[Tutorial] Create Skins for Native

Users who are viewing this thread

NoobAss™

Regular
Hey Guys,
maybe some of you know skins for games like Counter Strike Source.

These skins let your weapons and your appearance look different.
So here's the tutorial, how to change models for Native (You CAN still play online!)

For example we want to change the Great helmet of the Rhodoks.

So, the first step is to find the brf file, where the helmet-model is inside.

In our case the model is called "great_helmet_new_b" and it is inside of "helmets_f.brf" (these .brf files are in your Warband directory/CommonRes)

Copy the whole "helmets_f.brf" into Modules/Native/Resource

Now we need a new helmet model. For example I have a model called "test_helmet".

Open "helmets_f.brf" in our Native/Resource folder with openBRF and delete all the files with "great_helmet_new_b" in its names (so all the Lod files too)

Import the new model (in our case "test_helmet") and of course its textures and materials.

Rename "test_helmet" to "great_new_helmet_b".

Open "module.ini" in your Native folder.

Find the line "load_resource = helmets_f.brf"

Change this line to "load_mod_resource = helmets_f.brf"

Now you're done! You've got your skin.

The same works with non-Native Modules.

Nice job with the fast tutorial NoobA**. Lol

Though alot of people probably already know this, you can do the same thing for non-native BRF files if you want to.

Sorry for the double post, but since this hasn't been moved yet, you may want to try Caba or Sayd. They're on all the time

You can already do this with just .dds files by modifying them and without any need of editing meshes themselves.

Belendor Torheal Artendor said:
You can already do this with just .dds files by modifying them and without any need of editing meshes themselves.

Then you just modify the textures of items. My tutorial is for changing models and not textures.

I didn't understand anything from this tutorial to be honest. What you are doing is something like importing a model into brf with its textures or what. It may just be me, but you really need to write it more cleanly and possibly with visuals. I see no difference than an" importing an object into brf" tutorial in this way.

Belendor Torheal Artendor said:
I didn't understand anything from this tutorial to be honest. What you are doing is something like importing a model into brf with its textures or what. It may just be me, but you really need to write it more cleanly and possibly with visuals. I see no difference than an" importing an object into brf" tutorial in this way.

This tutorial explains you, how to change "Native-Models". So I want to change the looking of an armor in multiplayer and singleplayer for Native module.
So you do these steps, and for you the armor looks different.

Back
Top Bottom