M.(start at 7:00 AM, wake up at 6:30 AM), I don't have that much time on my hands. 3) Thank you.
mcbeverage101 said:
Huzzah for youngins.

Of course, the people I hang with in Warband are youngins compared to me, at 15, 15, 14, and 13, me being 16 in a month 'nd a half.

Hmm.
Anyone a year younger than you is a "youngin" in your opinion...? 20 is young, so almost everyone here would be a "youngin", to a 70-year-old(who would be the only person to actually say "youngin" in public.).

I say "youngin'" in public.  It's just the dialect for "young one".  Sorta like "littl'un" is the vernacular for "little one".

Back
Top Bottom