Hmm gore

Users who are viewing this thread

david2609

Recruit
I dunno why but as i was in a battle on horse back i suddenly thought of those movies with heads being cut off, maybe for #2 if your not ready for them yet...?

You're not alone in thinking that a little more gore might not be out of place in the game. Others have suggested it also, some time back.

It's not my thing (additional gore) but I wouldn't mind having a few more dramatic battle animations and the occasional spectacular kill. Used very sparingly it would, IMO, be more effective than splashing blood and guts galore.

We could, I would think, turn it off by making it optional.

Not a bad suggestion. I like it.

Following from what Jonathan suggested about the "occassional spectacular kill", perhaps the decapitated AI can be limited to the occassion when the final damage dealt exceeded a certain threshold on the head hitzone.

The arrows and spears sticking on dead bodies are a nice touch. If we have the ability to lob off heads, that will be neat.

The Japanese are into the custom of collecting heads as war trophies, so that might also be something for the Daimyo War modders to consider LOL

In addition to decapitation and other severed appendages, i'd like to see blood stain the ground. Like, if i chop someones head off, i want to see some blood spurt onto the tree behind him, and stay there :twisted: If i slice somebody's chest open i'd like to see a little blood fly and stain the grass, or float in the river. Nothing extreem or unrealistic, just a little bit would be nice i think.

if you ended up slashing someone across the chest, something beyond blood would spill out :wink:

something for vikings to, they would take an enemy's head and put amber on it (causing a coat to form, preventing decomposition) and show it off to visitors

JohnathanStrange said:
That would be cool, I'd would love piranhas eating the dead.

I'll presume you've played Giants:Citizen Kabuto.

I'm also in support of more gore, a lot more.

More blood would be good, particularly blood from injuries etc. Not sure I want to see severed heads, aplattered entrails and flying limbs but yes more blood on the battlefield would add realism.

I vote for more gore also. I generally wouldn't mind limps falling of where ever you cut. Would be cool to slash of some knights arm or leg. It would be even cooler if you actually could get covered in blood, not just your own but the blood of those you cut down also, especially your sword or axe.

but, of course its a fact that it can get too violent for the younger ones. It just a shame really because it keeps the game from becoming even more realistic.

actually, it would be cool if grass marks was added to the game. You know when the horses are running, they would leave marks in the grass and maybe loop up grassbits and earth, it would all make the game more alive.

guffe333 said:
but, of course its a fact that it can get too violent for the younger ones. It just a shame really because it keeps the game from becoming even more realistic.

The solution here seems simple, you have an option to toggle gore on and off. Ultimately its a parents responsibility to oversee their children when playing games or watching TV.

The developers responsibility is to help the parents making their decision. And a toggle box would do that.

Should "younger ones" be playing a medieval combat simulator? Or should they be playing sonic the hedgehog instead? Parents choice I reckon.

More realsim for me please.

guffe333 said:
actually, it would be cool if grass marks was added to the game. You know when the horses are running, they would leave marks in the grass and maybe loop up grassbits and earth, it would all make the game more alive.

Actually I really like the idea. It's small details like this and blood that really contribute to realsim imo. However, I shudder at having to buy a new rig and top end graphics card in order to play the game. Ultimately though yes - I would love to see it.

just put a rating of about 15 saying it includes violence and stuff, i think that not many people far below that age will play it anyway

Blood trails would be a nice touch. Seeing your opponent backpeddling from a vicious wounding, trailing blood would be nice. :twisted: Also, seeing said victim stagger and fall dead due to loss of blood would be an added touch. But that's another story.

Raed

I'd love to see enhanced gore, would really make it feel much more medieval to see missing limbs and rivers of blood

I agree. I would like to see killing blows remove limbs or cause massive spurts of blood (Depending on where the killing blow was landed.) I like gore, not because I like to see people suffer but because I love realism and cutting someone's chest open with a breidox is not going to just make a little spatter of blood.

Yeah! At least this game could use some more blood (for that more medival look). Perhaps someone could then turn that blood into some pixiedust (or something similar) in a fantasy-modification :razz:

Choppable limbs would allso be great, if they wouldn't fall off by piercing with a sword (or similar weapon) or hacking with it in a upright-angle :wink:

Harr-the-Ruskie said:
The Japanese are into the custom of collecting heads as war trophies, so that might also be something for the Daimyo War modders to consider LOL

Still? I must remember not to piss them off :razz:

I think a small amount more gore could be good, to add a sense of realism, and perhaps the occasional beheading, or simulation for exceptional damage, though making this commonplace would detract from the 'novelty' of it.

I also shudder at the thought of having to upgrade graphics cards and the like for the cost of a bit more gore.

Jez XxX

yeh, thats what i meant. it should have this sort of thing but it is rare so that when it does happen it isnt always expected and gives the player a bit of a nice surprise :grin:

Back
Top Bottom