There are many 'add-on' mods for enhancing visual & sound contents. AKA Polished Landscape mod, Realistic Colors mod.. etc. And also, as you know, there are some 'compilation' mods, such as 'Movie MB' mod.
'Cinematic Compilation' is a visual & sound compilation mod as well, but it has a definite objective : cinematic
. And the second goal is compatibility
For making WB cinematic, I've compiled many of visual & sound mods, moreover, I've been working with many stuffs, and it means the mod will not be a just 'compilation'. I will add much more stuffs with my own taste.Download
Compatible with both Singleplayer and MultiplayerInstallation
- Unzip all files to
C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\mountblade warband\Modules\xxx(whatever)
- Open 'module.ini' in your module folder
- Change this :
scan_module_sounds = 0
scan_module_sounds = 1
- Erase lines :
load_resource = grass_meshes
load_resource = grass_meshes_b
And add lines under 'load_resource = town_houses_e' :
load_mod_resource = grass_meshes
load_mod_resource = grass_meshes_b
load_mod_resource = custom_missiles
- Realistic missile objects (optional)
find 'flying_missile' with Ctrl+F
If the item kind is an arrow, change 'flying_missile' to 'flying_arrow'
(ex : itm_arrows, itm_barbed_arrows.. etc)
If the item kind is an bolt, change 'flying_missile' to 'flying_bolt'
(ex : itm_bolts, itm_steel_bolts.. etc)
( 18/10/2011 )
- Darkage theme
- Enhanced and new terrain textures
- Enhanced and new building textures
- Enhanced armor textures
- Enhanced weapon textures
- Enhanced face textures
- Enhanced banners
- Enhanced and tweaked bloods
- New skyboxes
- New sounds with cinematic empahsis : marching sounds(no more sneaky steps), much more messy battlefield sounds
- Sounds buffer optimazation : ogg formats to wav formats
- Optimized texture size of buildings
- New dying sounds
- New incoming sounds of arrows and bolts
- Cinematic dust effects
- Real flying missile objects (optional)
- Almost all of 'wall' textures are refined
- Compatible with 1.153
- Fixed normalmaps of some textures
- Fixed glitches of some textures
- Some new diffusemaps
- Adjusted sounds priorities and volumes
- Fixed bugs : odd mud particles
- Added python files for modders
- Fixed bugs : axe and javelin sounds, awkward mud particles
- No more invisible trees
- Face textures are trimmed
- Adjustment of a few sounds.
- Fixed a bug no sound of 'dropped coins'
- Fixed a bug no sounds of 'sword clashes'
- Fixed yelling and grunting sounds
- Decreased volume of swing sounds
- Added newly refined armor and weapon textures (157 textures are polished, no more textures from 'Texture Fiddling' now)(no performance affected)
More death animations(later)
- captured by rhaehf2004TrailerCinematic MoviesPlaying videosCredits
- More Metal Sound Mod V2.2 - by Checkmaty
- Polished Landscapes - by gutekfiutek
- Realistic Colors 1.22 - by Lucke189
- Some of sound samples - by Angry Newbie
You can use any sources of the mod as your wish.
You don't need any permission to use the mod.
Just add the name of the mod and my nickname to a credit list.