Mount and blade for 360 or the next gen consoles.

Users who are viewing this thread

While the cost could be very expensive the very Idea is possible I believe.  If you think about it Mount and Blade dosent require many controlls and all of them can be put in to a 360 controller ( ordering troops could be put in using the left and right bumper and  the arrows to select the command. and if that is to slow just add voice command for the mic) (it can be effective since Skyrim implemented it and that worked)  It seems the xbox could handle mount and blade quite well and if it was released on games on demand or in the arcade it can become a hit, not only that but it would be funner to be on a xbox.  Really I would pay almost any amount for this game if it was on a xbox.

And if the native game gets boring just add some of the top mods for mount and blade as dlc. am I completely wrong or is this possible?

You are wrong on many points there, I'm afraid. Mods as DLC, that doesn't work. Developers said they would never sell community made mods and we all know that you can't use modules on xbox either. So they have to made by developers themselves, or they have to find people willing enough to give their modules to the developers for free. Then again, the developers still have to port it to Xbox.

It is also quite hard to implement the character, weapon and camera movement for Xbox360. Skyrim did not really implement anything, because Skyrim was done for consoles. Not for PC. It has fairly easy controls and in no way do you ever do direction controlled attacks in Skyrim. Skyrim has easier combat mechanics than M&B.

What makes M&B popular is the direction controlled melee attacks, aiming of bows, horse riding, etc. Xbox controllers will have a very hard time controlling the camera, the character or the horse and the weapon they're holding. And you would also be giving away modding, which is a darn shame. Modding usually requires a lot of patching. And getting patches through to Xbox is known to be quite hard, because Microsoft has to check everything that is included in the patch. They're responsible of what goes in to Xbox.

Overall, if it happens, it will cause a ton of headache for the developers. I do not see it happening anytime soon either.

Im sure the direction controlled attacks could be worked out, im sure coding would be quite hard too do, you could aim the bows with left trigger and even though its different mechanics horse riding in Skyrim is pretty smooth.

I guess my dream for this will never happen (unless taleworlds gets supremely rich and has nonthing else to do, or if there is a actual demand for this other than me.) many people said that multiplayer for Elder scrolls wasnt possible but It was done, they also said (and still do) that a total war like game is not possible for the 360 but the history channel made one. (you could have big battles and troop commanding was really easy for that game and the graphics were still good despite the size that battles could get.)     

I just get tired of all these mainstream console games, the only good ones are the elder scrolls. almost all the others suck.

Nooooooo! Down with consoles! All hail the mighty PC and MnB!

okay serious:

Aside from the HUGE obvious issue (Mods) I don't think  the controls would translate well to a console. Especially mounted combat and shooting from horseback.

And yeah, consoles stink.

I hope the new xbox will support mouse and keyboard then problem solved  :grin:

But i would prefer it if MB stayed on PC because pc will always have more possibilities.

How many analog sticks do those gamepads have? Cause there will be times when you need to control the directions of player, attack and the camera. I can look to the left side, while holding a right swing while riding a horse with keyboard and mouse. I imagine it would be pretty goddamn hard to do with a gamepad.

X = interact
A = Jump
B = changes weapons use
Y = Change between first and third person
LT = Aim/ Defend
RT = Shoot/ Attack
LS = Walk
RS = view
Arrows = change weaspons
LB = Cycle trough attack directions
RB = Cycle attack directions
Back = mini map and command menu (pauses time)
Start = menu

And about DLC not everything needs to be pay for dlc, its unusual for dlc to be free hough atleast bigger ones, and some of the mods are the same size ad the game itself.
EDIT: Tough I do not belive anything but the most popular mods/ or most game changing will be released to the console.

Yeah, I didn't say it wasn't possible to put the functions on a gamepad. I was talking about the usage of a gamepad. Do you really think people can fight with the same speed and fluidity with a gamepad as they do on a keyboard+mouse?

The game would have to be made far easier for it to work.

The changing of fighting direction might be a problem not sure if the d pad and rb/lb should be switched tough, a bit about the fluidity what is normal on the console.
But easier is a no go, even tough I just now started playing on normal/ medium levels on everything, started playing back when the original was released on disc.

I was thinking of Multiplayer experiences, where the speed of your attack and the weird glitchy camera movements are somewhat vital. I can almost guarantee you that a Keyboard+Mouse controller will beat the gamepad controller everytime. Simply because it is the optimal way of playing the game.

Then again, if Taleworlds really wanted to do it, they probably could. But, as a company, why would they? I surely wouldn't want to deal with Microsoft and Sony. And Paradox Interactive, TW's Publisher is not known for publishing games on consoles.

Sorry but I dont follow on the weird glitchy camera movement the standard movement and view controls of the console translate very well to RL and most say I sometime find it to be more glitchy on the PC. Though the multiplayer would most likely be console to console since shadowrun saw high end FPS players beat the casual console gamers so bad Microsoft would not endorse any more cross platform games. And well Taleworlds could self publish it on xbox live arcade max size being 2 GB  but I believe if released on disc it has a bigger potential all over. But that would really be limited to Paradox Interactive allowing it.

Well, there really isn't much profit in releasing it on Xbox. Most people who are interested in the game already own it on PC and it would probably be a waste of time to work on a Xbox version of the game, just to have people say "I already own it on PC." and not buy. For Singleplayer, it could work. Multiplayer would be rather boring though, as console vs console wouldn't have many players for the reason stated. People already own it.

Probably a better idea to focus all that resources on making a better M&B2.

All i am saying is minecraft, most people already had it on the PC but then they made profit during the first day, and it was limited and an earlier edition.

Wouldn't compare it to Warband. Minecraft is way more popular. Controls are far more simplistic and the developer actually saw profit in porting in over, because there was interest. As I said, the followers of this game, they all own the game. No one is crying and yelling and throwing money at the developers for it to be ported.

Back
Top Bottom