I must first congratulate you for having the audacity to host an event in Vikingr. It is a difficult to co-ordinate and organise so many people into such a short space of time. I sincerely hope for more, sincerely... However, there were some serious issues with tonight's event.
- For those of us early, we were waiting from 5:30pm right through to 7pm, for an event that was slated to begin at 6pm. I fully admit the very likely possibility of an event running twenty minutes late but a little over an hour is calling it a little too tight. I am not sure what caused such heavy delays; clarification from Éadríc or Moeck would be great.
- We do not need /x/ amount of 'practice' rounds beyond the general melee that builds in the pre-rounds before the event. I cannot even begin to surmise how frustrating it was, at 7:15pm, that we had two of three
practice rounds left. To boot, we were fighting with 25 less players on an open map. Not fun
- The Engle were shifted from group channels to a mass channel and then back to group. I do advocate the use of group channels however, the leaders of each group, plus the event organisers, need to have working whisper links
that have been set up before the event
- Clarification on exactly
what is happening, when and how. People, in their masses, are generally complete muppets and will fail to comprehend even the simplest of instructions. Don't let it happen, make it simple, make it happen. Have a structured organised list of what will happen, including round changes, in the OP of each event.The Game
- Initial spawning was terrible. No one appreciates multiple map restarts, especially after waiting for an hour and then some. This probably needs some thought... It worked great when the classes were disabled and then opened up one by one.
- Don't need to worry about leader gold... 10,000 silver isn't much when leaders get armour free. Besides; they can take it on the second round.
- Siege or Battle? Decide! Barabas probably needs some hammertime with the module system, as well as productive critical suggestions
from the Vikingr community.
- The map! Vikingr is all about tactical moving, in groups and with the right weapons. Tonight's map felt a little empty and didn't really give out the intense combat I think many were expecting.
There are probably other things to mention, no doubt others will chip in.
I think it is a wholly commendable thing that you have taken it upon yourself to run these events. Do not be discouraged!
Work out the problems and fix them. People need to understand that it is an absolute pain in the ass to handle and manipulate 100+ players into proper channels and groups. Everyone must give their kudos and respect to Éadríc for doing this. I look forward to the next one...