Author Topic: Suggestions and ideas  (Read 52478 times)

Kwal

• Grandmaster Knight
    • View Profile
    • OLL clan forum
  • Faction: Sarranid
  • MP nick: OLL_Kwal
  • WBWF&S
Re: Suggestions and ideas
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2012, 12:01:10 AM »
Hmm, just a quick note which could go along with the report about the mousewheel - it's very hard for me to browse the circular menu (often it's not even responsive) and it makes my teammates think I'm an idiot because my character twirls around with the mouse movements. I don't know if it's just me or my mouse, but if other players have the same problem then maybe you could make it brows-able with keys as well? Like, once you've opened it you can use WASD to browse through it but still click with LMB to select.
I got 99 cookies 'cause a bitch ate one

YourStepDad

• Grandmaster Knight
  • a small boi wonders.
    • Skype - ivan.shalamon
    • Steam - stepdad
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
  • MP nick: YSD/Mitu/Crabtree
  • WBWF&SNW
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2012, 07:35:05 AM »
That, and make a visible arrow to indicate what we're pointing at, and instead of just stars, draw an emoticon or something.

romicus

• Master Knight
  • Battle of Europe Tester
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: Sigurd Lavard
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2012, 07:37:54 AM »
That would be very nice indeed.

YourStepDad

• Grandmaster Knight
  • a small boi wonders.
    • Skype - ivan.shalamon
    • Steam - stepdad
    • View Profile
  • WBWF&SNW
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2012, 07:47:15 AM »
Another thing I just remembered.

A script that forces archers to enter certain fortresses/climb the ladders, being optional of course, since archers are pain in the arse as it is.

matmannen

• Squire
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nord
  • MP nick: Matmannen
  • WBNW
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2012, 08:59:47 AM »
So suggestions

#1 When i saw the zeproshian pikes i was stunned with distaste. A rock bound to a long stick, this isn't the stone age  :shock:
Could the stone age pike and axe be changed to regular ones, i know the ukranian farmers wern't so rich but maybe give them a simple wood cutters axe and a simple pike of some kind.

#2 Could you maybe add walking while aiming with the gun. I mean not running just being able to move even very slowly. It would add a bit to gameplay i say.  :mrgreen:

#3 All bend their knees to the creators of this mod, and serve them till the end of your days for the must have received divine intervention to beable to create someting this perfect.  :P :P
I would prefer it if horseman would have some courtesy and would leave people alone when dueling.

KuroiNekouPL

• Sergeant Knight
  • A.K.A. Askorti
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: Askorti
  • WB
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2012, 09:23:24 AM »
1. Stone? No. You probably mean the ones with horses' jaws.. :D
2. Nah, it'd make too much of a Counter-Strike feeling. It's cool as it is.

hordekips

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2012, 11:40:22 AM »
Can it be possible that you could clothes and weapons in invasion without killing yourself?

Hinkel84

• Master Knight
  • Confederate loyalist
    • View Profile
    • Civil War Mod
  • Faction: Bandit
  • MP nick: Gen_Hinkel
« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2012, 11:49:14 AM »
Can it be possible that you could clothes and weapons in invasion without killing yourself?

Why? It would be unrealistic to get new clothes, when you are still living right? ;)

Kwal

• Grandmaster Knight
    • View Profile
    • OLL clan forum
  • WBWF&S
« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2012, 01:20:54 PM »
#1 When i saw the zeproshian pikes i was stunned with distaste. A rock bound to a long stick, this isn't the stone age  :shock:
Could the stone age pike and axe be changed to regular ones, i know the ukranian farmers wern't so rich but maybe give them a simple wood cutters axe and a simple pike of some kind.

I don't know what the exact historical value of these things are (I'd love to hear that from a developer :)), but you shouldn't underestimate the power of a jawbone tied to a stick like that, the effect is better than a woodcutter's axe (which is incredibly clumsy to fight with) and don't forget that peasants usually didn't have access to decent iron. Iron, in some circumstances, is heavily overrated.

YourStepDad

• Grandmaster Knight
  • a small boi wonders.
    • Skype - ivan.shalamon
    • Steam - stepdad
    • View Profile
  • WBWF&SNW
« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2012, 01:22:04 PM »
But they had access to cattle. Loads and loads of cattle. :lol:

Hofiko

• Sergeant Knight at Arms
  • Call me fluffy one more time. I double dare you.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swadian
  • MP nick: Hofiko
« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2012, 01:42:20 PM »
Cossack cherns (peasant infantry) were very, very poor, not surprising they made their weapons out of available materials. Dead horses and sticks.  :lol:

matmannen

• Squire
    • View Profile
  • WBNW
« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2012, 02:04:33 PM »

I don't know what the exact historical value of these things are (I'd love to hear that from a developer :)), but you shouldn't underestimate the power of a jawbone tied to a stick like that, the effect is better than a woodcutter's axe (which is incredibly clumsy to fight with) and don't forget that peasants usually didn't have access to decent iron. Iron, in some circumstances, is heavily overrated.

Ok the the jaw bone club, that can do some damage i'll give you that, but the pike without pointy end. Blunt pike doesn't seem very effective though. Should be a way to keep the bone pike but still give it a pointy end.  :D
I would prefer it if horseman would have some courtesy and would leave people alone when dueling.

Kwal

• Grandmaster Knight
    • View Profile
    • OLL clan forum
  • WBWF&S
« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2012, 02:08:49 PM »
Agreed, or make it able to swing!

matmannen

• Squire
    • View Profile
  • WBNW
« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2012, 02:13:24 PM »
Agreed, or make it able to swing!

I think everyone who has played mount and gladius is tired of their south european version of the japanese naginata. Please no pike swinging. It is a game destroyer.

hordekips

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2012, 02:15:44 PM »

Why? It would be unrealistic to get new clothes, when you are still living right? ;)

And getting better and better equiped reinforcements makes much sense?