I've made a tentative update for anybody who is running WB 1.151 to try out.
This will bring your PoP3.42 version to PoP 3.43 beta so to speak.
This update includes:
- All sound files have been brought back to .ogg format
- PoP 3.42 Sep21 has been ported to WB 1.151
- The menu click sound volume has been fixed
- An unmatched (try_end) has been removed from a prisoner dialog.
This update is save game compatible with PoP 3.42.
Do not update if you have the OP Code 1783 error in battles, as this version uses Dynamic Groups.
Link to PoP 3.43 beta:http://www.2shared.com/file/wd5JVvTB/UpdatePoP342_to_PoP343.html
Post anything buggy in regards to this particular PoP 3.43 beta in this thread.
- Back up the text files in your PoP3.42 folder prior to extracting and over writing the 5 text files contained within the rar file. (actions.txt, conversation.txt, menus.txt, sounds.txt, tableau_materials.txt)
- Rename your Sounds folder in your PoP3.42 folder to Sounds(old)
- Extract the rar file into your PoP3.42 folder
Nullpat has analyzed the memory usage between PoP3.42 with 22KHz audio and PoP 3.43 beta.
His findings reveal that with 22KHz audio sounds PoP 3.42 uses up 1.5GB RAM. When we use .ogg files, PoP3.43 beta is using up 1.9GB RAM. When the ceiling of 2GB is reached, the program will crash. So this beta only leaves about 100MB free before the game will crash.
Thanks to Nullpat for doing the research with Sysinternals Process Explorer!