LSP Medieval 3D Art Sly's Armour Pack WIP

Users who are viewing this thread

If you are a noob like me, and you do not want to dirty yourself over learning the Module System, than I suggest using Morgh's Warband Script Editor. It allows you to easily edit troops, items, and party scripts in a very organized chart. I use that editor to replace the vanilla items with my own and other peoples' creations, and you can see the results in some of my pictures. Don't forget to use OpenBRF to view the names and mesh, so that you know what mesh to use.

Still working on that Spangen Helmet, I gotta finish the textures for it, and then I'll hopefully upload it tonight. I will provide two versions of the Spangen Helmet. One version will have an aventail chain maille, and the other will have a coif.

Count of Flanders said:
I'd like to see this one:

helmz.png
I'd like to see all of those in the mod but especially the one you pointed out.

usnavy30 said:
Chuckpalomo said:
Besides saying that helmet looks sweet, which it does, anyone care to explain how to install it? that goes for all item packs in general, and trust me I wouldn't be asking if I had found one decent tutorial out there. I tried guessing on my own and ended up messing some of the old textures. Help plox?
I'll take a gander at your post

Remember: this is a modder's resource, not a mod itself.

highly recommended programs:
Peazip/WinZip
openBRF
notepad++ or similar for editing file details

First download the pack
You must have a extracting program like Peazip and know how to use it to extract the zipped file once downloaded

The contents in the Resource folder goes into the Resource Folder of the Module you are working with

The contents in the Textures folder goes into the Textures Folder of the Module you are working with
also for Textures you must go into the module.ini file in the Module folder and set the resource to load to show up correctly in openBRF program: in module.ini while editing in notepad or a similar program: load_mod_resource = mod_resource_OSP (where mod_resource_OSP is the actual name of the BRF file so in this example it would be: load_mod_resource = sly_armour  this will load the resource in openBRF program.
To add ingame you will have to learn to edit the in-module item_kinds1 .txt file or the more preffered method of mine is coding them in by pythonic coding of modding. (Go to the forge board on this site to learn more)

Hope this helps it is really technical stuff.
Ok, ok, I know its been a long time since my post, but I've been tinkering with the files and I think I undertand things a bit better than before, and since some resourse packs already come with values for item1_kinds  I don't need to make my own all the time (unfortunately this one doesn't, but one step at a time). what I don't understand is what module_items.py does, I've heard people mention it but I don't know what that file is or where it is, but I also was given values for that one so I assume I have to edit something in it too. Care to shed some light?

usnavy30 said:
highly recommended programs:
Peazip/WinZip
openBRF
notepad++ or similar for editing file details

also for Textures you must go into the module.ini file in the Module folder and set the resource to load to show up correctly in openBRF program: in module.ini while editing in notepad or a similar program: load_mod_resource = mod_resource_OSP (where mod_resource_OSP is the actual name of the BRF file so in this example it would be: load_mod_resource = sly_armour  this will load the resource in openBRF program.
:oops: I fell really stupid for asking this question, but here goes:

I have the module system and 7zip, is it possible to install without openBRF?

Why? You cant use openBRF?

If so then here's how:
Edit with notepad/++

module file in the module folder:
(it's just called a text file named "module" and has a little gear icon)
load_mod_resource = sly_armour

usnavy30 said:

If so then here's how:
Edit with notepad/++

Thanks!!!

In answer to your question, I don't have open BRF, and I'm too lazy to download stuff from mb repository, which has very slow downloads. Also, my computer doesn't have that good of memory space so I prefer not to download stuff I won't use that often.

usnavy30 said:

If so then here's how:
Edit with notepad/++

What are the mesh names so I can add them to the game? (sorry for the stupid questions)

geonese_salet (is the Salet)
geonese_salet_with_coif (also Salet)
geonese_salet_with_coif.1 (Coif for Salet)
Spangen_Helmet (Spangen Inner)
Spangen_Helmet.1 (Spangen Outer)

To be honest it confused me a bit, lol. Not used to seeing stuff seperated like that, not sure if it was an extracting issue on my part, or what.

Lanister said:
geonese_salet (is the Salet)
geonese_salet_with_coif (also Salet)
geonese_salet_with_coif.1 (Coif for Salet)
Spangen_Helmet (Spangen Inner)
Spangen_Helmet.1 (Spangen Outer)

To be honest it confused me a bit, lol. Not used to seeing stuff seperated like that, not sure if it was an extracting issue on my part, or what.

Yeah... Whats the difference between spangen inner and spangen outer?

So my question is:

Would this work?
Code:
["spangen", "Spangen Helmet", [("Spangen_Helmet",0)], itp_merchandise| itp_type_head_armor,0, 110 , weight(1.0)|abundance(30)|head_armor(42)|body_armor(0)|leg_armor(0)|difficulty(0) ,imodbits_none ],
Or this?
Code:
["spangen", "Spangen Helmet", [("Spangen_Helmet.1",0)], itp_merchandise| itp_type_head_armor,0, 110 , weight(1.0)|abundance(30)|head_armor(42)|body_armor(0)|leg_armor(0)|difficulty(0) ,imodbits_none ],
Or this?
Code:
["spangen", "Spangen Helmet", [("Spangen_Helmet","Spangen_Helmet.1")], itp_merchandise| itp_type_head_armor,0, 110 , weight(1.0)|abundance(30)|head_armor(42)|body_armor(0)|leg_armor(0)|difficulty(0) ,imodbits_none ],

The difference is that some face shaders are smoothed. Some face shade is not smoothed. When I imported my mesh into openBRF it seperated those parts. Just ignore the .1 at the end.

Slytacular said:
The difference is that some face shaders are smoothed. Some face shade is not smoothed. When I imported my mesh into openBRF it seperated those parts. Just ignore the .1 at the end.

Ok yeah its working now. :grin:

Great helmets, also, the
Slytacular said:
The Geonese Crossbowman Sallet
is perfect for the Rhodoks. :smile:

I do too think the sallet goes well with the Rhodoks. Italian armour fits well with Rhodoks and the Germanic armour fits well with Swadia.

I decided to spend the entire day working on the spiral-fluted kettle hat. My texturing sucked first ttry, and the fluted pattern isn't emphasized enough to show. Surprisingly, UV mapping was not too difficult, and the raw mesh itself looks great.

Slytacular said:
I do too think the sallet goes well with the Rhodoks. Italian armour fits well with Rhodoks and the Germanic armour fits well with Swadia.

I decided to spend the entire day working on the spiral-fluted kettle hat. My texturing sucked first ttry, and the fluted pattern isn't emphasized enough to show. Surprisingly, UV mapping was not too difficult, and the raw mesh itself looks great.

Haha I think its good that it fits perfectly with the Rhodoks because then its easy to put right into the game. (I'm using it in my mod :smile:)

That new helmet is good, looking forward to putting it into my mod!

Back
Top Bottom