B Modern [WB] The Arab Revolt (RECRUITING ALL POSITIONS!) [WIP]

Users who are viewing this thread

WarGamer12

Veteran
1916-1918: The Arab Revolt

Our team is recruiting! Experience preferred, PM WarGamer12 if you are interested in helping out.

Changelog: (Version/Date)
~Version .2~
~Added Ottoman Units 4/27/12
~Changed some city names 4/28/12
~Added new faction Marshals 4/28/12
~Added German Units 4/28/12
~Added new companions 4/28/12
~Version .1~
~Changed faction names  4/23/12
~Changed faction colors 4/24/12
~Changed launcher picture 4/24/12
~Changed load screen and main menu images 4/24/12
~Changed main title music 4/25/12
~Added Firearms skill 4/25/12
~Edited menus 4/25/12
1300px-030Arab.jpg
Our new YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/DapperStudios
Check us out on ModDb: http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-arab-revolt
Check us out on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/TheArabRevoltMod
Our team:
~WarGamer12, Research, Organizer, Basic Coding, Graphic Design
~gaham1, MP Coding/Coding
~FUBAR!!!, Modeler, Texturer
~Steinchen, Mapping, Scenes
~piercegov, Textures
~Turtler, Writer, Research
~ALFAJI, Uniform Research
~matmohair1, Uniform Research

New Cities!:
2012-04-28_00001.jpg

2012-04-28_00002.jpg

2012-04-28_00004.jpg

2012-04-28_00003.jpg
Mauser C96 Pistol Thanks to FUBAR!!!:
c98render.jpg
Colt M1911 Model Thanks to FUBAR!!!:
gund.png
New Rifle Models (WIP):
37256_103670953017487_100001237476776_24932_1584604_n.jpg

34298_104084609642788_100001237476776_28884_7744274_n.jpg
New Loading Screen and Main Menu:
2012-04-24_00003.jpg

2012-04-24_00002.jpg

~My Inspiration~
My inspiration for this mod originated in my watching of the film Lawrence of Arabia with Peter O'Toole as well as my interest in WWI military history.

~Background~
The year 1917 began well for the Hashemites when the Emir Abdullah and his Arab Eastern Army ambushed an Ottoman convoy led by Ashraf Bey in the desert, and captured £20, 000 worth of gold coins that were intended to bribe the Bedouin into loyalty to the Sultan. Starting in early 1917, the Hashemite guerrillas began attacking the Hejaz railroad. At first, guerrilla forces commended by officers from the Regular Army such as al-Misri, and by British officers such as Newcombe, Lieutenant Hornby and Major H. Garland focused their efforts on blowing up unguarded sections of the Hejaz railroad. Garland was the inventor of the so-called "Garland mine", which used with much destructive force on the Hejaz railroad. In February 1917, Garland succeeded for the first time in destroying a moving locomotive with a mine of his own design. Around Medina, Captain Muhammand Ould Ali Raho of the French Military Mission carried out his first railroad demolition attack in February 1917. Captain Raho was to emerge as one of the leading destroyers of the Hejaz railroad. In March 1917, Lawrence led his first attack on the Hejaz railroad. Typical of such attacks were the one commanded out by Newcombe and Joyce who on the night of July 6/7, 1917 when they had planted over 500 charges on the Hejaz railroad, which all set up off at about 2am. In a raid in August 1917, Captain Raho led a force of Bedouin in destroying 5 kilometers of the Hejaz railroad and four bridges.

In March 1917, an Ottoman force joined by tribesmen from the Kingdom of Ha'il led by Ibn Rashid carried out a sweep of the Hejaz that did much damage to the Hashemite forces. However, the Ottoman failiure to take Yanbu in December 1916 led to the increasing strengthing of the Hashemite forces, and led to the Turkish forces to be forced more and more onto the defensive. Lawrence was later to claim that the failure of the offensive against Yanbu was the turning point that ensured the ultimate defeat of the Ottomans in the Hejaz.

