Gloves

Users who are viewing this thread

LarZal

Recruit
I'm fresh from the movies, just seen the Batman - Begins.

Now from what I've heard there will be gloves in the game. I believe Armagan himself stated this.

Now I haven't got the exact name for the things Batman wears around his wrist, but those would definately be cool

They could be used as a shield from swords with low durability, but could block arrows. you could block with them even if using bow yourself. would be nice. And if also be able to hit with them. VERY short range and not too high damage.

hi again,

infact i would like to see and 13 slot interface for the armor and weapons.

1 head with 2 slots one for helm the second for arming cap (ads one to ac)
2 chest
3 legs
4 left arm
5 right arm
6 left gauntlet
7 right gauntlet
8 back (cape or extra shield) cape ads 1 ac shield ads 1 per hundred hpof shield
9 weapon in hand
10 secondary weapon on belt
11 shield in hand
12 quiver and ranged weapon (bow or crossbow)

this could also help with the spending of surpluse money that seems to be so easy to come by. :grin:

i haven't seen the movie, but it sounds like a buckler. i tihnk it would be cool to have them for 2h weapons and ranged weapons, but low durability and cover area. the 13 armors idea sounds a bit complex. we have only 3 hitzones right now, and what you want is 9. there wouldn't even be any point since the hitzones would be so small you can't aim for one of them.

Thats to many equipment slots, theres no point... and as previously stated the hitzones would be so small as to be pointless.

Gloves are nessicary, I agree, but we don't need seperate armor for each leg and each arm and each hand.

Bucklers could be interesting though they would have to be employed differently than shields to maintain realism - the idea of a buckler is to deflect the shock of a weapon rather than absorb it.

Regarding additional slots, it would be nice to actually have weapons that are in your other slots visible when in combat, so you don't reveal your pike from nowhere.

Saw the new batman, and yes, those would be wicked. Folks, they're basically two small steel hooks that proteck the wrist and upper forarms.

13 wear locations? I'm not into that too much. I've seen too many games with stuff like that in them. It's a given if you're wearing a pair of boots, you have them one on each foot.

First off, i've posted about different types of armor a while back. My point is, you wouldn't even need new hit zones. Left leg, Right leg, and boots add up to give your lower hit location AC. Gloves, left and right arms, shoulders, and chest add together to give you your middle hit location AC, and so forth. It would certainly make equipping your character more fun, as right now there's only 2 different body armors, 1 head, and 1 boot worth getting...if you don't care how your character looks. Black helm, Black Boots, and either Black armor or leather jerkin for the chest. Don't you think this needs some improvement?

Hi, I'm new :grin: anyway, here's my thoughts:

13 may be a bit overboard, but more might be nice.

1 head (cap/helm)

2 chest (clothes/armor)

3 legs (boots)

4 legs (greaves) -- greaves are totally seperate from boots but are never worn w/o them. If you really wanted to you could combine these two. but I think it would be cool to have them seperate.

5 hands (gloves/bracers/gauntlets)

6 weapon in hand

7 secondary weapon on belt

8 shield in hand

9 quiver and ranged weapon (bow or crossbow)

Everything that is not a weapon does not need to just add to AC. For example, boots could add slightly to running speed. Items could also decrease from your character in certain combinations. For example, wearing clunky gauntlets would not be nearly as good of a chooice for an archer as, say, a set of bracers. With this example, the clunky gautlets could decrease archery or throwing proficiencies. A great helm may take away from your seeing range due to poor visability. There are many possabilities for things like this.

Most medieval armor was made in complete suits. Wearing a chainmail gauntlet, a leather glove, a plate boot, a moth bitten sock, platemail leggings and a peasant shirt together would be ridiculous. Helmet, Chest, Gauntlets and boots is easily enough.

I haven't seen the movie either... but I'm almost certain you aren't thinking of a buckler. Probably either braces or gauntlets. And I agree that you don't really need more than Head, Boots (Legs? Summoner has them...), Body and Gloves. Even a cape slot is iffy, because although it would be cool, it doesn't really have any practical benefit and putting proper soft body physics into anything is a nightmare, I don't think the programmers would appreciate the addition.

The Pope said:
Most medieval armor was made in complete suits. Wearing a chainmail gauntlet, a leather glove, a plate boot, a moth bitten sock, platemail leggings and a peasant shirt together would be ridiculous. Helmet, Chest, Gauntlets and boots is easily enough.

I agree with that.

But I would like to see weapons about your person while they're not equipped. I think the best way to do that would be to have a weapon slot at each hip (I'm surprised that the quivers are carried in a hunter stye, on the back, rather than an archer style, at the hip, but with this system we could choose, I suppose) and a shield/bow/big sword slot on your back. Yet, that means one less slot than we have currently. I suppose you could have a knife sheath attached to your lower leg, but still- I am currently using a set-up with quite a few axes. That's a fighting axe, a double-bladed axe and eight throwing axes (one large bag.) I also have a shield to be equipped with the fighting axe or the throwing axes. If we used the idea I have proposed I would not be able to carry both the shield and that big axe. I'd be prepared to accept it though.

Also, just how did people carry a crossbow when they weren't holding it? With a strap and worn across the back? Or did they just start with their crossbow and drop it and use a melee weapon if things got close?

The Pope said:

The only case I can think of in which a man would have mixed armor is if he's a mercenary and picked armorpiece off the dead and had them modified so that they fit him.

Mooncabbage said:
I haven't seen the movie either... but I'm almost certain you aren't thinking of a buckler. Probably either braces or gauntlets.

They were bracers that could be used as bucklers. Ideal for archers. They could be also used as a weapon of REEEEAALLLY short range and low damage. As they had blades in them.

Bracers are a good idea as well as thumb rings for archers.

As for armour pieces. Head, torso, arms, legs, and feet are probably a decent division.

Bracers etc. would be extra and may require that you forfeit arm armour.

A melee attack would be nice. Perhaps a permanent dagger slot that does not count towards your weapon total?

As for all weapons appearing on you, it would be bloody hard to draw a full pike on a person all the time.

an archer would wear bracers on one arm, because without it, when he released an arrow, the string could rub against his wrist, and after repeated firings, it would really start to hurt.

I'm not sure what thumb rings are for, but i think they're to somehow hook or grip the string while the arrow's drawn back.

Haven't seen the movie yet, I thought the 1989 Batman was good but I hope this new batman isn't wearing Wonder Woman's bracers, he doesn't deflect bullets with them does he? "You want to get nuts? Let's get nuts." Michael Keaton was good and I thought he was a strange choice for the role, but after watching the other actors trying to be Batman he was the best. Val Kilmer was an awesome Doc Holiday but every Batman movie since the '89 version was crap I hope I like this new one.

Breaking a katana is good, I read the comic book "Batman Year One." by Frank Miller and I liked it, I just felt a little nervous when I was watching TV and the Batmobile was some clunky monstrosity. It looks more like an earthmover than a batmobile. I also hope that there is no Robin in the movie unless its a female. I hate trying to argue that Batman ain't gay when I'm fighting against overwhelming evidence.

Back
Top Bottom