*Thanks to Beardface for graphics!*
After telling a load of people I wasn't going to bother with another Nditions Duelling Tournament, I've changed my mind, and so, after the sign-up phase, Nditions' European Duelling Tournament III will begin in earnest!
The main problem with the previous Nditions Duelling Tournaments was with the lower bracket (their being double elimination) 'lagging behind' the top bracket, leaving the undefeated champion waiting for months to play the Finals. As such, for this tournament, there will be an initial group stage (with the number of groups, and number of players per groups depending on the number of sign-ups) to bring the number of players down to sixteen; after the group stage, there will be a single elimination bracket amongst the remaining sixteen players.
Duels will now also be first-to-nine, rather than first-to-seven. This is mostly to compensate for the single-elimination bracket rather than double-elimination.
Those are the majority of the changes from previous Nditions Duelling Tournaments, detailed rules may be read below.
The deadline for submissions is the 3rd May, 2012.
- Anyone can join this tournament, by applying in this thread, simply give your in-game name; bear in mind however, that Nditions_Duel_Server is located in Paris, France, thus participants too far from there will suffer ping-disadvantages.
- All applicants are expected to have read the rules. If you are unwilling or unable to abide by the rules, do not bother applying.
- Players will be assigned into groups for the first Group Stage based firstly on the results of the last tournament, and secondly randomised to break any ties.
- A certain number of the top teams in particular groups will be put into the Knockout Stage, which will be a single elimination bracket.
- Each round of duels will have a week to be completed. Players are expected to arrange duels by themselves, if there are difficulties, they are however welcome to ask me for advice. Whilst deadline extensions are allowed for, they will be given out on a case-by-case basis, and should not be relied on.
- Whilst of course it would be ideal for everyone to have the factions they want for their duels, this may not be possible, Swadians however are permanently on Nditions (unless a poll changes this). If you enter the server and factions which you don't want are on, you may attempt to contact a server admin and ask them to change the factions. If no admin is online however, you will most likely have to just put up with it. You may of course attempt to reschedule, however if you don't meet the week's deadline because of this, you most likely won't get an extension on the deadline. If you really want to make sure your faction is on, contact an admin before the match and see whether they can be online to change it.
- Any ties in the Group Stage will be resolved with play-offs before the Knockout Stage.
- All matches will be fought on Nditions_Duel_Server.
- Matches will be best of seventeen, i.e. first to nine won duels wins.
- Players may not use:
- Ranged Weapons (Throwing, Crossbows or Bows);
- Any weapon with the 'Crush Through Blocks' ability;
- Any non-Native Multiplayer weapons, e.g. Practice Staffs.
- Other than this, players may use any weapon they wish.
- Armour will be the standard Nditions duelling garb, which will ensure that everyone has the same armour value.
- Players may change weapons between duels, however, once a duel has started they may not change weapons until the duel is over.
- Players are not permitted to instantly attack as soon as the duel starts.
- Excessive flaming/insulting/trolling will not be permitted.
Current Prize Money: £0