In 1917, Lawrence arranged a joint action with the Arab irregulars and forces under Auda Abu Tayi (until then in the employ of the Ottomans) against the port city of Aqaba. This is now known as the Battle of Aqaba. Aqaba was the only remaining Ottoman port on the Red Sea and threatened the right flank of the Egyptian Expeditionary Force defending Egypt and preparing to advance into Sanjak Maan of the Syria Vilayet. Capture of Aqaba would aid transfer of British supplies to the Arab revolt. Lawrence and Auda left Wedj on 9 May 1917 with a party of 40 men to recruit a mobile camel force from the Howeitat, a Syrian tribe renowned for fighting on camels. On 6 July, after an overland attack, Aqaba fell to those Arab forces with only a handful casualties. Lawrence then rode 150 miles to Suez to arrange Royal Navy delivery of food and supplies for the 2500 Arabs and 700 Ottoman prisoners in Aqaba; soon the city was co-occupied by a large Anglo-French flotilla (including warships and sea planes), which helped the Arabs secure their hold on Aqaba. Later in the year, the Hashemite warriors made a series of small raids on Ottoman positions in support of General Allenby's winter attack on the Gaza-Bersheeba defensive line which led to the Battle of Beersheba). Typical of such raid was one led by Lawrence in September 1917 that saw Lawrence destroy a Turkish rail convoy by blowing up the bridge it was crossing at Mudawwarah and then ambushing the Turkish repair party. In November 1917, as aid to Allenby's offensive, Lawrence launched a deep-raiding party into the Yarmouk River valley, which failed to destroy the railroad bridge at Tel ash-Shehab, but which succeeded in ambushing and destroying the train of General Mehemd Cemal Pasha, the commander of the Ottoman VII Corps. Allenby's victories led directly to the capture of Jerusalem just before Christmas 1917.

LawrenceGuerrillas460x276.jpg
Here is the what I hope to have in the mod:

Weapons:

Lee-Enfield Rifle
Gewehr M1898 Rifle
Mauser C96 Pistol
Luger P08 Pistol
Webley MK VI Revolver
Colt M1911
Ottoman Miquelet
Turkish Miquelet
Lee-Metford Rifle
Martini-Henry Rifle
Mills Bomb
Model 24 Grenade
Scimitar
Model 1913 Cavalry Saber
Pattern 1912 Officer's Sword
Infantry Units:
British Expeditionary Force:
BEF Recruit, Martini-Henry+Knife/Club
BEF Irregular, Martini-Henry+Bayonet/Short Sword
BEF Regular, Lee-Enfield+Bayonet
BEF Infantry, Lee-Enfield+Bayonet+Mills Bomb
BEF Colour Sergeant, Webley MK VI+Pattern 1912 Officer's Sword
Central Powers:
CP Recruit, Martini-Henry+Knife/Club
CP Irregular, Martini-Henry+Bayonet/Short Sword
CP Regular, Gewehr M1898+Bayonet
CP Infantry, Gewehr M1898+Bayonet+Model 24 Grenade
CP Stabsunteroffizier, Luger P08/Mauser C96+Pattern 1912 Officer's Sword
Ottoman Empire:
Ottoman Recruit, Turkish Miquelet+Knife/Club
Ottoman Irregular, Martini-Henry+Bayonet/Scimitar
Ottoman Regular, Martini-Henry+Bayonet/Scimitar
Ottoman Infantry, Gewehr M1898+Scimitar+Model 24 Grenade
Ottoman Junior Officer, Luger P08/Mauser C96+Pattern 1912 Officer's Sword
Kingdom of Hejaz:
Hejazi Recruit, Arab Miquelet+Bayonet/Knife
Hejazi Irregular, Martini-Henry+Bayonet/Scimitar
Hejazi Regular, Lee-Enfield+Bayonet/Scimitar
Hejazi Infantry, Lee-Enfield+Scimitar+Mills Bomb/Model 24 Grenade
Hejazi Sergeant, Webley MK VI+Scimitar/Pattern 1912 Officer's Sword
Emirate of Jabal Shammar:
Turkish Provisional Recruit, Arab Miquelet+Bayonet/Knife
Turkish Provisional Irregular, Arab Miquelet+Bayonet/Scimitar
Turkish Provisional Regular, Martini-Henry+Bayonet/Scimitar
Turkish Provisional Infantry, Martini-Henry+Scimitar+Model 24 Grenade
Turkish Officer, Luger P08/Mauser C96+Pattern 1912 Officer's Sword
Factions:
Kingdom of Hejaz
British Expeditionary Force
Central Powers
Ottoman Empire
Emirate of Jabal Shammar
Bandits, Looters, etc:
Desert Raiders
Rebels
Looters

Regarding the map, I hope for it to be the Damascus/Mecca region that was once controlled by the Ottomans and a portion of South Arabia.

**IF YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS, COMMENTS, OR CONCERNS, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO PM ME OR POST HERE**

ALFAJI said:
i can help you in the clothing of the arabs and if you want help in research i may help too
Regarding research, that is my best skill but I would be glad to have help with the clothing of the Arab Army.

Slawtering said:
Do you have any screenies? and if not what skills do you possess?

Good luck
I am an amateur historian of the early 20th century so my main skill is the history, the knowledge, mainly the research that will and is needed to make the mod.

