84e siege server news

Users who are viewing this thread

Kabs

Sergeant at Arms
Hi there community,

my first new siege map for NW goes to the 84e server only as a gift to them. I hope you guys will enjoy it. its good balanced thought but i will keep updating.

Here i have a little sneak peak video. nothing special just music and lookaround:

dont mind the low fps in video its cauz of fraps. normally its around 60-70 basicly for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wzEfXDjdXQ&context=C4dfae18ADvjVQa1PpcFOWjcap11VPfD_VkozxKkBs8vX-A3IGmMQ=

Aldemar will tell you when its up on their server.

update:

here a little tactial map that explains how it will work out:

http://www.bilder-space.de/show_img.php?img=bfc9c4-1334514522.jpg&size=original

basicly the attackers have not much defenses before the city walls. but still enough to survive and assist the sappers with barrage fire on the walls that they can build poontoons over the water ring. cannons cant hit the sappers there so only infantry fire may bring them down. since when the attackers destroy the walls and cannons are gone its possible enough to get into the city. but there may be also another hard fight awaiting for the attackers.

greetz

Kabs

yeah i allready deleted some more cannons on the defenders side. the video material was filmed before ;P xD my fault

Looks quite epic. Just, I wonder, it seems tactics are useless, for all regiments will just charge head-on for the pontoons and walls. Off course it will be a bloody and difficult thing, but I like tactical maps.

Yet, still, epic map and I'm looking forward to an epic CHAAAAARGE.

Vicccard said:
Looks quite epic. Just, I wonder, it seems tactics are useless, for all regiments will just charge head-on for the pontoons and walls. Off course it will be a bloody and difficult thing, but I like tactical maps.

Yet, still, epic map and I'm looking forward to an epic CHAAAAARGE.

well ok the first part may look just rough. but u can also may try to get to the front door instead just the other way to build poontoons and struck down the walls or use siege ladders. so the defenders have also look where the must defend.

the most tactical part will come in the city itself. like the defenders have much space to build defenses in the streets and fortify around the flag. think there will be often fights through the crushed house parts and what else :wink:

also its good to make it not that complicated for a open public siege server.

still every class can do a lot of things that have influence of the outcome.

also as i said i will update it and balance it more on.

greetz

kabs

The ruined something doesnt really make sense especially if its near a major population center such as Danzig, it would have been propably repaired and taken into use or demolished and reused.

Otherwise, looks interesting.

EDIT. Oh and, propably going to lag like hell.

EDIT2. Still havent learned how to make ground textures less regular? Alright.

EDIT3. It also seems like you created this map from something else than a flat map, considering the random flat cliffs. Not really the ideal way, but I hope it doesnt look ugly.

Comrade Temuzu said:
The ruined something doesnt really make sense especially if its near a major population center such as Danzig, it would have been propably repaired and taken into use or demolished and reused.

Otherwise, looks interesting.

EDIT. Oh and, propably going to lag like hell.

EDIT2. Still havent learned how to make ground textures less regular? Alright.

EDIT3. It also seems like you created this map from something else than a flat map, considering the random flat cliffs. Not really the ideal way, but I hope it doesnt look ugly.

1. not if its just burned down before by the defenders or attackers :wink:

2. i dont know how u can say that this will probably lag. there much more other bigger maps with less fps and performance at all.

the low fps in the video are cauz of fraps. i normally have around 60-70 fps on the map.

3. woot ? any problem ? i am working a bit longer on maps than you and i know the texture tool in the editor very good... dont know what you talking about :p

4. nope. its all textured and leveled on purpose. there is nothing random.... anyone can decide on his own if he dislikes it. i like it and no one else complained.

Kabs said:
3. woot ? any problem ? i am working a bit longer on maps than you and i know the texture tool in the editor very good... dont know what you talking about :p
Oh, you want to start comparing our scene-dicks? Come at me brother. Come at me.

And yes, there is a problem, the problem being the roads look like someone literally painted them on. Thats not how roads, or anything except paintings work. The roads need to look like theyre used, and that theyre not like modern asphalt highways so that the edges dont just magically stop but either dissolve or have a texture like earth in between the road and the grass/desert/whatever. Naturally real roads dont "dissolve", but these are textures and therefore they should. Unless you manage to make them as precise from the edges like that riverbed texture.

sry but i am not interested to get provoked by children like flaming. its just not true what you said like "you dont know anything of texturing and so". in your words "Still havent learned how to make ground textures less regular? Alright."

do your roads as u want as i do mine and all is good okay ? :wink:

but good try anyway *g*

last words from me about that.

Back
Top Bottom