Official 3D art thread - Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

Austro said:
The ship is nice, but I'm guessing you used two 2048 * 2048 UV sheets for it and the ship is 8.4k tris. How many ships are going to be in one scene? Because your using a lot of resources for a single asset.
this is just for training purpose ! Always wanting to make a viking ship and I've always had hard time making the hull and Friday I was trying some forms in wings 3D and a hull of a viking ship appeared...so I decided to continue.
But for me I try to keep it low poly but with all the details I wanted !

Adorno said:
Awesome! Great texturing.

The sail looks a little short, but maybe it's the angle.
It's also very clean, bright white. Some dirt would help.

I've only seen Viking ships with holes for the ores, never those things you have on the railing.
They also seem to be turning the wrong way around, right? The ores are pulled up against the front/stem.
Or are they for the ropes for the sail? Never seen that either  :smile:
thx concerning the ores, they are fixing like this
fLGxq.jpg

I've seen that on a photo but I can't find it anymore

Nice ship Romanoir  :grin:

I finished a Gladius for my Dune mod (http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,255879.0.html) for the House Harkonnen. I tweaked it a bit to look more SciFi and bad ass so the blade is carbon and the handle has two types of hard rubber. 562 polys, openBRF view. Now I'm working on the scabbard. Scabbard(s) done.

Blade - 398 polys.

Blade & Scabbard - 450 polys

Scabbard alone - 70 polys.

gladius_diffuse_3.jpg

Full image.

gladius_nrm_3.jpg

Normal map.

gladius_spec_3.jpg

Specular map.

gladius_spec_nrm_3.jpg

Specular & Normal maps.

gladius_wire.jpg

Wireframe.

gladius_diagonal.jpg

Another view of the blade.

gladius_scabbard_diffuse.jpg

Blade inside the scabbard.

gladius_scabbard_alone.jpg

Scabbard model to stay on the body while fighting.

And as a side-question: do you guys use the "auto-LOD" function in openBRF or you model your own LODs? I am asking because the auto-LOD function kinda' screws up the model  :neutral:

Lumos said:
Romainoir said:
thx concerning the ores
Are you absolutely sure it's not oars? Just asking, as I know nearly nothing about ship terminology, especially in English.
OOPs, didn't even search on the web, I've just took the word Adorno writte and that's all !
You have right, it's oars :wink:

Still very much a nub with 3d, but I've made some pines I'm fairly satisfied with:

9GeOi.jpg

p4rkx.jpg

7c972.jpg

Will rework some of the smaller branches (more variety/less obviously copy pasted) and clean up the wonky shadows on some of the trees, as well as lowering the vertices count (around 500-800 each now). Textures could probably need some work as well : P

Halberd
halberd.jpg

edit:

Adorno said:
Jarvisimo said:
EDIT: Contribution

Some tower I made today.
NeuM1.jpg

6uGYr.jpg

Looks like it has a specular map giving it a greenish hue. The game always does that with specular on scene props.
The model looks small compared to other objects in the scene,
and the texturing around the windows doesn't look too good.

and it looks a little bit to bright , other than that it looks great  :smile:

Jacko! said:
Still very much a nub with 3d, but I've made some pines I'm fairly satisfied with:

Will rework some of the smaller branches (more variety/less obviously copy pasted) and clean up the wonky shadows on some of the trees, as well as lowering the vertices count (around 500-800 each now). Textures could probably need some work as well : P
Those trees look very good, especially the bark normalmap !
Concernig the little branches , did you make them with an alpha or are they modeled ?

Considering my viking ship finished... was very fun  :wink:

ApUK5.jpg

JV8GB.jpg
PxHmG.jpg
wCP0u.jpg
Nfac3.jpg
ZuEsT.jpg

Austro said:
omg those trees are so wiggly, what is this Dr. Seuss? lol
Some trees, such as birches tend to be very wavy and flexible. So much so, that climbing to the top of a young, thin one and riding it down as it bent was a form of childhood recreation.

Romanoir; I do have a complaint about your finished product. The sail cloth is much too bright and clean.

Even if it was new, the strong of a dye would be very expensive, especially enough to stripe the entire sail. Also, the white is much too stark for sail cloth.

If it's not intended to be new, it needs to be much more weathered as well as sun and salt faded.

So, guys... do you usually model your LODs or do you use the auto-LOD function in openBRF?

I am sorry to bring this up again, but it is quite important (for me that is  :mrgreen:)

Dawiduh said:
So, guys... do you usually model your LODs or do you use the auto-LOD function in openBRF?

I am sorry to bring this up again, but it is quite important (for me that is  :mrgreen:)

Both, I usually let Openbrf handle LODS

But one case where I made my LOD in my modeling program was when I was making a LOD for a tree. The Openbrf LOD deleted the actual trunk even in lod.1 So I had to just delete some leaves on my own and keep the trunk and I just imported the model and called it tree.lod1 and it worked fine.

Back
Top Bottom