WarGamer12 said:
Rigadoon said:
So basically you're asking people to make a mod for you.
Not quite, I take care of the most important part of a mod, the research, without research, a historical mod cannot be made. I am simply looking for people to take my research and make it into something else, it is similar to what you say but not the same.  :cool:
Unfortunately, 90% of mods like this die. Few people want to join someone who can't directly contribute to the mod. Research may be the most important part of a historical mod, but it's also the easiest. I'm not trying to discourage you, but I speak from experience and others who have been here a long time will say the same. I've seen dozens of mod start this way, and die not long after.

If you really want to make this mod, I'd suggest learning a modding skill(modelling, coding, animating) and showing some of it. That way, people actually have a reason to join the team.

I wish you good luck, whether or not you decide to take my advice.

The most important part of any mod, whether historical or not historical, is basic coding, and modeling. Research takes a deep third or fourth place to the basics.

You are indeed asking for people to make the mod for you, but that can be remedied by:  starting to learn either modeling or coding.

EDIT: my post is the TLDR version of Rigadoon's post.

Those are hard to learn for a novice. If you want some things you can pick up faster I'd suggest learning to scene, edit dialogue files/change names (Notepad ++), and learn how to add items and troops to a game as well as equip them (using Morgh's) all of those things are useful to a mod. There are tutorials for them on the forge. These guys are correct though in that research is important but you've got to be able to contribute something to the mod in a hands on way or most coders and modelers won't give you the time of day. If you can also figure out how to edit maps using Thorgrim's that's also useful and you will need to have a map if you're going to make this mod.

Best of luck to you because this would be a great mod.

Maybe you'll get lucky and someone will like this idea and take it over for you and along the way teach you some basic things.  :grin:

RE: Everyone who says I need to learn about basic modding.
Hello! I mean no discord by saying this but I am indeed learning basic M&B modding!  :smile: I am using the guide on these forums to help me along. I will indeed begin doing what I can to make the mod ASAP and will post a changelog for what I have done. :smile:

1. Research is not the most important part of a mod. Anyone can easily find information from trustworthy sources by typing a few words.
2. You should probably get acquainted with the module system and how things work in The Forge board (that's where you can also pose questions regarding modding).
3. You can use the edit button on your posts to lengthen them. Try that instead of quadruple posting.

I do wish you luck though. I hope this mod will come to fruition, for it is a great idea.

For now, you can use a few of the Sarranid clothing, and weapons, for some of the Arabian equipment.

ok but how about adding new factions and this is the rename for the factions

Kingdom of Hejaz
United Kingdom
Germany
Ottoman Empire
sultanate  of Nejd
Emirate of heal
Emirate of kuwait
imamate of yemen
Emirate of almuhamarah (ahwaz)

and this is the map i would like to see
scaled.php

:cool:

QuailLover said:
For now, you can use a few of the Sarranid clothing, and weapons, for some of the Arabian equipment.

Yeah he could use the two basic worn robes, although they'd need a little bit of editing, because actually they are typically north african

WarGamer12 said:
Slawtering said:
Do you have any screenies? and if not what skills do you possess?

Good luck
I am an amateur historian of the early 20th century so my main skill is the history, the knowledge, mainly the research that will and is needed to make the mod.

My grandfather's father fought in Baghdad front and was captured by the Arabs, then taken by the British at that time. So based on what he has passed to my father, I know a bit about the situation that went there. Plus, I'm also good in Ottoman history, if you're interested in specific details I can try helping you as well.

Swordmaster said:
My grandfather's father fought in Baghdad front and was captured by the Arabs, then taken by the British at that time. Plus, I'm an expert in Ottoman history, if you're interested in specific details I can try helping as well. :smile:
By all means, yes! I really do need all the help I can get.  :smile: Also, if you know anyone else that could also help make this mod that would be great. I still have many positions open. :smile:

And thank you matmohair1 for the pic.  :grin: It gave me some swell ideas.

Sayd Ûthman said:
QuailLover said:

Yeah he could use the two basic worn robes, although they'd need a little bit of editing, because actually they are typically north african

arabian clothing is a bit difrante from the ones in the sarrinad faction

gund.png
My first ever firearm model, I haven't textured it yet so it is not finished. I can probably have it textured by Friday.
I have allot of school work so it is hard for me to make time.
I understand if you don't want it I am not a very good modeler.
Was browsing through taleworlds forum and saw you thread and wanted to help out. 
I made this model about two weeks ago just for my own fun, maybe it can help you out

FUBAR!!! said:
gund.png
My first ever firearm model, I haven't textured it yet so it is not finished. I can probably have it textured by Friday.
I have allot of school work so it is hard for me to make time.
I understand if you don't want it I am not a very good modeler.
Was browsing through taleworlds forum and saw you thread and wanted to help out. 
I made this model about two weeks ago just for my own fun, maybe it can help you out
I love the model! :grin: I would be more than glad to have you on my team! :smile: I also am often busy with schoolwork as well so we will be able to work about the same. :smile:

Back
Top Bottom