Ban Request [Jean_Luc_Picard)

Users who are viewing this thread

The lack of admins on servers leads to some ridiculous situations from trolls and griefers. I'd like to propose a ban request for a player Jean_Luc_Picard.

Yesterday i was playing full invasion. That guy repeatedly walked over people's bed and thus made it impossible to heal. He walked over my bed, i told him to stop doing that - he just called me "mad kid" and continued doing that whenever i tried to heal myself. Okay, that was a rude joke, but bearable - i walked over his bed one time myself in revenge (he did it 3 times btw).

Today on FI2_Official after i proposed to change maps from lotr to something else, he started insulting me and then, apparently made a ban poll alongside with Elridge (or maybe someone else) player. They tried to ban me twice (for "Speedhacking" which was just an excuse) and both time failed. Here are some screenshots. Unfortunately i didn't make any screenshots of the ban poll itself, but i think if admins actually check the server log, they'd see that.

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z27/Ruyga/mb1.jpg
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z27/Ruyga/mb2.jpg

I demand a ban for him, because, obviously he's a troll and bad person, who doesn't care about other players' well being (i.e being able to enjoy the mode), or just a griefer.

A griefer is a player in a multiplayer video game who deliberately irritates and harasses other players within the game, using aspects of the game in unintended ways. A griefer derives pleasure primarily or exclusively from the act of annoying other users, and as such is a particular nuisance in online gaming communities, since griefers often cannot be deterred by penalties related to in-game goals.

And you really want to get some admins doing their job. So many trolls, griefers and other ****heads, who should never be allowed to enter servers again.

This is exactly why i want poll bans disabled it does more harm then good mostly as you can see. Keep them disabled so the admins can deal with them.

People should not walk over beds, it is a small trolling annoyance but that doesn't mean fight fire with fire in this case, it will cause a wildfire of grief for everyone.

Trolls should be kicked on sight (KoS) when they troll but not banned on sight. Save banning for the most infamous and nefarious trolls. When someone gets banned, they are 90% of the time pissed off and very angry and demand for a unban.

I assume this happened when i was away doing more coding.

The admins and us devs try our best to deal with these situations but always be the better person and let admins deal with it.

Must we make a guide saying how to play the mod and or game? Must we make a code of conduct?

usnavy30 said:
People should not walk over beds, it is a small trolling annoyance but that doesn't mean fight fire with fire in this case, it will cause a wildfire of grief for everyone.

Trolls should be kicked on sight (KoS) when they troll but not banned on sight. Save banning for the most infamous and nefarious trolls. When someone gets banned, they are 90% of the time pissed off and very angry and demand for a unban.

I can't see any reason to be soft on them. All that is expected from a player is to be reasonable. To be adequate. That means no walking over beds (intentionally) and not griefing in any way (poll banning other people out of whim, obstructing the gameplay etc). That doesn't sound hard to me at all, in fact it just means NOT to be a douche. Which most players can comply to. So why be soft on those, who think "they are special"? So their whimsical desire to get some laugh and to troll is more important than other people's want to play a good game with a good team? I don't think so.

Basically, if you go soft on one griefer, others will appear. And mostly the new ones are former "victims" as they see that there's no admin support.

If they're pissed off, they should look back at what they were doing, while griefing and trolling other people. They should get unban after, say, an unban essay. This way people get educated on WHAT you CAN do and what you CAN'T do much faster than just a kick on sight.

Yes, you should create a guide and a code of conduct. And make more admins. And rules, because FI is very fun now, but somehow chaotic.

Back
Top Bottom