Poll

Which race are you playing most?

Good humans
Evil humans
Orcs
Uruks/uruk-hai
Elves
Dwarves

Author Topic: TLD (The Last Days, LOTR mod) for M&B 1.011 Info  (Read 493327 times)

Khamukkamu

• Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegir
  • WF&SWBM&B
Re: TLD (The Last Days, LOTR mod) for M&B 1.011 Info
« Reply #3930 on: March 07, 2014, 03:35:58 PM »
I don't remember, but do Spiders roar like a warg? I have a strange feeling that they do, I just don't quite remember. What about Bears?

Mr.Milker

• Knight
  • By Osiris and Apis, look into my eyes!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
« Reply #3931 on: March 07, 2014, 04:46:26 PM »
They don't. Spiders have their own sounds.
"Don't make me milk your ass!"
We're all misogynistic manchildren constantly seeking out the warmth of the closest vagina because we desire to climb back into the womb.

Sir_Don_Quixote

• Sergeant at Arms
  • Permanently Banned
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Khergit
« Reply #3932 on: March 07, 2014, 07:51:20 PM »
Swyter I just want to apologize.

And want to say that I found the warg patch you posted. Except... It doesn't want to download. When I click on the link It is just a huge spam of (what I think) is code.

If you could renew it that would be nice.

Khamukkamu

• Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegir
  • WF&SWBM&B
« Reply #3933 on: March 07, 2014, 07:59:50 PM »
right+click and "Save link as..." That will download it for you.

Kwal

• Grandmaster Knight
    • View Profile
    • OLL clan forum
  • Faction: Sarranid
  • MP nick: OLL_Kwal
  • WBWF&S
« Reply #3934 on: March 07, 2014, 11:47:54 PM »
They don't. Spiders have their own sounds.

Very creepy sounds, scared the shit out of me the first time I met with them.

Their victory cheers are orcish and they apparently have hooves, though :P
I got 99 cookies 'cause a bitch ate one

whirring

• Regular
    • View Profile
  • WBNW
« Reply #3935 on: March 08, 2014, 01:39:55 PM »
Swy, when you release a patch?

ragamer

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3936 on: March 08, 2014, 06:23:08 PM »
I'm messing with Troll behaviour (Changing their upkeep, attack chance and how easy they are to stun) and found a strange construction on their stun code (The sources I got are the last posted on MBX forum... 3.23 version):

Into "module_missions_template_TLD.py":
Code: [Select]
               # test for stun
(try_begin),
                        (store_add,":last_hp",3),
(ge,":last_hp",":cur_hp"),
(assign,":status",-4), # STUNNED: skip 4 "turns"
(try_end),

"Store_add" requires 3 parameters... Which is the 1st anomaly... The second is that adding any value to "last_hp" would "permastun" trolls unless they recover HP in-battle. Trolls swing ATM and more or less behave properly, meaning this strange construction seems harmless... But that "store_add" command can be adding something to somewhere uncontrollably, that's why I'm reporting this... Just in case.

EDIT: Sorry, forgot to add the file were this lines are: "module_missions_template_TLD.py"
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 08:06:23 PM by ragamer »

Swyter

• Grandmaster Knight
  • ┬╗Star Wars Conquest Dev Team Leader
    • View Profile
    • [my tiny homepage]
  • Faction: Swadian
  • MP nick: Sareth | Swyter
  • WBM&BWF&S
« Reply #3937 on: March 08, 2014, 09:52:21 PM »
I'm messing with Troll behaviour (Changing their upkeep, attack chance and how easy they are to stun) and found a strange construction on their stun code (The sources I got are the last posted on MBX forum... 3.23 version):

Into "module_missions_template_TLD.py":
Code: [Select]
               # test for stun
(try_begin),
                        (store_add,":last_hp",3),
(ge,":last_hp",":cur_hp"),
(assign,":status",-4), # STUNNED: skip 4 "turns"
(try_end),

"Store_add" requires 3 parameters... Which is the 1st anomaly... The second is that adding any value to "last_hp" would "permastun" trolls unless they recover HP in-battle. Trolls swing ATM and more or less behave properly, meaning this strange construction seems harmless... But that "store_add" command can be adding something to somewhere uncontrollably, that's why I'm reporting this... Just in case.

EDIT: Sorry, forgot to add the file were this lines are: "module_missions_template_TLD.py"

Yeah, you are right. That store_add (A = B + C) should be a val_add (A += B).

I know where that code is, I've been deciphering most of that file carefully
to fix the lone wargs mechanic in Warband this week long. Many thanks!

