The Forge PW HCRP Server

The thing Hardcore Roleplaying needs is to drop all rules?(outside of safe spawn and randomning)

• Yes

Votes: 21 80.8%
  • No

Votes: 5 19.2%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Sandeeros25

Recruit
HeaderA.png

Joinus.png

onlygameservers.com:9996

whoarewe.png
We started our server in November 2012. We are with a team of veteran PW players who loved the roleplay character of this great mod. Over time we go more and more disappointed by all the random wars and killing in the game and slowly got detached from PW.

Now we came back and started a new server, not trying to compete with the other servers, but simply trying to run a server our way; back to the roleplay and away from the "landgrab"-way of playing that has overtaken PW over time.

We currently run the map Liscannor Bay, but we are always looking for new interesting maps.

[tr]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]

benefitz.png

• Admins that want to preserve roleplaying and remove the random wars without reason from the game
  • A community voice, your opinion does matter a great deal to us
  • Roleplay focused gameplay
  • Not trying to be popular, just wants to guarantee the quality of the gameplay

admins.png

Sanderos

Duke_Althalus_of_Avanir

Viktor

Flans_The_Noobslayer

Diego_Cortez

Niall_the_Bastard

rules.png

[list type=decimal][*]Roleplay all situations*
[*]Do not attack people without roleplay(threat) or valid reason
[*]No Revenge Rule, you died which takes us to the next rule
[*]Commoners are safe in the spawn town
[*]New Life Rule*, If you die your character forgets his previous life, you won't have to leave your faction, but grievances and/or contracts you had with other players are terminated
[*]No insulting or discrimination(out of character)
[*]Wars must be:
  • Announced by messenger
  • declared at least 5 minutes prior to the first hostile acts
  • With a valid reason(further information in the footnotes)
[*]Taxing your lands or robbing is allowed up to a 1000. be reasonable when someone can't pay, don't simply kill him/her, this is a missed opportunity for RP
[*]Assassination contracts must be offered in global chat and before active verified by an admin(NLR rule does apply)
[*]Assassination contracts may be offered once every 30 minutes
[*]Commoners may be hired as mercenaries but they must join the faction hired by[/list]

Footnotes
  • Landgrab is not a valid reason for war
  • If you use the reason Bloodlust for war, you are required to declare war to all factions
  • For Roleplaying tips or explanation of the New Life Rule read Marnid's Roleplaying Tips

Maps.png

Currently we are only running the Liscannor Bay map.

We are looking for new maps, so if you have any suggestions or ideas for adding maps, feel free to contact us!

Officially supported by The Avani Gaurd and The 90th Perthshire Highlanders(NW)

You say these nice things about RolePlay, then use all the exact same rules that turned this into factionWhores in the first place. Did it occur to you that changing the admins isn't enough?

Good luck anyway.

then use all the exact same rules that turned this into factionWhores in the first place.
how about enforcing them, I do think this will take us a far way, I am trying to get some positive feedback out of this message but it is hard, maybe some pointers would be easier for me?

Sandeeros25 said:
then use all the exact same rules that turned this into factionWhores in the first place.
how about enforcing them, I do think this will take us a far way, I am trying to get some positive feedback out of this message but it is hard, maybe some pointers would be easier for me?

Axe the rules that remove the RP; that they are enforced solves nothing (this is also the promise every other server makes, if you hadn't studied t'other threads).

Trying to make PW like WoW with invisibile barriers lining play makes people bored and turns them into zombies; they rob set amounts and never post assassin contracts because the entire point of not killing someone yourself is to have it not be linked to you.

Controlling the factions in this way with rules also discourages the factions from being RPing entities, but rather groups of fools who want five minutes of grace from attack and the ability to whine and moan for admin money when they feel some element of procedure has not been properly followed to a T.

v3 had none of these rules, and indeed on RCC I rarely even saw admins (much less admin actions). We had lots of RP and I was genuinely immersed on several occassions, because we rolled with everything that was happening IC.

Admins are not Dungeon Masters, I'm afraid, and cannot exactly babysit a server-- nor can I think of any RPers who would want that, just people who spend their whole time serfing to buy plate.

If you don't mind my asking, when exactly did "you and your friends" start and stop playing PW?

