Version 0.772 Released!

Users who are viewing this thread

I guess I'm holding up release of .71 by "dawdling", as it stands now (this minute) the gender is inconsistent because there are
hundreds of dialog places where the (corrected) test just isn't made recently and will mutate as the regs get more stale.

So although I claimed 93% success on the gender bug, the last 7% is HARD CODED and needs really walking through all the dialogs (and scripts) to harmonize them, which will take days because of the huge size (70K lines each).

good news, if any?  Future races can be easily merged, without having to redo all these calls.
  About the only problem the future could hold is if a third sex is introduced, like "child", but thats unlikely. 

So -- is gender fixed?  Yes - partly.  Quite a bit, really. 
  can it be fixed everywhere?  certainly.  At the moment it "feels" like only 60% is right, but at least its consistent.

will it get fixed everywhere?  depends how much time it takes to walk though 140,000 lines of Python code.

If it drags on too long maybe the team will go on to other tasks instead of waiting on this.  But certainly, its getting closer
each day.  And I should emphasize once more, most of the fixes I needed already were in place by the team and all I'm doing is aligning the calls made to all flow through one (and only 1) gender test which we can control, and which is called just before writing
to your screen. 

To flush every last wrong gender from dialog will need many working days; call it a week for estimate's sake.  Near as I can tell everything else is ready; there's a few minor changes in .71 from last month and I haven't even seen .8, which maybe is just as well.
Anyway for reasons of my own I want to clear this in a week, and then its a matter of how fast the rest of the team can test and go:no go this.  I'm *only* doing gender tests, nothing else.  Maybe it will go faster a second time through the dialogs.  I've marked about 800 unique lines as having an implicit gender test, and each of those needs to call the correct test before printing text to your screen.

So anyway I used to be customer service/tech support for a few huge corporations, before semi-retirement; I wanted you to have correct expectations for time and otherwise "we're on it".  I think Perisno will be plenty of fun shortly.

guys i've got a problem that i can't solve on my own

it's about tax inefficiency, i mean whatever i do and whatever difficulty level i choose the gold that i lose doesnt change :/

eg. now i've got 0% of tax inefficiency and anyway i lose 37000! every damn week...

is there anything i can do with this or i just need to start new game...? i mean i have 350 days and i'd like not to waste it...

gsanders said:
To flush every last wrong gender from dialog will need many working days; call it a week for estimate's sake.  Near as I can tell everything else is ready; there's a few minor changes in .71 from last month and I haven't even seen .8, which maybe is just as well.
Anyway for reasons of my own I want to clear this in a week, and then its a matter of how fast the rest of the team can test and go:no go this.  I'm *only* doing gender tests, nothing else.  Maybe it will go faster a second time through the dialogs.  I've marked about 800 unique lines as having an implicit gender test, and each of those needs to call the correct test before printing text to your screen.

So anyway I used to be customer service/tech support for a few huge corporations, before semi-retirement; I wanted you to have correct expectations for time and otherwise "we're on it".  I think Perisno will be plenty of fun shortly.

Thank you sir for your dedication to this mod and its fans. We've been waiting a long time for the patch's release and its always good to have some feedback from its developers.

Cheers

if you are the kind of person that either
a) didnt know how to fix dread One bug etc
or
b) are cool with copying your existing Perisno folder under Mount&Blade Warband/Modules  to any other name
    so you can totally destroy screw up your Perisno game for a few hours and then put it back...

Then I'll let you poke at this -- it's only 1/2 finished really, so don't tell me anything about gender bugs except what OTHER things besides gender are broken.  Be certain, if its broke, I did it...

Just copy the strings right on top of your *copied* v70 game (some new module name like perisno_a)
  then start Mount & Blade warband, change the module selected to whatever you typed to not screw with your existing game
  make a new char, of any race or sex, and see what little works  ://

Don't do it if you don't know what you're doing; It shouldn't eat your computer or steal babies, but really its just for the curious
This time next week all the problems (hopefully) with gender-confusion will be gone (unless its your roleplay, in which case, errm never mind).  At least the guys and gals you meet will greet you correctly  (I hope).

