Blood!

Users who are viewing this thread

dhvyse

Recruit
The game looks great, and nothing is cooler then seeing a body-filled battlefield after a good battle. The only thing missing is blood stains from the fight and around the corpses of the dead (not unconcous) guys. This is battle, not a puppetfest. This would really put me into the game for sure. Of course an option to shut it off for the squemish and young could be added.

hi

a bit more blood would be cool! it must not squirt out of the bodies all over the place :wink:
but a noticable amount of blood when the corpses are lieing around would add a good amount of realism, and does not distrackt from the gameplay or adds any other negative point to the game!

a bit more blood could only be positive :wink:

greetings

Not exactly, but it's great anyway - lotsa moves, great dismemberment, and great shadows too - first game that had reaslistic shadows.

Also, in the long run, i'd REALLY like to see limb dismemberment. Limbs should only come off from a deathblow though. Like if I were to hit a raider in the arm or head, and that was the last of his HP, and it was a slashing weapon and it was a hard enough hit, that the arm, leg, or head would come off. :twisted:

I loved Severance too, being able to chop off your opponents head and throw it at the next one was a great feature. :grin:

I'd like to be able to see the damage from swords etc on the soldiers and horses, cuts and blood and so on.

Cuts - hightly doubtful, but blood - perhaps. Also, it would be nice to make different animations for injured characters - they'll be limping, clutching to damaged body parts, etc.

I think if the current blood sprays were made more consistent rather than being slightly random in whether or not they'll spray claret all over the shop, then that would be all that's needed. I don't want Soldier-of-Fortune levels of gore, but neither do I want it to look like Playmobil fighting.

Mechstra said:
I think if the current blood sprays were made more consistent rather than being slightly random in whether or not they'll spray claret all over the shop, then that would be all that's needed. I don't want Soldier-of-Fortune levels of gore, but neither do I want it to look like Playmobil fighting.

I agree. More blood spray and blood staining on the ground and it would be good enough. Limb dismemberment would still be great though. :twisted:

Doing something like this could mean that you have to be a certain age to play and beta test the game, Im not sure if this is an angle the devs are wanting to take, especially at the moment, as realistic and 'cool' as it may sound or even be if implamented, we have to spare a thought for its implication on the games rating.

But there is already blood in the game - all I'm saying is that it be made more consistent. It'd be nothing extreme, but it's strange that sometimes an arrow strike in the next will cause a spout of the red stuff, whereas at other times it won't.

Well getting hit with an arrow wouldnt cause you to bleed a lot, so thats kind of unrealistic, ive noticed it too, however when you pulled it out it sure would bleed a lot :grin:

To have a realistic depiction of how combat was on those battlefields would surely make this game an 18 with the sheer amount of blood :smile: Sword wounds bleed like mad :smile:

Well, it depends on wounds, their location and amount of clothing you have. But beheading someone DOES produce some impressive blood squirts... Well, we have nice ones when you hit someone in the head with an arrow, too.

dhvyse said:
Well i'm really hoping for more blood in the next update!

Dont hold your breath :smile:

Well, it depends on wounds, their location and amount of clothing you have.

Ignoring armour/clothing, sword wounds bleed alot, fact. Some places more than others, thats obvious but a large lasseration on ones body bleeds a lot.

No one is asking for blood on every hit, killing a fully armoured knight was not an easy task, the trick was just staying alive long enough for the Knight to get tired, the fittest knight could not keep fighting for more than 5 minutes in full plate armour without having a heart attack :smile:

Well, dunno about heart attack, but indeed - I got completely puffed after like a minute of fighting (full armor, sword + shield). Real knights were much better, of course, but not THAT better.
Btw, why not add stamina into the game? Both for horses and men.
Will make it more balanced and realistic... and I don't think it'll hamper you from having fun a lot - if it will extend to enemies too, not only for player, of course :smile:.

Balor said:
Well, dunno about heart attack, but indeed - I got completely puffed after like a minute of fighting (full armor, sword + shield). Real knights were much better, of course, but not THAT better.
Btw, why not add stamina into the game? Both for horses and men.
Will make it more balanced and realistic... and I don't think it'll hamper you from having fun a lot - if it will extend to enemies too, not only for player, of course :smile:.

I don't much like the idea of stamina on horses. Perhaps a stamina bar for a soldier on foot for a quick sprint, requiring a sprint button (which would be a cool feature for quick sprints)

Back
Top Bottom