1st Kings German Legion [Skirmishers/International] *Recruiting*

Users who are viewing this thread

Woelfie

Master Knight
Header.png

Welcome to the 1st Kings German Legion, A light infantry regiment, thread!
No walls of text :smile:

Information.png

A French force, commanded by General Mortier invaded Hanover in 1803; the Hanoverian Government capitulated in June 1803. The subsequent peace treaty known as the Convention of Elbe brought about the disbandment of the Hanoverian army.

Almost immediately a steady stream of experienced Hanoverian soldiers flowed into Great Britain. Further impetus to recruiting was given by a Royal proclamation by King George III (the Elector of Hanover) on 10 August 1803, which when circulated across Hanover saw further officers and hundreds of soldiers leaving their homeland and securing passage to England. The KGL was created in December 1803 by the amalgamation of two forces the “The King’s Germans” under the command of Colonel Von der Decken, and the “Foreign Levy” under the command of Major Halkett. For the next two years the K.G.L grew steadily as more officers and men joined their and new units were formed. Eventually an infantry barracks was established at Bexhill on Sea, which was to remain the home of the KGL infantry until 1816. At its height, there were around 14,000 men serving in the Legion and some 28,000 were eventually to have been part of the K.G.L. Elements of the K.G.L where involved in nearly every campaign throughout the Napoleonic wars.

Ranks.png

Picture
captainqq.png

sergeanty.png

corporalq.png

bugler.png

rifleman.png

recruitn.png

Requirements
Captain
Leader of the regiment.
Expected to keep the men in line
and have maximum effectiveness
of the regiment.

Sergeant
A Scout of Sorts and SIC should
the Officer fall. They are expected
to keep the Corporal's doing their
job properly and taking trainings
if the officer is not available.

Corporal
The Corporal keeps the other members
of the regiment in line and obeying orders
They are the third line of command should
the SIC die.

Bugler
The Musician.

Private
One of the best shots in the army.

Recruit
A Novice but good shot none the less.

Roster.png

Tags are: 1stKGLF_RANK_NAME

Captain - Wolfstar
captj.png

Sergeant - Toruk
sgtwi.png

Rifleman - BustRobot
pte.png

Rifleman - Tormidal
pte.png

Rifleman - Saboteur
pte.png

Rifleman - KingBeyondTheWall
pte.png

Rifleman - Bane
pte.png

Rifleman - Rogueryan
pte.png

WhyUs.png

Why Choose us?
  • Experience - Every one of us has served in a Skirmisher regiment since Mount & Musket which means we all have a large understanding of how skirmishers work and the best tactics to use. I myself was in the 95th Rifles for a year and 9 months and went from Recruit to Lieutenant during that time.
  • Casual Gamers - One thing that I'm sure a lot of people will appreciate, We understand this is the internet and no-one has the right to dictate what someone plays on it or how they play however this does not mean that we act like trolls or mess around during an event or linebattle
  • Variety of Games - We don't only play NW, We like to play a very large variety of games from Minecraft to Crusader Kings 2 and we always like anyone who joins us to be welcome to play with us
  • Fun - We aren't looking for uber serious gameplay, we're looking to be able to play the game well but not lose sight of the fact that the game is meant to be fun and not a task.
  • Organised - When creating a regiment or group there is one thing you must always have as a key benefit: Organisation. We have websites, servers and teamspeak's all ready for us to play on and always try our best to get the regiment in every event we can!

Applications.png

If you'd like to apply please go here and submit an application in the enlistment section after you register :smile:.

Please note: We are not part of the 95th Rifles, They are another regiment in NW which uses our teamspeak and forums!

Wolf.

Very nice thread and good luck :smile:

However I must say that you don't seem to have many ranks...

jezza93 said:

Once we expand so will the ranks, I'm not going to be like a lot of idiot's around here who make a regiment and call themselves colonel when their in command of 2 guys.  :wink:.

Wolf.

Tormidal said:
jezza93 said:

Its never a bad thing. Too many ranks can be confusing.

A lower number of ranks works especially well for skirmisher regiments, given their usually small size.

wolfstar97 said:
jezza93 said:

Once we expand so will the ranks, I'm not going to be like a lot of idiot's around here who make a regiment and call themselves colonel when their in command of 2 guys.  :wink:.

Wolf.

Thats a very good point,I always find it funny when that happens,personally I think we should just have companies instead :smile:

Tormidal said:
jezza93 said:

Its never a bad thing. Too many ranks can be confusing.

I disagree. From personal experience, extra ranks make it easier to reward people. It's not /necessary/ to give out promotions regularly, but it boosts morale. I'd always say add as many ranks as you need, but keep it somewhat accurate to history. There was a reason it was structured like it was.
wolfstar97 said:

Wolf.
But I will agree on that. That is one thing that rustles my jimmies  :evil:

Also, good luck :3

Back
Top Bottom