Talk to the castle guards for example; talk to lords you meet.  Talk to ladies in town.  Ask bards things.  Stuff.
Or don't.  Have a great weekend, and don't think we don't appreciate your loyalty and time. TOTALLY UNOFFICIAL sneek peak:

(updated 6 AM Sat Nov 15 East Europe Time) (fixed quite a few dialogs, a stack creep issue, farmers; recommend turning OFF fog of war it seems to have issue for my savegames):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgEMDJsYTJtVjgtQXc/view?usp=sharing

(best fetched with Chrome, internet explorer seems to not know what to do with it)
  This wont work for v.61  its just a layer that sits on top of .70

YYYEEESSS!!!

WMx5PiN.gif

(Thank you!)

check out

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgEN0ZSZkNQSHktZWs/view?usp=sharing

if you didnt see my post.  This version is about 20 minutes old, but shows the state of .71
  I think it's getting pretty close to final, but I don't have the bandwidth 5, 10, or whatever the real size of
Perisno's lurker audience.

just put the .txt files right on top of a .70 full distribution and try making some characters.
  I think there's about 3% of the dialogs left to sift through.  From time to time I still see things that slipped.

Fog of War is currently broken and turned off.
  Kingdom ladies is working, mostly, but I think I'll be tweaking Princess Bergit and Lithrandil (sp?) shortly to remove some randomness.  Not sure if I need to force their race & gender as well.  I may force dwarf and elf race assignments by hand for
elf and dwarf lords later today, but its much cleaner than last Saturday's pre-release.

Anyway, I know SOMEBODY reads this stuff, and of those, maybe 1 in 20 actually tries it.  I'd like at least 5 people to give feedback,  but what I'd like and what I get remains to be seen...

- GS
  apprentice dev, Perisno team
  (joined 3 weeks ago)

gsanders said:
check out

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgEN0ZSZkNQSHktZWs/view?usp=sharing

if you didnt see my post.  This version is about 20 minutes old, but shows the state of .71
  I think it's getting pretty close to final, but I don't have the bandwidth 5, 10, or whatever the real size of
Perisno's lurker audience.

just put the .txt files right on top of a .70 full distribution and try making some characters.
  I think there's about 3% of the dialogs left to sift through.  From time to time I still see things that slipped.

Fog of War is currently broken and turned off.
  Kingdom ladies is working, mostly, but I think I'll be tweaking Princess Bergit and Lithrandil (sp?) shortly to remove some randomness.  Not sure if I need to force their race & gender as well.  I may force dwarf and elf race assignments by hand for
elf and dwarf lords later today, but its much cleaner than last Saturday's pre-release.

Anyway, I know SOMEBODY reads this stuff, and of those, maybe 1 in 20 actually tries it.  I'd like at least 5 people to give feedback,  but what I'd like and what I get remains to be seen...

- GS
  apprentice dev, Perisno team
  (joined 3 weeks ago)

Well, I could only try it for about 1h and a half.

Let's just say I ended up spending a hour trying to get either of the princesses to marry me. Apparently every time they had a suitor, and apparently it's a female that's their suitor(Quests lol.) Counting 27 times of failed attempts for both. It's either my unlucky day, or they never seem to want to marry after I applied the 0.71 stuff.

After that I played ignoring that fact, and everything seemed pretty good so far.

@Pikalyze
  OK I'll add a trap after love interests are assigned to
  a) force writing female and race to the "lord" for the princesses
  b) roll dice and either 57% remove their love interests (& update the entry for the love interest as well)
          or 43% re-assign a love interest to a male unwed lord in the same faction.

Generally, once a love interest was assigned to a princess its too late to court them.

I need to also add a further filter to go through all the ladies after temperament is assigned and hand out clothing.
And I need to hand tweak the royal families once anyway, which is a simple assigment before the random family building,
    with an exception not to dynamically add family members if the lord/lady already has family assigned.
And I want to add some more ladies so the dwarves get attention, which is a simple fix.
And uncouple dwarves from Zann, which is a simple fix.

Further gender dialogs are postponed a few days so that I can use Silberhawke to assist with marking the old dialogs to update.
---
  A few things dumped on me at work (in panic mode, as always) so will be slow to get the update in.
I should have it by Saturday afternoon, but I might get a lucky break at the office sooner.
They (my day job) want a (job saving) presentation "overnight". 

gsanders said:
Further gender dialogs are postponed a few days so that I can use Silberhawke to assist with marking the old dialogs to update.
"Silberfalke" or "Silverhawk"...just sounds awful if you mix it! :grin:

With the team being thinned out a bit atm we will anyway do anything
to get you 0.71 asap.
Also thanks to gsanders who's typing updates in real time and works at
the gender issue like mad! :smile:

@carew  I'm not sure about savegame compatibility.

