Favourite Napoleonic Uniform?

Users who are viewing this thread

A danish Grenadier (best hats ever  :mrgreen: )

35b9smv.jpg

It was Russia. I guess Potemkin invented it, because it is called the 'Potemkin' uniform.

Danish troops wore similar coats (and the Grenadiers similar headwear) in the 1800s, and those uniforms are described as being in the 'Potemkin-styke'.

And yes, it looks goofy.

Commander Millander said:
Prussia pre-1806 uniforms
80063136.png

36836965.png

35221660.png
That's just a copy of the Frederickian uniforms, but with silly hats (fot the soldiers). The original uniforms of Frederick's army looked better, IMO:
By the way, the Prussian '1806' uniforms were already worn by the troops in 1805.

I think tricornes look better when they're actually equilateral, instead of being creased out towards the sides like a proto-bicorne. Ah, but I'm always behind the trends.

Captured Joe said:
Commander Millander said:
Prussia pre-1806 uniforms
80063136.png

36836965.png

35221660.png
That's just a copy of the Frederickian uniforms, but with silly hats (fot the soldiers). The original uniforms of Frederick's army looked better, IMO:
By the way, the Prussian '1806' uniforms were already worn by the troops in 1805.

Im aware they were. They were worn some years prior to 1806. However that style is called 1806 or pre 1806.
Also both pictures aren't napoleonic.

Any Grenadier with a mitre.
Pavlovsk(i) Grenadiers
Pavlovski_grenadier.gif
Prussian Grenadiers
scaled.php
But they are just grenadiers.
The Chasseurs are where its at.
b_coppens_976_60w.jpg

Deathski said:
Any Grenadier with a mitre.
Pavlovsk(i) Grenadiers
Pavlovski_grenadier.gif
Prussians
scaled.php

And obviously my favourite of them all.
b_coppens_976_60w.jpg

That last one is not a grenadier!  :grin:

I quite like the Frenhc armored cavalry and the russian Horse guards but i

Relly like the french dragoon
http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/788/dragguardvw5.jpg

And the Early french grenadiers with the higer boots or gaiters

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/84/Napoleon_Grenadier_of_1808_by_Bellange.jpg/250px-Napoleon_Grenadier_of_1808_by_Bellange.jpg

Love boots :grin: Cant stand shoes

Back
Top Bottom