Mount and blade save file gone

Users who are viewing this thread

robwarrior

Recruit
I have been playing mount and blade for a while and am around level 20 something, then yesterday i played the other mount and blades and warband online. Now today i went to play mount and blade and my save file isnt there :sad:. I checked mount and blade saved games and it says its empty :sad:

I mean when you start up warband and you're on the menu, there's a drop down list that lists what mods you have in your module folder. If you load a different module or mod you won't be able to load your save games from another module or mod.

But like you said you weren't running any mods so that's probably not the problem.

However there was an update a while back that might have been responsible for the missing files. Might have moved them or something.
What you can do is go to your documents and then Mount&Blade Warband Savegames. There you'll have some corresponding folders for each module you have.  In your case you should only see native.  Open that up and see if there's txt files in there named sg00, sg01, sg02 and so on depending on however many saves you had.

Lemme know what you find.

when i go my computer<c< mount and blade savegames theres the folder is empty. ( i was playing the oringinal m@b

I have had this problem when playing Prophesy of Pendor. I had persistent errors when trying to save the game, then one day all files were gone from my saves directory. Very irritating when you have invested a lot of time in a game. If the current save only had disappeared I would have guessed it was a write error but the backup file was gone too.

I started a new game and started to get the save errors again so I looked in the save directory while the game was running. I thought I would backup up my save file but it was locked by F-Secure. I wasn't aware that I was running F-Secure and found it had been installed by BT as part of their Cloud storage. I have since found that F-Secure will quietly remove files it doesn't like. I removed it as I prefer to control my own computer. It may be that the save files look like some kind of virus signature. I later discovered that F-Secure quarantines the files it removes. I might have been able to recover the files if I had tried.

Other anti-virus software may also dislike your save files.

The fact that the backup file was gone too does suggest an active process removing the files rather than a failed write. I can't prove anything conclusively but it might be a thread to pull on if you have similar problems.

I now start my M &B from a batch script which backs up my save file to an entirely different location prior to starting.

I lost my save! Completely disheartened, I was so close to overthrowing my first king, 30+ hours spent. I would play it again but if it happens again i will be even more pissed off. deleting game :sad:

lol accidental movement of files will result in game loss.

in a rush to jam on a film accidentally dropped the files in adjacent folder...

myyyyyy baaaaaaad

<previous comments did help me fin the filepaths so thankings for that

Back
Top Bottom