Uniforms of ww1

Users who are viewing this thread

Brodan1

Knight
this is a topic where you can post, and discuss about the Uniforms of ww1 :smile:
(and cause I need some images of uniforms, but i thought i'd be fun to discuss them swell :grin:

This Page will be added to the contributors part of "Supremacy"
So everyone who will/has contributed will be mentioned via this thread :smile:

igkraut2.jpg

At my work's Halloween event...generally accepted I have the best costumes. :wink:

New Zealanders from Gallipoli campaign:

Chilling out at Chunuk Bair in some pimpin uniforms.
gall-010.jpg

panel7.jpg

One of those dudes could be my great grandfather. He was in that regiment.

Donkeys were standard issue.
eb4ab.jpg

cpt2ze.png

Montenegrin Infantry Officer, officially this one is with the rank of a Colonel

139_0010.jpg

Even though this is not WWI, it is 1910 <uniforms almost the same>, this was taken/painted on 28 August 1910, proclamation of the Kingdom of Montenegro. In the front you see King Nicholas I P.N. of Montenegro and his wife in the Montenegrin national clothing, on their left ( picture's right ) there's my great grandfather General Janko Vukotich, behind them <about 20m> there's the Italian King and Queen < Victor E. III and Queen Jelena, princess of Montenegro> and the Montenegrin Royal Family, on the left, within the officers, in the blue uniform, saluting is Crown Prince Alexander I of Serbia, and the rest of the Montenegrin high command.

962_0010.jpg

Montenegrin parade, 1913, after the glorious victories against the Turks in the 1st Balkan War and the Bulgarians in the 2nd Balkan War

TRANS_montenegrin_-_bulgarian_-_italian_-_rumanian_troops_of.gif

WWI/Balkan Wars troops, from left to right
Upper : Montenegrin, Bulgarian
Down : Serbian, Rumanian

Montenegrin army ranks insignia

Germans were flying the aircrafts for them. Actually Turks had quite a few quality pilots, and none of them were wearing infantry clothes with bullet marks on them.

Yeah....World War I aviation is kind of my specialty :wink:

It is true the Germans flew a fair amount for the Ottomans but the Ottomans did have their own units and pilots/planes.  That being said, the Germans were more successful in these theaters...men like Buddeke and von Bulow-Bothkamp actually became aces in the Gallipoli area.  Various German Flieger-Abteilungen also played critical roles in the Sinai campaign.  Finally, if you ever saw Lawrence of Arabia, the enemy plane in it (historically) was German.

However, the plane behind them is not a recognizable German type.

It was probably more of a 'Look a plane lets go take a picture infront of it'

Actually you guys are probably right, considering how the airplane is missing the propeller.  :lol:

I'd be surprised if the guy on the right actually normally wears that as a uniform...either that or he took a close bomb or artillery blast not long before the photo.  :mrgreen:

It was revealed that this photo is actually taken in 1918(it was written on the backside of the photo) which is 3 years after Gallipoli. The photo was taken by the German pilot,Emil Meinecke, who fought on behalf of Ottoman Empire. The uniform the tall guy is wearing is actually French, not Turkish(notice how the buttons are on different sides). The guy who released this photo also admitted that "these guys might not be soldiers".

Artizan said:
It was revealed that this photo is actually taken in 1918(it was written on the backside of the photo) which is 3 years after Gallipoli. The photo was taken by the German pilot,Emil Meinecke, who fought on behalf of Ottoman Empire. The uniform the tall guy is wearing is actually French, not Turkish(notice how the buttons are on different sides). The guy who released this photo also admitted that "these guys might not be soldiers".

Agree. Artizan mentioned before me. Also I read a detailed research about the photo, it is clearly fake.

Ottoman Air Force had 4 planes? Come on... The empire had a notable air force with around hundred (maybe more) aircrafts and Turkish personnel. Please research about it.

Of course German pilots were much famous, Ottoman Empire started to show interest to aviation just before the WW1.

Nice topic by the way, share more pics! :grin:

Actually Ottomans could've been the pioneers for aviation in the world if Sultan Murad hadn't exiled Hazerfen Ahmet Çelebi after he flew over the Bosphorus and gave him some patronage instead.

Back
Top Bottom