Horse Calls!

Users who are viewing this thread

Berny

Recruit
Well i was playing and i got off my horse to do some hand to hand battle before i knew it i was on the other side of the map... So i thought what if i could whistle or call for my horse to come pick me up! The distance and if a horse would come to you could be measured by your leadership skill or riding skill. Just my input...

Why not. Maybe your horse should listen to your troop commands.

1. hold position = horse stays put (default after dismount)

2. follow me = horse comes to you

3. charge = horse runs over enemies turns around and repeats

Oh, I have no doubt that horses wouldn't trample people just cause someone told them to. I was just trying to think if horses listened to your "sit" and "stay" commands, how they would responed to "sick 'em!"?

lol... some one liked the scene in LotR where gandalf whistled to his horse too much :razz:

But honestly, it would be nice if you could call your horse over to you. Because for a newby character, you probably have low agility, so the enemy could swamp you before you could reach your horse to hop on :razz:

I think that horse attacking on command is too far-fetched.

Horse is a domesticated, herbivore animal. It lacks predatory instincts, natural weapons (and luckily has enough common sense) to go trampling someone.

I could see a horse call, but you'd have to have a bugle or some kind of horn.

Hearing a whistle over the battle noise would be pretty tough.

You could make it so you had to carry a horn or some other noise making device in an inventory slot.

Now I know those slots are precious, but without something to make noise I wouldn't buy it.

Maybe it could be a item that you purchase for your horse, and depending on the horse you have ie the more expensive and more well trained horses are more likely to respond than a crap horse.

Yea how well the horse is trained is really good(You could even train it yourself how wellyou train it uses your trainer skill) that would work really well to and could add even more to the game off of this...( like more types of horses)

I could see a horse call, but you'd have to have a bugle or some kind of horn.

Hearing a whistle over the battle noise would be pretty tough.

Hearing a whistle over the battlefield noise with the current sound effects would hardly be tough :lol:.

Either we improved the battlefield sounds and go with the suggest you gave, or keep it the way it is (battle-sound wise) and stick with a whistle or whistle-esque action.

You can call to your men from across the map why not a horse... they do have better hearing than humans :smile:

Back
Top Bottom