B Medieval [WB] Braveheart - England at War

Users who are viewing this thread

:idea:

Note:
- the dates attributed to the helmets reflect the app. date of the supposed individual object's manufacture
- the helmets shown are not restricted to their areas of discovery, they could be found throughout the continent

28291984.jpg

34606043.jpg

img492u.jpg

001lt.jpg

021nlx.jpg

http://****-k.narod.ru/Historical_Arts/Tournaments/Tournaments_02.jpg

Scotland Yes! Finally my country gets a faction :grin:

But William Wallace, he isn't that historical  to have for a Scottish King or something. If you want a real Scottish king, you want Robert the Bruce, he let Scotland free from the English. William begun the Attack, but both Robert the Bruce finished it, and was at it longer.

Jeah but in the year 1298 Scotland had no king ...
That was 2 years after John Balliols defeat !

Yes, but you say your going to Add William.  Remember Williams best friend, and companion was Robert the Bruce, who later became king. And his son won the war (I think)

Some of the pictures posted by matmohair1 are highly useful, others are markedly incorrect, namely the ones portraying Scots in kilts or cloths with tartan patterns. 

Examples:
wallbattle.jpg
7williamwallacebattleof.jpg
262392full538x718.jpg

These are not accurate, and are 20th/21st century projections onto medieval Scotland (largely in part to the grossly inaccurate movie Braveheart (1995). 

That is, if you're going for historically accurate items.  If you are, you'll have to be quite discerning when it comes to which sources you trust.  For example, the Maciejowski Bible, though a few years off, is far more reliable than say... painters that take their history from movies.     

Red Eagle said:
Jeah but in the year 1298 Scotland had no king ...
That was 2 years after John Balliols defeat !

This is true, which presents a bit of a problem.  It would be inaccurate to have Wallace as king, or even the main lord, however.  Though guardian, his political standing was limited.  Making Robert the Bruce the leader of the Scots would be less of a stretch, but that's an opinion.

On that note, in 1298, Andrew de Moray was dead, thus he can't really be a lord.  Although I'm 100% in favor of an undead Scottish lord. 

Further, in 1298, depending on when the mod starts, Wallace shouldn't be one either.  If it's after July, Wallace loses all standing as a military leader and is working as a diplomat to France.  Falkirk, which was in July of 1298, made Wallace lose his position as Guardian of Scotland.

Scorpia said:
Robert the Bruce, who later became king. And his son won the war (I think)

Robert the Bruce himself won the Battle of Bannockburn (June 24th, 1314), which brought an effective end to the English campaign.  Neither David II, nor Robert II, both of whom were Robert the Bruce's sons and held the throne, were born yet. 

Also, it may be of interest to point out that the term "Braveheart" actually refers to Robert the Bruce, not William Wallace.

Hope that helps.  Good luck with your mod.

What ?
Who has said that Wallace was a King ?  :shock:

(Sorry for my English)

Red Eagle said:
What ?
Who has said that Wallace was a King ?  :shock:

(Sorry for my English)
Haha you edited it  :mrgreen: I seen William Wallace before. Now it's Robby, Goodluck with the mod, if you need anything like Scottish History, i'm here. And your welcome =P

matmohair1 said:
:idea:

Note:
- the dates attributed to the helmets reflect the app. date of the supposed individual object's manufacture
- the helmets shown are not restricted to their areas of discovery, they could be found throughout the continent

28291984.jpg

34606043.jpg

img492u.jpg

001lt.jpg

021nlx.jpg

http://****-k.narod.ru/Historical_Arts/Tournaments/Tournaments_02.jpg

Any more image, feel free to post! They are awesome :grin:

Haha you edited it  :mrgreen: I seen William Wallace before. Now it's Robby, Goodluck with the mod, if you need anything like Scottish History, i'm here. And your welcome =P

No,no,no  :grin:

Historical lords (like John de Warenne or Robert the Bruce).

I never said kings ! I said Lords !

(Tomorrow I will post the first Screens)

Here are some axe heads with bad native Textures !

Weapons2.png

I tried to make a few axes from a axe dealer website  :smile:

Keep in mind Robert the Bruce wasn't named King until well into the Wars of Independence...up til that time he was merely a pretender to the throne that Jon Balliol technically held (and who was supported by many, including William Wallace).

Anyway, a big question is whether this mod is going for a historical look (Scottish armies resemble other European armies in regards to equipment) or unhistorical (kilts!).

It should be as historical as possible !
I get so much help from matmohair1 and my historican Fimbultyr ... and yet everyone has their own opinion what is right and what is wrong !

Please, please, please. Do not make the Scots into a Braveheart-copy. As stated before, this is horribly inaccurate. The Scots fought in massed pike formations, mainly.

Back
Top Bottom