The easiest way to implement camping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Orion

Still Not Worthy
Global Moderator
Wanna know the simplest way? Just do this :

When pressing ctrl+space, your character icon changes to a tent. If you mouse over your tent, then it will say, under the party name, "Camping."

Being attacked, for the moment, would not change the starting advantage. Unless you really want it to, it could be -1 or -2 starting advantage (camping). I would suggest waiting to change the advantages till after you release the next update.

I'd actually just prefer the idea of pitching a tend for the night and everything goes in super-speed-hummingbird mode for the duration, and you can't interrupt it. If a group of bandits comes by and decides to attack you during this time, there's nothing you can do to stop it. And when they do attack, you'll suffer a large tactical penalty.

All this risk if you don't feel like spending 3 per person at a tavern.

Another detail: camping and resting at a tavern regenerates your health faster than wandering out in the middle of nowhere.

I really don't see the need for camping but, it is apparently a wanted feature for this game. So, I really think that the best way to do it is the way Orion is suggesting it with the tactical disadvantage and the whole regenerating thing Ingolifs pointed out. Maybe you could also move slower for awhile right after camping (being groggy and sleeping outside will do that to you).

Ingolifs said:
I'd actually just prefer the idea of pitching a tend for the night and everything goes in super-speed-hummingbird mode for the duration, and you can't interrupt it. If a group of bandits comes by and decides to attack you during this time, there's nothing you can do to stop it. And when they do attack, you'll suffer a large tactical penalty.

All this risk if you don't feel like spending 3 per person at a tavern.

Another detail: camping and resting at a tavern regenerates your health faster than wandering out in the middle of nowhere.

Not being able to stop camping? What about sentries? Surely they'd wake you up if they saw 50 dark knights approaching you.

Back
Top Bottom