Minimod: The Black Baron (Version .003 released for M&B .903!)

Users who are viewing this thread

N0ught

Sergeant Knight at Arms

VERSION .003 RELEASED!

Get it now at the file repository (9.42mb .zip file):

https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=9&id=641

(just unzip the file to your M&B "Modules" directory - for M&B version .903 ONLY!)

BaronMain.jpg

The Black Baron is a new minimod for Mount & Blade .903! The gameplay is exactly like the Native module for M&B, with the addition of 3 new models, 7 new pieces of equipment, and a very powerful new recruitable hero, known as The Black Baron!

The Black Baron can be found in Zendar tavern, preparing for yet another foray into the wilds of Calradia. He is without a squire and thinks you may have what it takes to fill the position. Will you follow him to glory?

The Black Baron is a very powerful level 30 character, and his equipment (including his horse) are of a quality never before seen in Calradia. The requirements for using the items, however, prohibit a new character from recruiting The Black Baron, and then subsequently stripping him of his equipment to use for their own. But fear not! The Black Baron is more than capable of wielding his sword, or anything else you give him - he will become the greatest hero you have ever recruited, and perhaps one day, you too may be able to fill his shoes! Calradia awaits!

Let me know what you think! :grin:

Here are some screenshots:

BlackB1.jpg

BlackB2.jpg

So do you think this mod will stay mini or do you think if it gets alot of motivation and encouragment it can turn into a Medium Mod? Maybe even a large mod?

Why don't you get a team together and wipe out the mini from mini mod.
I am sure people would be willing.

Unless you do already.

I will be adding small things here and there - maybe some new quests later. It might lead to some kind of a story and a larger mod, you never know, but I want to emphasize that this module is meant as a small addon for the native game. I plan to add daily dialogs that pop up on the world map (LOTS of these so they don't repeat often) describing The Black Baron's tutelage in the ways of knighthood. We will see where it all takes us.

But the main focus is on allowing the player to assume the role of squire to a very powerful recruitable hero you can actually use to your own purposes. Join a faction and grow in reputation and rank, or maraud the countryside as true black knights, waylaying all you come across. Go solo with only The Black Baron for company, in true knight and squire fashion, or raise an army to crush the world. Whatever you want to do, you will have help from The Black Baron, an incredible ally.

So yeah, try The Black Baron out guys - I particularly want to know if he seems less than "superheroic". Overpowered is what im going for here. He seems to already be able to fend of crowds of soldiers on his own, but I can tune him up even more. :mrgreen:

Hah, Funny! I am going to download this when I get back from school, and give ya a rating on the Baron's .. ehr... 'Overpoweredness".

Servitor

This guy can make the early levels very easy as you can let him do all the killing!
You level up quickly though but your combat skills are not where they would have been had you fought more.
Can't wait to let him loose during a siege  :twisted:

Found a bug:
Been playing for about 30 minutes and I've got one ghost unit to my party of two. After many fights I still have the one extra guy.
Second bug:
After 15 days with the Black Baron in my/his party, I found him in the tavern at Tihr, speaking to him gave two options, Accept or decline.

Been playing for about 30 minutes and I've got one ghost unit to my party of two. After many fights I still have the one extra guy.

This is a problem with M&B itself - I had it happen numerous times playing native .894. I has to have something to do with the way the game is counting the members of the party. Best report this in the general bugs section, if it has not already been reported.

After 15 days with the Black Baron in my/his party, I found him in the tavern at Tihr, speaking to him gave two options, Accept or decline.

Yeah I noticed this too - I had the same problem with the ninja mod and the character Moon Tooth, but I think I found a way around it. I'm going to start porting my other mods soon, so I will look into it.

Thanks for bug-posting... let me know if anything else comes up.

N0ught said:

This is a problem with M&B itself - I had it happen numerous times playing native .894. It has to have something to do with the way the game is counting the members of the party. Best report this in the general bugs section, if it has not already been reported.

I haven't seen this in .903, the first time I have seen this bug is in this mod.

stonegolem said:
N0ught said:

This is a problem with M&B itself - I had it happen numerous times playing native .894. It has to have something to do with the way the game is counting the members of the party. Best report this in the general bugs section, if it has not already been reported.

I haven't seen this in .903, the first time I have seen this bug is in this mod.

Yeah this is a known bug from native.

Well I let the Baron loose at a siege. He stormed up the ramp hacking and slashing all that stood before him until he reached the top, there he stayed for a minute or two as he was stun-locked.
I was able to kill a few around him but I was ultimately was taken down by arrows. He was still getting hammered though.
He got 6 of them I think.

I tried to give him a ranged weapon so he might thin them out before rushing in but the bow and arrows I gave him just disappeared from his inventory.
Next time he'll just have to wait until my archers do their job.

Jackamo said:
So do you think this mod will stay mini or do you think if it gets alot of motivation and encouragment it can turn into a Medium Mod? Maybe even a large mod?

It's always good to keep things small (for the sake of the people who don't have unlimited downloads) and often expanding things can also ruin them.

This is pretty good as it is.

Alright well I've pinned down the reason for "ghost units" - it happens when recruiting a hero more than once (by clicking accept multiple times when hiring them). This has been corrected in native already, and I have circumvented it in my mods as well now - new version coming up!

Also, the baron will still appear at taverns occasionally - I'll look into fixing this (until then we'll just assume he likes his booze :mrgreen:).

...but the bow and arrows I gave him just disappeared from his inventory.

This is a bug I still haven't figured out - I'm looking into it. However, if the last two items in a hero's inventory disappear, you can make them reappear one at a time this way:

* Move all their equipped items to your own inventory.
* Close their inventory screen.
* Reopen their inventory screen; one of the "disappeared" items should be in their first equipped items box.
* Repeat if necessary.

Have fun! :smile:

N0ught said:
...but the bow and arrows I gave him just disappeared from his inventory.

This is a bug I still haven't figured out - I'm looking into it. However, if the last two items in a hero's inventory disappear, you can make them reappear one at a time this way:

* Move all their equipped items to your own inventory.
* Close their inventory screen.
* Reopen their inventory screen; one of the "disappeared" items should be in their first equipped items box.
* Repeat if necessary.

Have fun! :smile:

Sounds like you've still got auto-equip turned on for the baron. Make sure it's turned off.

Alright I have uploaded a new version of the mod that should fix the "ghost unit" problem. Save games are compatible, but I would urge everyone with any "ghost units" in their party roster to start over. The Black Baron does still appear in taverns occasionally, and the equipped items disappearing problem I am still looking into.

Hey guys you need to re-download .002!

Sorry I was rather tired this morning, and the .002 version I uploaded wasn't fixed, as stated in my last post. :mrgreen:

It's alright now though, so please download again!

EDIT: Added some screenshots! See the original post! :smile:

Where in module_troops.py did you put the Baron? Check the constants for companions_begin and companions_end, and make sure he isn't in that section of the troops file. In other words, don't put him where Borcha, Marnid, Ymira, and Rolf are. Any Heroes in this section will show up randomly. If you removed the first Hero, then that might be throwing off companions_begin and causing him to show up randomly, or some other undesired effects.

Back
Top Bottom