Horse health

Users who are viewing this thread

I truly hate not knowing when my horse is about to collapse, and I really need to know this. I'm sure that others also find not having a horse in the battlefield mean suicide or instant death. Specially if you have heavy armor and can't move fast enough or if you have light armor and get chopped up pretty good.

I did search, but stopped looking after the first few pages, my apologies if this has been mentioned. But I would love to see the health of my horse along with the shield and character health. Maybe it wasn't implemented earlier to save up space and view? But I'm just saying that having this is very useful :smile:. Not knowing when your horse will fail on you means that you would charge into 5+ enemies absolutely sure that your bardiche(spelling is definately wrong, my bad) will cut them up, but then find out that your horse had less than 5 HP and die surrounded with no way of turning back :sad: and not knowing why you had to make the stupid move of charging with a horse with less than 10hp. Why not just get off the horse instead and walk into your own death :???:

I agree, but although this has been sugested before, i can't recall any conclusion being made. It seems that usually horses have 60-70 hp, so i end up having to add up the damage its taken throughout the battle, and when it gets close to 60, either back off or fight on foot. Some people thought that displaying a horses health would hurt the realism of the game...and so i propose this. Rather than directly stating its hp, display different damage states, which could be realistically observed in real life. So, if it has 90% hp or more, it says something like "Healthy", if its 70-89%, have it display "Minor injuries" or something like that. You get the idea.

Well since I already made a topic, I'll put a few suggestions here and go off topic in my own topic :oops:.

1.Enhanced tournament. The ability to choose your weapon, or better yet, different types of games in the tournament with different types of fighting/weapons. For example, the lance competition, with lances only. Also, it's not fair to go against 2 ranged enemies, when you and your teamate have a heavy sword with no shield. I often find this frustrating and boring. I think the tourney definately needs more work(not offending the devs or anything here). Maybe even create a "championship" thing, requiring to travel to different towns to compete. I don't even know if this is possible now in the game, I don't know coding or game engines or anything.

2.More class bonuses. You know the "Before you took the life of adventurer you used to be a?" line. Well I suggest that the different "classes" get additional bonuses other than starting inventory and skills. And then maybe when you advance in the game items/goods/whatever you think of, become available only to your class.

3.Hero-only items. It explains itself I think? Also, more heroes, I've only found 2 so far. Yes I know this isn't the final version of the game :wink:.

4.More ways of making money. There are definately a lot of more stuff that can be added to this game. But I'm no expert :wink:.

5.More towns. Has already been discussed.

6.Please work on the world map. The rivers don't look like rivers, and the part where ocean meets land is just a line dividing blue and green. Again, I'm not offending any work that has been put into the game. This is the only game I play right now, and is very good indeed.

7.More classes would be nice. I'm not saying 10 more classes. But maybe 2-3 would do it, don't you think? :grin:

I have a lot more suggestions in my head, but they take a while to come "together." Plus a lot of my ideas have already been disccused :/.

EDIT: An idea just came to my head:

8.More terrain types. I'm sure that grasslands, trees, and mountains aren't the only thing in the world of Calradia.

Horse health has never been an issue for me, after you build your computer dude up a bit and start making money it really only hurts if you cripple a charger. But you can keep a spare warhorse in the inventory.

1.Enhanced tournament. The ability to choose your weapon, or better yet, different types of games in the tournament with different types of fighting/weapons. For example, the lance competition, with lances only. Also, it's not fair to go against 2 ranged enemies, when you and your teamate have a heavy sword with no shield. I often find this frustrating and boring. I think the tourney definately needs more work(not offending the devs or anything here). Maybe even create a "championship" thing, requiring to travel to different towns to compete. I don't even know if this is possible now in the game, I don't know coding or game engines or anything.

i agree and the championship thing with a big payoff or really good armor/weapon

Some people thought that displaying a horses health would hurt the realism of the game

Why is it realistic to know the health of your shield and not your horse?
Your horse is a living animal, your trusty steed, your constant companion. You eat with it, you sleep beside it, you fight as one.
Your shield is a piece of dead wood.
Of course you should know how injured your horse is, not only is it very important in combat but it IS realistic.

Why is it realistic to know the health of your shield and not your horse?
Your horse is a living animal, your trusty steed, your constant companion. You eat with it, you sleep beside it, you fight as one.
Your shield is a piece of dead wood.
Of course you should know how injured your horse is, not only is it very important in combat but it IS realistic.

Well not really , i mean a horse drop's when it feel's like it. One horse might get shot through the neck and die. Yet another might and keep running.

Although i totally agree with the system of having a message display how hurt it is.

PS: I saw an arrow sticking in my sumpter horse's ass befor. Only wish i
got a screenie :razz:

Oh and Achillie's , Wait until level 20+ , there definatly doesn't need more thing's to get money. And if your finding thing's to easy , turn battle size up to full and ai on good , and dmg normal. That make's it more "interesting".

I disagree with the idea for easyier money though. By level 25 playing on easy , I had a full black plate suit. Warhorse , War bow , And Sword of War.

Imagine level 50?

I agree money is too easy to come by later in the game, but it is very hard at the beginning. I mean, 5k for a 2handed sword of any quality? ahh! Not sure how to accomplish this exactly, but it should be a bit easier to equip yourself early on, but harder than it is now to become uber rich late game. Kind of smooth it out a bit in terms of buying power.

WipperSnipper said:
Oh and Achillie's , Wait until level 20+ , there definatly doesn't need more thing's to get money. And if your finding thing's to easy , turn battle size up to full and ai on good , and dmg normal. That make's it more "interesting".

I disagree with the idea for easyier money though. By level 25 playing on easy , I had a full black plate suit. Warhorse , War bow , And Sword of War.

Imagine level 50?

I never said an easier way to get money, I said more ways to get money. I do have battle size to the max, although that dmg reduced 1/2. I never said it was easy or hard, just said that more ways to get more money would make the game funner. Perhaps money should be a lot harder to attain. Just my opinion :wink:

I like the fact that you dont know exactly when your horse is going to kark it.
It makes the game more interesting. You normally have a pretty fair idea by the amount of damage points its taken during the fight and I noticed the horse seems to get redder as it takes hits too which can also let you know things are getting serious.

Sure , sometimes you get your trusty steed knocked out from under right in the middle of it but then thats half the fun right there.
There's nothing sweeter then losing your horse, battling your way through a bunch of foot soldiers, taking a horseman out and pinching his horse : )

If we end up with having stats for everything it will take all of the guesswork out of the game.

You just brought the thread that I created almost a year ago :lol.

Anyway...I see your point.

I usually gauge how damaged my horse is by turning on the damage display on from the options screen.  Whenever your horse takes damage a message alerts you to the amount.

Like someone mentioned, a horse can just drop down at any one time. Likewise, an arrow through the ass would not really do much damage to the horse, whereas currently in the game you can kill a horse by doing exactly that - which is very annoyingly unrealistic in my oppinion.

However, rather than a health bar, I personally would prefer a stamina bar, whose decrease would roughly tell you how badly off your horse is - whether he is just exhausted, badly wounded or both. This is explained in more detail in the Enhancing Horses thread. Quite a fair bit, hence I won't type the whole thing out again..

Having said that, we can start by having more realistically visible blood ::grin:

Back
Top Bottom