[MAP] Muertoland (Unfinished)

Users who are viewing this thread

Otreum

Regular
Hi all.

SHORT STORY
Firstly, to sum up this thread; I made a map months ago, lost the almost finished version after a reformat, got an older version of the map off my brothers computer, won't be working on the map anymore and have uploaded here for map makers and such to have their merry way with it and do what they want with the map to hopefully follow it through to completion.
Here is a screenshot of the overview of the map. All other screenshots of the map can be found at the below link to my steam profile screenshots library.
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969680020/screenshot/613843458192829110?tab=public

Download link below:
http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=3390

LONG STORY
I was just sitting here at my computer, after months of not playing Warband or PWmod, and thinking to myself "PWmod was such great fun...i'll see if there is an Aussie server up still".

So I proceeded to jump online, finding to my disappointment that there are zero Aussie PWmod servers :sad:

Back in the day, I was working on a smaller PWmod map as I was pretty tired of extremely Large maps where it felt like you were the only one in the gameworld. So I wanted to create something that was a bit tighter, a bit more active, a bit more interesting. Instead of having a large empty space. I figured it would be better to have a smaller more interesting and lively space.

Unfortunately, the reason I stopped working on the map was that I got a new computer, had to reformat my hard drive and forgot about the most up to date version of the map.
I did manage to get an older version off my brother's computer, however it was so far back that it just made me extremely sad as the map has a lot of complex features including a labrynth/puzzle which previously drove my testers insane as they got lost and could not escape the labrynth without dying.
The Labrynth/puzzle would have to be re-planned as I also lost all of the planning for it which I was using to guide me (the creator of the labrynth) so that I knew what was what.
(IF YOU NEED HELP WITH THE LABRYNTH LOCATION AND TO KNOW HOW IT WORKS, SEND ME A PM, ...IT IS CONFUSING!!!)

I will most likely not be working on this map for a long time, if I even work on it at all, and so I have decided that I should let the many talented map makers on this forum try to finish what I had almost finished or do whatever they like with the map.

The version of the map that I got up to was in it's finalisation stages, I was tweaking values for balancing, I had added invisible walls to certain rocks which people could half walk through and so on, so forth. This version does not have those final tweaks and will need to be redone hopefully according to what I had initially planned.
The invisible walls are extremely tedious and took a long time to place them all previously. In this version the invisible walls for the rocks and volcano etc are all gone, which was saddening when I had spent much time placing them.

Here are some screenshots of the map. I might do a video overview later on just so players and mappers alike can understand what I was trying to achieve.
I don't care who modifies the map at the end of the day, however I would like to be given credit if the map is finished and used. I honestly just want to see people running around and interacting on my map and am interested in seeing just how a small/medium sized map like this works with a full server, or a large Euro server.

This is an overhead view of the map. Top left is the Blue Team, next to that to the right is the starting area/commoner village. In the top right is the Green Team. The volcano fortress is the Red Team, just above that fortress is the Bandits lair, and in the Bottom Left is the White Team and Mercenary camp.
The below link actually goes to my steam screenshots folder with the overhead map. You can browse the other screenshots in there (it saves me uploading them all to imageshack or somewhere else).
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969680020/screenshot/613843458192829110?tab=public

As for the actual map download. I will try to get that up on mbrepository ASAP.

I personally don't care what you do with the map, in terms of balancing and so on, however I would be happy to see that the layout of bases and such should remain untouched, or modified.
Ultimately, it is a map designed for Red, Green and Blue teams. White is a harmless healer faction.

At the end of the day, you are given full control of what you do with the map. If you decide to wipe out the volcano....go for it, if you decide to empty the river...go for it, it's in your hands now.

DOWNLOAD
http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=3390

Kinda sad it was never finished...
I remember several of your maps, and they were awesome.
Hope you keep making maps though.

Cheers :mrgreen:

Very sad, I was really looking forward to seeing a DECENT map on the aussie PWmod server, as most were pretty bland, unbalanced, etc. So when I got so close, so far through, only to have to go far back, it was really disappointing. I only have myself to blame though :razz:

Are there still any busy PWmod servers still around? I would have thought the Euro servers would have loads of people in them.

I never know these days, Warband somehow locked me out of all online play (and no it is not being blocked by the fire wall or anything) I can't even play LAN anymore

tobijah said:
I never know these days, Warband somehow locked me out of all online play (and no it is not being blocked by the fire wall or anything) I can't even play LAN anymore

That's a bummer man. I actually stopped playing Warband online also as it keeps crashing after the latest patch. So that has killed the experience for me.

I think i'm going to get a video up tonight of the map, both as a bit of a showcase, but also a guide to show other mappers what I had initially planned, so keep your eyes peeled.

And to remind people again who are editing the map, feel free to contact me to find out what I was doing with the puzzle/labrynth and other areas of the map.

I'm going to check the european servers to see how busy they are as of late, and it may motivate me to get back to work on the map myself. Especially as I may be moving to Germany next year for a games development job.
I also need something simple to get my creative juices flowing again, as i've suffered a pretty deep depression and trying to get back out of it and back into games development work again, so maybe working on the map will be a healthy distraction from the crappy things in life and a healthy boost to my creative energy. We shall see! :wink:

UPDATE:

I had a look online, seems the euro servers are dead, but that could be due to the time I checked them. I will check early morning to see if they have any more than 12 players.

Also I see there is a later version of PWmod out now, with a change in functionality, so i'm wondering if it will affect this map at all and how it plays out.

The main EU server by no means is dead...Infact, the main NA, and EU servers are mergeing to form a super server  :mrgreen:

Oh wow, that would be awesome. I would love to see a 200 player server running my map, I would probably do some kind of happy dance to see people playing it :razz:

I remember with my other Native maps, I jumped on a Euro cRPG server as I saw my maps running on them. And it was the one with a forest area on a cliff path type thing. The weather was foggy, and it was the first time players had played the map by the looks of things. My team were in the forest, and as soon as we could move, everyone went straight down the hill, straight to the edge and ran off like lemmings. Followed by a plethora of "lol" and "oh xxxx" messages....things like that are so satisfying and motivational, so I would love to see people running this map when it's finished and such.

I'm going to get started on my video overview now, so keep your eyes peeled :wink:

Otreum said:
Oh wow, that would be awesome. I would love to see a 200 player server running my map, I would probably do some kind of happy dance to see people playing it :razz:

I remember with my other Native maps, I jumped on a Euro cRPG server as I saw my maps running on them. And it was the one with a forest area on a cliff path type thing. The weather was foggy, and it was the first time players had played the map by the looks of things. My team were in the forest, and as soon as we could move, everyone went straight down the hill, straight to the edge and ran off like lemmings. Followed by a plethora of "lol" and "oh xxxx" messages....things like that are so satisfying and motivational, so I would love to see people running this map when it's finished and such.

I'm going to get started on my video overview now, so keep your eyes peeled :wink:

*metaphorically likes post*

Back
Top Bottom