Swy, when you release a patch?

Soon. But I'll probably release a complete quick fix compilation patch with my best moments (before dumping the full thing) in a few days.
You know that I'm working hard, but I don't want to disappoint anybody giving false dates.

I try to keep it sort of professional and transparent, if that means anything these days.
But this is a hobby and, as such, things are constantly moving.

whirring

• Regular
    • View Profile
  • WBNW
« Reply #3938 on: March 08, 2014, 10:42:49 PM »
Ok, thank you ;)

penguin055

• Recruit
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nord
« Reply #3939 on: March 10, 2014, 12:51:16 AM »
PLEASE HELP ME
I am playing as a dwarf of Erebor and EVERY time I try to fight Gundabad soldiers the game crashes (no messages other than "mount and blade: warband has stopped working) before the battle starts.
It is VERY annoying and I can't finish a quest because of it.  Is there any way I could possibly fix it?

Svanhufvud

• Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3940 on: March 10, 2014, 12:56:53 AM »
PLEASE HELP ME
I am playing as a dwarf of Erebor and EVERY time I try to fight Gundabad soldiers the game crashes (no messages other than "mount and blade: warband has stopped working) before the battle starts.
It is VERY annoying and I can't finish a quest because of it.  Is there any way I could possibly fix it?

Just read a few pages back....I wouldn't be surprised if you were the 9th person in 10 pages with the same bug, (and there is a fix).

kuudou

• Recruit
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rhodok
  • WBNWM&BWF&S
« Reply #3941 on: March 10, 2014, 05:26:35 AM »
I'm having periodic freezes while I'm travelling around in the overworld. Sometimes this causes the game to crash, sometimes this does not.

I looked a few threads in the external TLD forum, and someone mentioned to have the same problem. I will link to said page below. But what interested me was someone asking him if there were a bunch of dudes hanging around the Dunlander camp.

Now unfortunately no one followed up on that post, and registrations are closed so I'm unable to post about it. But the Dunlander camp is totally being weird for me. There are roughly two hosts hanging around with 3 raiding camps, not moving or anything. Is this what is causing me to crash?

Link to the post I'm referring to in the official TLD forum: http://mbx.streetofeyes.com/index.php/topic,3465.60.html?PHPSESSID=d,uC5xHYR6IqTW5ZqIIQI0

Egregious Balzach

• Regular
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swadian
« Reply #3942 on: March 10, 2014, 06:20:05 AM »
I'm having periodic freezes while I'm travelling around in the overworld. Sometimes this causes the game to crash, sometimes this does not.

I looked a few threads in the external TLD forum, and someone mentioned to have the same problem. I will link to said page below. But what interested me was someone asking him if there were a bunch of dudes hanging around the Dunlander camp.

Now unfortunately no one followed up on that post, and registrations are closed so I'm unable to post about it. But the Dunlander camp is totally being weird for me. There are roughly two hosts hanging around with 3 raiding camps, not moving or anything. Is this what is causing me to crash?

Link to the post I'm referring to in the official TLD forum: http://mbx.streetofeyes.com/index.php/topic,3465.60.html?PHPSESSID=d,uC5xHYR6IqTW5ZqIIQI0

Yeah everyone gets the Dunlender camp moved onto the mountain when the war starts. The parties that spawn next to it are then unable to move.

I've had this occur pretty early on though. My crashes usually happen well after the war starts. Maybe parties spawning next to it try to occupy to same space and this causes a crash?

Like you said I also get the lag/freeze at night time. When a save file gets corrupt, the crash also seems to happen at this time.

kuudou

• Recruit
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rhodok
  • WBNWM&BWF&S
« Reply #3943 on: March 10, 2014, 06:27:32 AM »
Yeah everyone gets the Dunlender camp moved onto the mountain when the war starts. The parties that spawn next to it are then unable to move.

I've had this occur pretty early on though. My crashes usually happen well after the war starts. Maybe parties spawning next to it try to occupy to same space and this causes a crash?

Like you said I also get the lag/freeze at night time. When a save file gets corrupt, the crash also seems to happen at this time.

Yeah this is also pretty much what I have. Although I also occasionally crash in the day.

Any fixes? Does reducing party spawn in the mod options do anything for example?

SRACon17

• Squire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3944 on: March 10, 2014, 07:17:11 AM »
There's already a fix for the crashes and the dunlander camp. Look for it in the trello board https://trello.com/b/ntzYNdEA/the-last-days-of-the-third-age-warband-port