Pickup Partays!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

BinaryAznMon

Sergeant at Arms
PICK UP PARTAYZ

PICKUP PARTIES (PRONOUNCED \ PIK'-UP-PAWRTEYZ' \ ) ARE SPONTANEOUS GATHERINGS IN POM TEAMSPEAK WHERE CAPTAINS ARE CHOSEN RANDOMLY AND TEAMS ARE PICKED SCHOOLYARD STYLE. THE TWO TEAMS THEN SCRIM USING THE BIT RULESET OR A SLIGHT VARIATION OF IT. PICKUP PARTIES TEND TO BE UNFAIR, BORING, AND GENERALLY STUPID, BUT DON'T WORRY YOU'LL HAVE A BLAST.

HOW CAN I GET IN ON THIS FUN??????

NEVER FEAR, NECKBEARD, YOU TOO CAN JOIN THIS ELITE ORGANIZATION. CHECK OUT OUR SUPER STEAM GROUP. ZERO SKILLS REQUIRED, but basic game knowledge and manual blocking would be nice. BUT NOT REQUIRED. Teamspeak info is: 66.225.195.182:9988 a mic is NOT required. Simply ask any current pickup party member to be invited to the steam group.

[size=24pt]Rules specific to Partays

Since the pickup community have gotten rather large, we will have to start incorporating some loose rules to prevent everything from going to ****! Not all the rules will have a name but here is a list of the current rules to be effective immediately.

- If at any point in the scrim the difference in round points is 6 or greater, the losing captain may request to redo the team selection and restart the pickup. This decision should be made by the entire team but ultimately is the current captains call. This will count as a loss for the captain. If that particularly captain no longer wishes to play because of being stomped, then a new captain will be chosen and the pickup restarts.

- If a captain "rage quits" in the middle of a pickup, the losing team may decide to elect a new captain within their teams, or ask for a redo, in the case that the teams are balanced (skill wise) and there is 4 or less rounds left they will be required to play it out.

- A pickup party admin may veto anyones decision to be a captain in the interest of keeping the game fair and balanced as much as possible. This is to ensure we do not have experienced leaders going up against newer people. Or someone who is familiar with all the players out picking someone who isn't

- The captain of a team can request a mute on any person provided they have good reason including but not limited to disobeying orders, talking too much, excessive raging, trolling the captain, picking fights with other players, racism and background noise. An admin must be notified for this and it will be up to the admins judgement to mute the person in question. WE WILL NOT MUTE SOMEBODY BECAUSE OF HOW THEY SOUND. If you do not enjoy someones presence you can personally mute them.

- No one active in teamspeak will sit out unless the numbers are less than a 10v10, in which case they WILL come in at the swap under the team they were supposed to join

Penalties - If a person is being disruptive, and a captain brings it to an admins attention and the admin deems the person in question deserves a kick from the server, they will acquire 1 penalty point, which will be documented. Should a player get a total of 3 penalty points, they will be asked to go on a leave and be denied the ability to play for 2 weeks. Next leave will be 4 weeks, and after that it will be a ban from pickup parties.

Special thanks to:
Kush - For starting the idea of pickup parties
Unicorn - For creating this thread
King John - For helping me with the thread
Fehnor - For helping me with technical stuff both ingame and out, as well as providing an amazing server for us to play on
Bohemond - For being an amazing partner making sure pickup parties are properly administrated when I'm not there
All my captains - For being great leaders in the warband community

and all participating members in the Warband community who has supported me with this as well as making clan tags and fame irrelevant during these events​

pickupparty.png

pickuppartynoexclamatio.png

pickuppartynoexclamatio.png

Also these pickups may or maynot use human experimentation to determine the optimal gold amount as well as various other settings for the NA warband community to play with competitively  :grin:

Back
Top Bottom