Conquistadores is a multiplayer-only module for Mount&Blade:Warband. The mod is about the Spanish fighting the Aztecs and many other native American tribes in the early 16th century. It's your choice to defend these old civilisations or crush them for your own good.
We are still working on this mod, and will work on it whenever we have time and feel like. We obviously do this for free so please, do not expect that we rush into finishing it(incase you like the idea of this mod).
The Aztecs are a young nation in the new world, but they already made their mark by bloodshed and human sacrifice. Their culture tells every man to become a soldier and take prisoners from enemy tribes for sacrifice, to gain higher ranks. Unfortunately this great war culture didn't last long because of European enemies reaching their only just conquered lands.
The Spanish Conquistadores
The units aren't fully sure yet but will most likely be this. All units and their weapons will later show up with Nahautl names in-game.
1. Shorn Ones.
3. Jaguar Warriors
4. Eagle Warriors
5. Porters ?
6. Priests ?
Holding the most powerfull weapons of the early 16th century in their hands, these men are truly a devastating force to all of the Americans. The Spanish just won victory over the Tlaxcalans, which they now had on their side. With their new allies, they had more then enough men to take on the Aztecs, and did this within no-time.
The units aren't fully sure yet but will most likely be this.
6. Guerrero Tlaxcalan
|Rudovich - Modeling and Textures|
Cloth Armour - 25%
Padded Cloth Armour 25%
Leather Armour - 25%
Cuirass - 99%
Heavy Cuirass - 99%
|MaHuD - Coding|
Immor - Research and Helping hand
Does need some edits in the normal map and rig, which I am doing now(should take 15 minutes). 29-2-2012 20:10
Planned main featuresGraphical changes:
- Full new armour sets for all units.
- All weapons remade.
- New props, buildings and trees for giving a native American mexican jungle feeling.
- New banners for the early 16th century.
- New horses for Heavy, Medium, Light and Donkey.Weapons & Combat:
- New weapons including:
1. Blowguns for the Aztecs
2. Slings for the Aztecs, probably only giving very little ammo with this and making rocks foragable.
3. Arquebusses and pistols for the Spanish.
4. Atlatl, also known as Spearthrowers, for the Aztecs to throw spears alot further.
5. Poison on some of the Aztec weapons(darts&daggers).
- Revamping the pike:
1. Overhead will be changed to a thrust.
2. When standing, pike will be held straight up instead of polearm animation.
4. Sheathing the pike will not be possible at all, you have it in your hands on the start and can only drop it.
3. When drawing an 1-handed weapon without shield, pike goes to left hand(for quick re-arm) you fight with sword in right.
- Alot less ammunition then in Native, we want to make melee a big part of the mod.Environment interactions:
- Canoes and Rowingboats will be useable.
- Choppable bushes throughout certain locations; to chop your way through the jungle.
- We might include deers on horse bones, and make them run through some maps.
* This will only be done if they won't trample random people when they are running.
- shootable birds in the air.
* Thinking of making a new simple animation where the arms and shoulders move like wings. Then I would make and rig a bird
'armour' for it and attach it to them in-game.. Only if its possible to put NPCs this high up in the air
and if this
isn't laggy ofcourse.
- Human NPCs fleeing of fear from villages and temples before the battles start, or hiding in houses where you might find them later on.
- Foragable items(obviously rocks).Other:
- Porter class, being able to refill and repair.
- Co-op Conquest mode:
1. Players(start with 1 base) VS bots(all other bases).
2. Money pot; you donate money to revive dead players.
3. Bonusses when taking flags like botsquads, new weapons, refill locations, etc.
4. Hopefully we can make the bots smart enough to not rambo, and that they take bases
- CANOE RACE!
- Maybe your suggestion
I will have multiple screenshots of in-game uniforms and armours within a week, and maybe a little video of us canoeing 'round!