Favourite Napoleonic Uniform?

Users who are viewing this thread

I like Osprey's illustrations best when they try to fit all the figures into a coherent scene.

fseMy.jpg

Men-at-Arms #185; Plate B

UntitledUmmmmms.png

He seems a tad to cheery considering he has just been clipped  by a musket ball and his friend has been shot in the stomach.

loppolh said:
Hmm.I MUST KNOW WHAT BOOKS.IT IS NOW GOING TO BE MY HOBBY!And thanks.

well there are a lot of very nice uniform books... Buy some Osprey ones (if u know wich unit u r interested in) or get in an local antiquarian bookshop and search for some uniform books...u might have luckc( I had  :mrgreen: : I got Knötel's "Handbuch der Uniformkunde" and a book called "Uniforms of the Napoleonic Wars in Colour" etc. in a antiquarian book shop)...or visit some libarys...sometimes u also have luck on bring-and-buy (I got this one on a bring and buy for 20 € : http://www.beck-militaria.de/images/product_images/popup_images/10701_2.jpg  )

all in all I have 9 Uniform-Books and a lot of Osprey stuff

The Prussian Landwehr. I believe that these lads are Neumark infantry. What i like about them is the colour schedule, blue and yellow suits uniforms better than flags tbh.

preussischeinfanteriebk.jpg

Captured Joe said:
Vicccard said:
loppolh said:
Austrian Grenadier
images

Austrian Grenzer
images

Prussian lancer
images

The first two Grenadiers are German, not Austrian. Plus, those uniforms are from a way earlier period.

Grenzers are from Croatia and south-hungary, not from Austria
Viccard, please. The Austrian Empire's army had 2 types of infantry: 'Hungarian' and 'German' regiments; the latter included Czechs and Austrians too.
They are mid/late 18th century indeed, though.

And those Grenzers were in Austrian service, part if the Austrian army.

loppolh said:
images

Royal Welch Fusilier.
No, that's a British dragoon of the 2nd (Royal North Brittish) Dragoons, also called the 'Scots Greys' because they were Scottish and rode on white/grey horses.

The first Austrian should be Hungarian. Blue pants. My bad.

Grenzers still aren't austrians :razz:

My favourite unit is the Dutch Grenadier in French service(Napoleon : Total War)
I would love to buy an uniform and the big bearskin hat.

Kipsleverworst said:
My favourite unit is the Dutch Grenadier in French service(Napoleon : Total War)
I would love to buy an uniform and the big bearskin hat.

That uniform is so awful in N:TW

this is how it should be

10e55io.jpg

I was actually going to look for a pic from my re-enactgroup, but I'm so damn lazy.

Back
Top Bottom