EDIT: For some perspective, this server had a lot of RP http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,235192.msg5626144.html#msg5626144

Azrayel the RP rules have gone so far as to even eliminate faction warfare as a valid method of play. All people do now is rob and serf. There's literally nothing but that any more.

As soon as the rules preventing serfs from having an invisible barrier of protection from everything are lifted, people will need to actually play the game to accomplish anything rather than call an admin every time they get approached by the outlaw they plan to be once they finish mining.

Thanks for the support (kind of) Splintert, but I see your point Azrayel, both of you, but should we just sit back and let it happen or try to get our mod back. the roleplay that we loved!

and in reply to your question Azrayel, it would indeed be around the v4b2 time.

Personally I hope I can contact you in 4/5 months and tell you I managed it, but of course I know it will be really hard and may not even depend on my efforts, but I am willing to try!

Sandeeros25 said:
Personally I hope I can contact you in 4/5 months and tell you I managed it, but of course I know it will be really hard and may not even depend on my efforts, but I am willing to try!

Then do not sabotage yourself out of the gates! Splintert's point was these rules end in nothing but miserable stagnation.

If you would like to create an RP conducive server, consider why other servers aren't RP conducive-- because I can guarantee it has nothing to do with faction wars, which hardly ever happen at this point but which has done nothing to make the mod more RP-friendly.

"If you don't mind my asking, when exactly did "you and your friends" start and stop playing PW?"

I been playing PW for more then 2 years now, I played on the first Rcc server i played on Eu i played on Na i played on United and i have played on Hcrp i have played on Eua and i have played on the now Rcc .I'm one of the first Pw players  And i have never stopped.

Like Azrayel said, you can't have your players behaving in a different way if the rules are the same. What is your target public? Everyone or a specific group? If you only want RPers (specific) then you must have specific rules or none at all, because this group is more inclined to act in the manner you expect.

You know what the best rules are for a true roleplay server?

None. Well, with the exception of spawnkilling and trolling. Responsible players will know what is right and what is not. If there isn't mass chaos on your server, then the quality of the players is what your server is attempting to attract.

Anyways, I'll give it a try before bashing it. If it's up and running, I'll be online a little later.

Edit: Flans_the_Noobslayer is an admin on a server attempting to "forge" a serious roleplaying community? Goodness gracious me...

If you have nothing good to say shut it.I can role play when i want.I choose  not to Role play with people like you.

Now plz stop messing this thread up.

Was on the server for a couple of hours today. So far, so good. One faction was dominating the population and they declared war on two other factions simultaneously without giving a reason in global. I then asked them for the reason and they stated they had given it on TS. I then asked them to type it in global because I wasn't on TS and they did. Apparently it had something to do with one of my faction mates killing another faction member (who wasn't in the faction who declared war). So the faction that declared war declared war on the factions of both people involved in the fight. Seemed like kind of a ridiculous reason to declare a war, but they simply killed the people they said were causing trouble and then declared peace. On pretty much every other server, I'm sure they would have claimed castles.

Barradin said:
Flans_the_Noobslayer is an admin on a server attempting to "forge" a serious roleplaying community? Goodness gracious me...

Rules also apply for him... If at any time I believe his roleplay is not good enough or he misbehaves, I will take action!
For now he is an experienced PW player who offered his help and I took it! I wish more people were as optimistic about this as he is about this server.

Looking at this thread so far I only see people attacking each other, just like in-game. Please give positive feedback(which can be about negative things) and else it is just pointless,
surely we have reached the age where we can understand that, I love criticism, please give me as much as I can get it! then I have info I can take somewhere. Like SpruceTrap:
One faction was dominating the population and they declared war on two other factions simultaneously without giving a reason in global. I then asked them for the reason and they stated they had given it on TS.
The person in question has been ranted at, and sees the point of this rule and I doubt he'll break it ever again

Very well, I will be visiting this server within the next two hours. Perhaps I will bring a few friends with me and see if this server has any potential to be a roleplaying server.

Perhaps a password and application system to be given access to the server will ensure that riff raff doesn't find itself on your server. Although it proved to be ineffective for United HCRP, giving it another test run couldn't hurt.

I am online right now.

Your server is empty, no players but myself. The only thing I can say as of right now is that I enjoy the current map. I suppose I will try again when there are more players online.

Back
Top Bottom