War dogs, Bulls and Wild Dogs or wolves

Users who are viewing this thread

twelveways

Recruit
I think all of these could be implemented in the game and they would be really cool.

War Dogs
Low armour, high speed, medium attack, effective against cavalry. You would need a dog handler splinter off on of the profession trees, possibly coming under archer somewhere. as he progresses, the number of dogs he can command progresses too.
They would be too low for you to hit if you were mounted, unless they jump to atack you, but your horse could give them a nasty trampling.

Bulls
Variable amour, Medium Speed, High Attack. Imagine riding a bull into combat and charging a group of infantry. They would obviously be less quick and nippy than the horses but capable of goring opponents (or anyone who gets in the way). I dont know if people ever rode bulls into combat in reality.

Wild Dogs
Packs of wild dogs on the battle map, they wouldnt attack unless provoked. once provoked, they will all join in until the provokee, or they, are dead. You could try and make the enemy wander over into them. They would be similar to the war dogs above.

But none of these are realistic at all. I've heard of war dogs, but not during this period. Wild animals would invariably flee from such noise and confusion. And bulls were never used in battle AFAIK. This game is trying to be mostly realistic.

Pit bulls aren't inherently violent dogs, they are just a lot stronger than the little dogs who are about 500 times more violent than larger dogs in general.

zerck said:
they can just give hunters a animal companion (possibly wolf).
It would be fine.

Right, and then we could slap on a protective aura for the priests, a 'power attack' for the squire, and a lockpick skill for the merchant. Just kidding, but here's an announcement:

THIS ISN'T WOW!!! THIS ISN'T GW!!! THIS ISN'T EQ!!!

Through the history of warfare the have been numerous civilisations having war / attack dogs in the service of their war parties. For example Atilla the Hun, used giant Molossian dogs, precursors of the mastiff, and Talbots, ancestors of the bloodhound, in his campaigns. During the Middle Ages, war dogs were outfited with armor and frequently were used to defend caravans.

A picture of a Napolitaen Mastiff: http://www.champdogs.co.uk/images/k7527d5.jpg

I would like the idea of having them into game, creating a totally new type troops. Of course the would need a handler to handle them.

Worbah said:
zerck said:
they can just give hunters a animal companion (possibly wolf).
It would be fine.

Right, and then we could slap on a protective aura for the priests, a 'power attack' for the squire, and a lockpick skill for the merchant. Just kidding, but here's an announcement:

THIS ISN'T WOW!!! THIS ISN'T GW!!! THIS ISN'T EQ!!!
dont get it wrong! i am against magic and unrealistic features in this game but its not unrealistic to have animal companions. you can check a pet shop if you dont believe they are real.

Starting classes should be vague. If more depth is added to the character creation it should not be related to the background option. I would not like characters to have "own" animals (except horses and elephants).

Can 'O' Soup said:
If we do get animals, we should have another combat proficiency added : "Pooper Scooper".

You'd need AT LEAST level 7 in this skill to take care of a war-elephant

Jez XxX

I can imagine it now.

The aftermath of the battle, with it's eerie sound of nothing but crows. Without the crows, there is silence. Without the mist, one would see bodies. Bodies of those who fought on their name. Their name of their king. Blood was a plentiful resource here, but was only cherished by the hunger of commanders, and the hunger of flies. But, amongst the dead. A cry broke the wall of silence, shattering the crows, only to fall to silence once more. And that cry was...

"BUUUDDYYYYYYYYYY"

compfreak said:
But none of these are realistic at all. I've heard of war dogs, but not during this period. Wild animals would invariably flee from such noise and confusion. And bulls were never used in battle AFAIK. This game is trying to be mostly realistic.

Tamerlane drove a herd of bulls at his enemies several times, and there was a Samurai general who did the same using bulls who had flaming torches on their heads.

Back
Top Bottom