Wild Running Horses Herd

Users who are viewing this thread

Flaming Eyes

Sergeant
Hi, I think that could be very nice to ride in the camp and suddenly discover a herd of wild horses and using a knot rope one or two of them... of course if I am enough good roping.... :wink:

What do you think?

Do horses ever herd naturally? It doesn't matter anyways, because there are no camps in this game and if there were the horses would be scared of all the noise and people.

Horses herd, yes. One of my favorite facts is that there is a growing herd of horses running wild in the depopulated zone around Chernobyl.

Anyway, interesting idea, but it wouldn't be like you could use them directly afterwards - a warhorse probably took years to tame. So I don't think it's really worth implementing, there are so many other things I'd rather see. :smile:

MMad said:
Horses herd, yes. One of my favorite facts is that there is a growing herd of horses running wild in the depopulated zone around Chernobyl.

Hrulgas :smile:

yeah, GO AND TRY TO TAME WILD HORSES
and tell me how far you get before one of them kicks you off his/her back

Yes, because it is a well known fact that since the begining of ages, tamed horses were borned tame because nature decided so :roll:

Ashram said:
Yes, because it is a well known fact that since the begining of ages, tamed horses were borned tame because nature decided so :roll:
no they tamed newborn horses... not wild running horses in herds... since they wouldnt even let you come close to their little horses...
so youd first have to separate big horse from small and then take small and tame them and then train and etc....
but you wont be able to ride on it until its good tame and trained and that would take couple of months....

I don't know about european horses, but I do know indians (native americans) tamed wild horses, and not newbornes. For some tribes, ot was part of becoming an adult to tame your own horse.

really?
dood, did you know that horses came from EUROPE?
they werent in the americas before they brought them there you friggin idiot
DOES ANYONE LEARN NOW?

kroc said:
really?
dood, did you know that horses came from EUROPE?
they werent in the americas before they brought them there you friggin idiot
DOES ANYONE LEARN NOW?

Yeah, and horses became wild there and made herds.

[quote="kroc"you friggin idiot
DOES ANYONE LEARN NOW?[/quote]

Die. Last time I talked to you.

Kroc you dont seem to know too much about no offense. I live in SWANSEA (Wales) and i have ridden horses since i was 9 now 15. There are quite a few wild horses and most are quite friendly and i have even ridden one or two. Though that said not without a little bucking. Anyway in game terms while roaming round the world map it would be cool to see horse herds and you could capture them as Flaming eyes said by using a rope. But what would be cool is if you actually went into like a fight scene with you and the horses and you have to noose as many as possible before they espcape the map.

Anyway yoshi were are you from?

i didnt say that all horses are tamed, did i now....

and anyway... sometimes my nerves DO break, so sorry

well, once you capture 10 wild horses(if you can) what are you going to do with them?

p.s.
this game me an idea...
why not add a HUNTING scene to the game? so instead of buying food that is everlasting(i mean.. 50days!!!!) you could go with some of your party(others make camp) and hunt a couple of deer, so you will have to do something while youre traveling(if they make city distances bigger)..

Mazzadude say:
Kroc you dont seem to know too much about no offense. I live in SWANSEA (Wales) and i have ridden horses since i was 9 now 15. There are quite a few wild horses and most are quite friendly and i have even ridden one or two. Though that said not without a little bucking. Anyway in game terms while roaming round the world map it would be cool to see horse herds and you could capture them as Flaming eyes said by using a rope. But what would be cool is if you actually went into like a fight scene with you and the horses and you have to noose as many as possible before they espcape the map.

Anyway yoshi were are you from?

Hey, Mazzadude cathed what I wanted to say!

If the game map is expanded, this would be a neat feature to add. Given the apparent relative size of it at the moment, though, I don't think a wild horse herd would last too long before being rounded up by either Swadians, Vaegirs, or an independent band of entrepreneurs (Bandits).

So maybe it's not going to work with capturing a horse and riding it right away. But what if there was someplace you could sell these horses to? I'm sure at a time of war, horses are in strong demand... even just as breeding stock so that they can tame the young ones?

Kind of like selling slaves to earn money, except you can do it as a peaceful trader.

hm, but...
wild horses+tame horses? would they actually do that?
i doubt it..

and yes, never thought about it..
in the game every merchant has a couple of good horses, but just as schmea said, at times of war horses are rare...
merchants should have waaaay less horses and should cost some more..

maybe what could be added would be like capture young horses and sell them to tamers for some $$?
and theorically there shouldnt be that many herds of horses since you are not the only smart one to do that...

To take this one step further, in times of war other things are in demand... such as leather for crossbowmen/archers.

While I like the idea of horses, the comment made earlier that this is a too populated area for there to be too many herds of wild horses is right. But what about herds of cattle? They could belong to either side in the war, or third parties, and it'd be your choice or not if you choose to engage in some cattle rustling for either the meat, or maybe you can sell them to a tanner?

And just one thought further, in the wild west cattle ranchers used to hire parties of bounty hunters to hunt down cattle rustlers... could be interesting if they did that here too if you choose to rustle some cattle.

Back
Top Bottom