Hafted weapons

Users who are viewing this thread

Aqtai said:
nijis said:
Another date I've seen is the Battle of Tours in 732 when Charles Martel (Charlemagne's grandfather) defeated the Arab invasion of France and brought Muslim Expansion in Western Europe to an end, which in turn eventually lead to his dynasty sizing power.
Poitiers. It's the battle of Poitiers. Any primary-school child in France knows that (or should).

Is it?  Are you sure?  If so, you're denying the legitimacy of religion and it's perspective on the human condition. 
What legitimacy does religion have? Saying it is legitimate because people believed in it for so long, is like granting scientific legitimacy to the search for the Philosopher's Stone.

How in the world did this get so bloody off-topic?

I swear, you guys could distracted if a butterfly flew past your window.

I got a new book today: "Weapon: A Visual History of Arms and Armor", published by Dorling Kindersley.  It has huge double page spread pictures of weapons and armour.  It's too big for my scanner, but I did manage to scan these two pictures:

You've probably seen that warhammer a few times before. :smile:

Naridill said:
That curved blade battleaxe gave me a serious hard-on. Seriously, I gawked at it for five minutes. It's f***ing beautiful.

I have to admit I've always loved Indian weapons, they're just so weirdly, outlandishly exotic.

Aqtai said:
Naridill said:
That curved blade battleaxe gave me a serious hard-on. Seriously, I gawked at it for five minutes. It's f***ing beautiful.

I have to admit I've always loved Indian weapons, they're just so weirdly, outlandishly exotic.

I find their war clubs to be rather...odd, though.

Like Naridill said, anything with a handle, like maces, axes, warhammers etc. I personally class spears, halberds, bills etc into a separate class of pole-arms.

My new book however refers to hafted weapons as "staff weapons".

Staff_weapons_02.jpg

Unfortunately shiny black paper doesnt scan well.

Back
Top Bottom