I should be able to maintain savegame compatible  with chars you roll now
  but my .70 chars that had fog of war turned on stopped seeing new towns/villages/castles after .71
  other than that I think the savegames are compatible but I haven't tested it.  To be very direct I
  just wanted to fix the gender issue and nothing else but the other coders were quiet / busy / at school
  and are just now reporting for duty.  I myself need to focus on work (day job that is) for at least a half day today.

I need to explore when exactly Fog of War stopped, if it stopped working in last months code before
I even joined as a dev (I'd had some tester duty last summer, and I certainly had complained of prisoner bug
and gender then)... well, then I will need some external assistance to find it, like comparing the summer version of the code (where fog of war worked) to now...

Carew said:
Seems to all be compatible, made a female character fine as well, haven't encountered any problems yet.

the characters that USED to have problems were 
  dwarf males    often were spoken of as if they were female
  elf males                "

dwarf females    treated as male 
  elf females            "

human (default sex) treated correctly by gender due to some parser outside of our Mod, at the Warband 1.158 framework layer

We now have a trap to unify all of these to support any number of future races.  I don't at this time have support for more than 2 genders, but I've given it thought and its technically doable but would be a serious two week pain in the buttocks just to say something smart to children/babies.

Hopefully one more day till a last release candidate tweaking family "initialize_aristocracy" and dressing a shockingly high number
of grown ladies in er "birth suits" (what would my daughter say?).  With that its just the fog of war issue, which may yet have a solution in the .70 source.

- GS

Silberfalke said:
Carew said:
Seems to all be compatible, made a female character fine as well, haven't encountered any problems yet.
Thanks for the report! :smile:

And we spoke too soon. First time I loaded up there were no problems, I had to reboot my computer and now I get this:
s17o7r.png

whenever I load up a 7.0 save game.

7.1 characters appear not to be affected.

OK.  I may be able to find a trigger to remove in module_triggers.py , but I'm not certain its as easy as that.
  I'll compare the original "triggers"  from a month ago to this one sometime tonight, line by line, and see if we can't
make a happy compromise.  It's less than 3000 lines so would only take about an hour to compare by hand.
There's doubtless a slick way to compare them but I'm still old school; I just open two sessions on two monitors and page down
each watching them fall out of synch and seeing what was changed and if its still needed or can be optimized cleverly to not break the savegame. 

I actually first wanted to fix everything, then and only then fret about .70 savegames once I know what was needed to make the save. 
  could you email me the broken savegame and any 1 or 2 other .70 savegames you have @
    [email protected]

and I'll try some sort of meta-magical script_fu on the offending module tonight with an eye on watching your savegame open?
If I can find the place where savegames get loaded I might apply a filter as well or find a clever way to parse a broken savegame one time only as a semi-custom patch (heh "Dude_convert_my_70_save_its_like_300_days").  Yeah alright, I'm the "miracle business" this weekend...

(update)
====  looked at triggers  and I can either clip 1 or add 1 depending on what is really needed

The .70 code had 1 trigger (the dreaded one prisoner check) that was purely commented out
    but it may need to be uncommented and instead made empty, so the TRIGGER is there to align the other triggers
but it just gets called, does nothing, and exits, every 24 hours.  If there's twoo MANY triggers from .71, there are some quests that
are probably new such as "initialize_holy_war" and several having to do with what look like new features.  They are at the end and
least likely to upset a .70 save if clipped.

give me 2-3 samples and I can comment out (temporarily) a trigger or open a defanged one to align the saves.
  I know .71 would be a lot sweeter to the taste if it didnt need a reroll for toons.  Perhaps very few people actually ran 9for long) Elves or Dwarves anyway; the rest was working, excepting dread one.  Dread one doesnt recruit prisoners at all now.  I ought to have him steal one anyway, each night, but I promise I won't do it this week.  Maybe he'll find his own instead of liberating all of  yours :smile:

Back
Top Bottom