You know, I thought about sending this topic in a PM to Armagan.
Because I think these are just plain incredible ideas.
Ingolifs, with all the thought you put in to this, I can't believe you have not been asked to join their team.
I also read, and loved, your ideas.
It's like all the ideas I've had, but could never explain properly.
Anyway, in the tavern, I'd like to see a lot of people around talking to each other. You know, make it seem more, alive, for lack of a better word.
I also agree with the other thing you said. I do hate when I take time to post a well thought idea, only for it to get ignored because people are too lazy to read.
Edit: I had some ideas, how do these sound? Though I know a lot are mainly wishful thinking.
I think going out to kill people is great and all, but it gets dull very fast.
Here's my general game experience:
1) Go to town
2) Get equipment, most of which still sucks badly
3) Go fight a party
5) Repeat first 4 steps until you die.
So this is what I think would be great.
1) More things in cities, other than getting rather bad equipment from a trader, and getting supplies, there is nothing to do.
2) Have people doing things in taverns. Maybe have some people with props on the table they are sitting at, and people standing around talking. (Talking when there are more voices in game)
3) Lets hope I word this right. More things going on while walking through town, see people doing random things.
4) Let the arena have an impact on the locals view on you. Say you win 20 fights in a row, and then people you talk to would say how cool that last fight was.
5) Better equipment in towns.
I know a lot of this is just wishful thinking for now, but I don't know how people can get into the game fully, when it gets dull after doing the same thing, and seeing the same thing, for the 1000 time.
Any comments on things that will make the game world feel more alive?
I thought of something.
In the beginning when it is hard to get an army and fight battles, why not join an existing army?
I would not mind being a part of an NPCs army until I can get my own troops. Imagine this:
You can ask someone if you can join their party for awhile, maybe four days, and fight battles with them. They would give you commands, and you would follow them. As you gain in rank you can start to help them with tactics, and even stay with them more, if you want. Then you could lead your own army, or stay with a friends party to help them. You would get paid, get specific equipment of the faction they belong to, and be able to choose what class you would be.
This is a raw idea, please leave tips to improve it, or just call me insane.
EDIT 2: An idea (mostly ramble) from the food topic.
"Yea, and start your own faction!
Get good cooking skill, ask a fellow noble to camp with you (his party joins yours for a bit) cook a good meal, and talk to the guy. Maybe ask how he thinks his king treats him, and, if influence is enough, and also when city's and fiefs can be taken, ask him to help you take a city, and start a new faction! With him as a general.
Then you can try to get more people to join your cause, and have an all out war!
Or just ask him to help you overthrow the king, giving you control of the faction, while giving the one that helped something as thanks. Battle for Sicily had this, and it was awesome. "
Don't worry, I'll hush now.