Weapon/Armour Durability

Users who are viewing this thread

Ildur

Recruit
I think the armor could break if getting too much hits, and weapongs too if used too much.

And it could be the same thing with shields.

But why not have some type of blacksmith in party too, witch can repare armor after combat, when holding Space? If traveling they can't repare, but if waiting they could. And the more blacksmiths the faster they get repared!!!

How about it?

(arrows should still be restocked, thats great)

i dont know i dont think thats really needed it really matters, i wouldnt wanta have to haul around a blacksmith everywhere i got to get my weapons fixed...

:smile: Well, repairing weapons with blacksmiths has been suggested a few times before so you're not alone on that idea. However, having blacksmiths traveling with your party (and taking up valuable party slots)?
Not so great an idea, especially as we're never far from a city with a blacksmith that we would need to hire one to travel with us.

I like the idea though of repairing weapons since it wouldn't be tedious to get to a smith, and we've plenty of money to pay for repairs anyway.

I would repeat my previous suggestion that blacksmiths:

* repair weapons/shield
* create named custom weapons ("Ganzo's Hammer," "Kniggit's Mace")
* fashion unique shield insignia (that is, we get to choose our heraldic symbols)
* forge special armor (no, not magical mithril armor, but something not standard issue, something unique.)

And some of these might be limited to only a few smiths who specialize in the harder to create items.

Since there are smiths at all the towns right now, damaged weapons and armor could be taken there for repairs.

Without getting into the whole idea for blacksmiths all over again, I think it would be interesting to add things like:

*have blacksmiths able to fashion custom weapons, armor, banners, and shields

*R

I just think that in general, blacksmiths should sell low quality wares, like every armour type up to leather jerkin, and all the crude blunt weapons and spears and stuff.

If you wanted a good weapon that wasn't chipped or rusted, you could ask they guy to make one especially for you. check bak in a few days, and you a brand spanking new set of armour, or some mean sword, and a hefty bill.

I like the idea of blacksmith's repairing weapons and or armor but then again, I am a realism freak. I just don't see how a shield goes down in 10 hits but your chipped arming sword can parry blow after blow and keep on kicking. Perhaps as weapons take damage or wear from the elements a normal arming sword could become chipped or rusted and require repairs or eventually break (Sort of like how when your horse goes down it can become crippled or die.) *Shrugs* Just an idea. And I love the idea of specialized shields and equipment.

I don't really like the idea of weapons breaking in battle, maybe there should be a way to disarm those excessive parryers instead? Also I find the idea of a little hatchet fully blocking a swing from a greataxe really stupid, perhaps the bigger weapons could have a chance of "going through" the parry due to sheer weight and strength? You could make the chance of going through dependent on power strike, or maybe a new skill.

Well, those are my stupid ideas.

One weapon I would like to have hp like the shields is the lance, or any one handed pole weapon you can couch. I have a hard time imagining such weapons surviving to more than a few full speed charge. Knight used to change of lance every tilts. As the lance is a one hit kill weapon, I doubt people would stop using them, it would just make back-up weapons far more useful.

Back
Top Bottom