Capture The Flag Innovation Tourney
Discussion Phase - Discuss CTF and CIT, Tournament has been cancelled
The Capture the Flag Innovation Tourney [CIT]
is a round-robin tournament that will begin February 25th
. The purpose of this tournament is to find out how CTF would work in a competitive environment, how much strategy and tactical thinking would go into playing a CTF match, and most importantly, to have fun. Compared to most tournaments and ladders active, the CIT will be much more relaxed. As a CTF tournament on a big scale has not happened to my knowledge, we are testing the waters here and trying to be innovative and fun. As the idea is new, the focus will stray away from purely winning to a more balanced perspective of fun and competition.
Although this will be a North American tournament, and as such matches will be fought on North American servers (unless two European teams wish to fight on a European server, which is fine with me) the ping difference will not be as important and I am welcoming European teams to sign up for this tournament.
The signup phase begins on the 14th of January
and ends on the 25th of February
. Teams are allowed to sign up until the 24th, but in order to save me work and give me more time to unleash the beginning of the tournament, the earlier you sign your team up, the better. The current idea is to have a round-robin tournament with a match between the top two teams at the very end. The winner will be determined by number of matches
won, and not rounds, in order to prevent exploitation of the system.
This tournament will be lead by Eternal. PM me if you need anything, and I will not join any team in order to remain impartial. Other tournament administrators, including Suriell (thanks to him for the image!), are allowed to join any teams as they wish.
Major thanks to MrX and Mad Dawg for helping me with map editing. Stuboi, Lord Rich, and Maynd also receive generous thanks for allowing me use of their well-made custom CTF maps. Without them, this tournament would not be what it is.Current Admin List
- Each team will be lead by a team captain. Forms for registration will be in the second post.
- Each team will consist of 9-12 people.
- The tournament is designed for a 6v6. Teams are allowed to fight more if both teams can field more.
- In order to add a member to your team, a PM must be sent to me. That player is eligible to play as soon as you send the PM. They do not have to be added to the roster before they are played.
- A team may be kicked out at any time. Although this is a commitment as a team resigning messes up the scoreboards, they are allowed to do so.
- If a team captain can not make a match, an 'acting captain' will be responsible for all captain duties.
- Each phase or 'round'(per tournament terms) of the tournament will begin a week after the one before it.
- Each team is obligated to fight the team it is supposed to within two weeks. It is rare that an extension will be allowed past this,
- Scheduling will be performed by individual teams; you may choose to do this in any way. Save logs of scheduling conversations for review in case a problem arises.
- If one team is proving uncooperative, then an auto-loss will occur. If this continues to be a problem, they will be removed from the tournament.
- Screenshots should be taken as soon as one team reaches 4 wins. See rules on matches.
- Teams should play on a server that is best for both of them. In case of an EU team vs. NA team match, it will always be played on an East Coast server unless one is not available.
- 1500 gold.
- Fastest Speed. If both teams wish to fight on Medium, then they are allowed to. However, default is Fastest.
- Automatic horse killing off and other obvious rules. Akin to battle settings.
- 100% round and bonus gold.
- Friendly fire friend, 100%, friendly fire self, 0%, minimum armor not enforced. ranged enabled and capture the flag game type.
- ~an hour time limit.
- You may play either the listed custom maps below, or play the Native maps. Both are allowed.
- 13 second respawn time.
- Forest Hideout, Random Plains/Steppes Large not allowed. Khergits also not allowed.
- 2 Maps
- Team 1 picks first map and spawn, Team 2 picks faction, top picks faction for first map.
- For second map, team 2 picks first map and spawn, top seed picks faction, bottom seed picks faction.
- First to 2, then switch spawns/factions. Go to second map, first to 2, switch spawns/factions.
- Whoever gets the most captures(maximum of 8 ) wins.
- The switching of faction and spawn is to make up for possible map and flag spawn imbalances.
- Ghosting is illegal. In case a team is suspected of ghosting, a neutral third party will be sent to their VoIP for their next two matches.
- Trolling beyond the usual is not allowed, and non-joking insults and harassments are illegal as well.
- Once a flag is picked up, flag carrier may not mount a horse.
- If a flag carrier mounts a horse, he is required to drop it by dying as soon as the violation gets called and the other team receives a point.
- If a rule breach occurs in which a team gains a point (other team mounting while with flag) that counts as an invisible POINT on the scoreboard. If they get it while 1-0, it ends. The total number of captures should never exceed 8.
- Camera is set by default to team member view. If both teams agree, the camera may be free.
- At any point in a map, a map may be changed, erasing all scores for the map. The team that DID NOT choose that was changed may choose a different map to replace it. A map played previously may not be replayed.
- In the case of a 1-1 score on a round (one capture per team), both team captains, if they agree, may call that round a draw and proceed to the next round/map, whichever the case may be. If calling the round a draw would result in a draw overall for the match, then this may not be utilized.
Example of a Match:
Team 1, top seed: Ruins, bottom spawn.
Team 2, bottom seed: Nords.
Team 3, top seed: Rhodoks.
Say team 1 runs out of time leading 3-2. Team 1 wins the first round. The clock is reset back to 30 minutes, faction and spawn are switched, and they play again. Team 2 wins 4-1. They switch back to original spawn and faction, and reset timer. Team that wins the third round wins the match.
- Matches should be reported via thread or PM as soon as the match is finished.
- Screenshots are advisable in case of a dispute.
Downloads the maps here.
1. Eternal Village(admittedly, New Village is hella better)
3. Mystery(don't know the actual map name, so named Mystery.)
4. New Nord Town
5. New Village
7. Harbour Assault
Servers currently with the maps:
Beast Coast - Server Admin M
Wappaw - Server Admin The Pizza